Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 07-23-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265882)
Fans of Planet Rock moved on from the band's sound once they stopped being a big rock band. Hardly concerning if they are losing fans from a genre they no longer appeal to, right?

Do you know how easy it would be to get them back? you just have to make a real rock album, and make sure Richie is on board. All these rock lovers that once liked Bon Jovi, would listen to that album without thinking twice.

Captain_jovi 07-23-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265883)
Do you know how easy it would be to get them back? you just have to make a real rock album, and make sure Richie is on board. All these rock lovers that once liked Bon Jovi, would listen to that album without thinking twice.

I wound up deleting my post because it's not worth starting that argument. I genuinely think Jon isn't considered with the rock community and I'd rather he do what makes him happy then release something that probably won't sound good. He can't pull off big rock songs live, why would you want that back? Forget savior-to-the-rock-sound Richie for a second, Jon sounds like a whisper when he shouts, people need to move on.

Alphavictim 07-23-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265883)

Are you delusional? Bon Jovi are regarded as a band for housewives, pussies, and whatever. If you remember DevilSon, the user, he claimed that when he got into the band, his friends who liked thrash metal almost exclusively were also on board. These days are LONG gone. When I was a teen, I put on Bon Jovi to piss off these people. That was around 2003, 2004. In fact, they've had about zero cred in the rock community ever since the Crush album. "Real" rock community, as in: People who argue about who is real rock and who is not.

It's been 20 years since Crush. And like Cpt said, I don't see JBJ blowing out the remainder of his voice so he can open up for Def Leppard and win back some old fans.

rolo_tomachi 07-23-2020 10:43 PM

No matter what Jon record. he can never make it sound good live, or you are deaf. However, making a rock album with the tricks.. will last.

Bon Jovi is still capable of attracting an audience that has lost. But he have to play his cards well, forget to make an album thinking about a tour, they just have to go get your best album as if it were your swan song. As if it was their last time, instead of making it more and more pop, they should consider making an album with balls, at least for once in this century.

Jon has been making the same album too long. And the rock community is much more open today. We're not in 1992 anymore. The problem with Bon Jovi is that they are too pop, they don't even have guitar solos anymore.
Look at Foo Fighters, their albums are rock, they are not doing very hard rock or trash metal, and they are loved in the community. I don't buy all that stuff from the housewives. If Jon had a more rock trend, he would be less hated.

Captain_jovi 07-23-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265887)
No matter what Jon record. he can never make it sound good live, or you are deaf. However, making a rock album with the tricks.. will last.

Bon Jovi is still capable of attracting an audience that has lost. But he have to play his cards well, forget to make an album thinking about a tour, they just have to go get your best album as if it were your swan song. As if it was their last time, instead of making it more and more pop, they should consider making an album with balls, at least for once in this century.

Jon has been making the same album too long. And the rock community is much more open today. We're not in 1992 anymore. The problem with Bon Jovi is that they are too pop, they don't even have guitar solos anymore.
Look at Foo Fighters, their albums are rock, they are not doing very hard rock or trash metal, and they are loved in the community. TI don't buy all that stuff from the housewives. If Jon had a more rock trend, he would be less hated.

With all the respect in the world, you are constantly suggesting they put out a double album. Your ideas aren't bad, they're just not rooted in reality. They absolutely have to pull off the album close to how it sounds live, 100 percent. They will get lambasted over the fire by this board and the people who came back to the fanbase if they go on stage to promote songs Jon can't sing. So no, none of that idea I don't think can happen.

rolo_tomachi 07-23-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265888)
With all the respect in the world, you are constantly suggesting they put out a double album. Your ideas aren't bad, they're just not rooted in reality. They absolutely have to pull off the album close to how it sounds live, 100 percent. They will get lambasted over the fire by this board and the people who came back to the fanbase if they go on stage to promote songs Jon can't sing. So no, none of that idea I don't think can happen.

Anything that gets out of the routine would be worth it, the problem, as I said before, is that we are caught in the same cycle as always, the albums are too similar, the songs sound the same way, there are no solos, there are no guitars! anything that takes a different course would be great.

Alphavictim 07-23-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265887)
Look at Foo Fighters, their albums are rock, they are not doing very hard rock or trash metal, and they are loved in the community.

Which community? They and Bon Jovi don't really share an audience. Foo Fighters is a festival band. Bon Jovi are a radio rock band. Completely different audience.

Captain_jovi 07-23-2020 11:07 PM

Foo Fighters don't need to rely on vocal tricks in the studio to help their singer either. Granted almost all of Dave's recorded vocals are double tracked to thicken but they bring it live.

Alphavictim 07-23-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265891)
Foo Fighters don't need to rely on vocal tricks in the studio to help their singer either. Granted almost all of Dave's recorded vocals are double tracked to thicken but they bring it live.

Honestly, that the identity of BJ the band is that of a band whose lead singer can't sing anymore is... well, it is insanely sad? Also, it's not like they shared an audience pre-2012.

rolo_tomachi 07-23-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265891)

Foo Fighters is an example that making rock songs can be successful. Jon parece obsesionado en perseguir exitos de radio. Look at Stone Sour, Corey Taylor's band, made an album in 2017 and sold pretty well. His first single Song 3, has more visits than This House is Not For Sale.

No matter the tricks in the studio, Bon Jovi always used them. There is nothing wrong with that.

And wake up, Bon Jovi live is a fraud, no matter what soft and slow songs he try to do, because live they will sound horrible. So since you're going to sound awful anyway, at least make a great album putting everything in the recording studio.