Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 07-23-2020 11:30 PM

Jon never was that much into rock music anymore like some might like to think. The music these days basically are the pre-Bon Jovi Powerstation Songs with worse vocals. Musically not that much difference.

rolo_tomachi 07-23-2020 11:35 PM

I love that Jon continues to make new music, I don't even care about the quality of the matter. But if I have to be honest, making a mediocre album to be able to play it live seems stupid to me at this point, since everything sounds bad, Jon's voice doesn't hold up live and his band lost all the personality it once had.

I'm just saying, for once in your life, you could use all those technological means to make an important, rock album, do your best in the studio, and not think about what you can and can't sing on a show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1265895)
Jon never was that much into rock music anymore like some might like to think. The music these days basically are the pre-Bon Jovi Powerstation Songs with worse vocals. Musically not that much difference.

Bon Jovi once was a great rock n roll band. Don't forget it.

RonJovi 07-24-2020 12:03 AM

Just listened to Do What You Can. Thought it was pretty awful and I didn’t mind the acoustic version. There’s a Who Says quality to it but it’s not as good a song. The “stranger is a friend you haven’t met yet” rivals “Remember that you’re perfect, God makes no mistakes” for cringe inducing awfulness. This album is shaping up to be a bit of a shitshow. If the 4 tracks so far are the best they have, God help us. Unbroken is meh, American Reckoning is okay, Limitless is like Knockout but even shittier and Do What You Can is horrible.

What About Now may well be a masterpiece compared to 2020.

rolo_tomachi 07-24-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1265899)
Just listened to Do What You Can. Thought it was pretty awful and I didn’t mind the acoustic version. There’s a Who Says quality to it but it’s not as good a song. The “stranger is a friend you haven’t met yet” rivals “Remember that you’re perfect, God makes no mistakes” for cringe inducing awfulness. This album is shaping up to be a bit of a shitshow. If the 4 tracks so far are the best they have, God help us. Unbroken is meh, American Reckoning is okay, Limitless is like Knockout but even shittier and Do What You Can is horrible.

What About Now may well be a masterpiece compared to 2020.

Even Richie's songs on that failed project that was Rso are better.

I Dont Want To Need You Now > Limitless
Take Me > Do What You Can
Forever All The Way > American Reckoning
One Night Of Peace > Unbroken

Captain_jovi 07-24-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265894)
Foo Fighters is an example that making rock songs can be successful. Jon parece obsesionado en perseguir exitos de radio. Look at Stone Sour, Corey Taylor's band, made an album in 2017 and sold pretty well. His first single Song 3, has more visits than This House is Not For Sale.

No matter the tricks in the studio, Bon Jovi always used them. There is nothing wrong with that.

And wake up, Bon Jovi live is a fraud, no matter what soft and slow songs he try to do, because live they will sound horrible. So since you're going to sound awful anyway, at least make a great album putting everything in the recording studio.

So you want them to sabotage their live ticket sales (The thing that actually brings in money) to put out an album (which even if it went gangbusters won't come CLOSE to making what the tour will) to possibly bring back a fan base that left long ago.

Alpha was right, you're delusional.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-24-2020 01:48 AM

TRACKLISTING with songwriter credits
Limitless (Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Falcon, John Shanks)
Do What You Can (Jon Bon Jovi)
American Reckoning (Jon Bon Jovi)
Beautiful Drug (Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Falcon, John Shanks)
Story of Love (Jon Bon Jovi)
Let It Rain (Jon Bon Jovi)
Lower the Flag (Jon Bon Jovi)
Blood in the Water (Jon Bon Jovi)
Brothers in Arms (Jon Bon Jovi)
Unbroken (Jon Bon Jovi)

burni 07-24-2020 07:42 AM

80s rock in the charts is dead

Hello, for me DWYC is the best song so far, but nothing spectacular. The others I rarely listen to. Some lyrics are great, but the rest of the songs.

I think, he does what he can, because he can't do what he used to do and what made him famous. If he would has some great voice still, then who knows... Captain is right I think in a lot of things he wrote. Bon Jovi is for housewifes. That's a monumental cliché for the history books. I'm a fan since 88 and always got these smiles you probably know. Even Master of Puppets 2 would not change that. It would be a joke and bomb. Metallica would be number 1 all over the world

If he wants to have a hit, he has to sing with Ariana Grande or The Weekend worldwide or Capital Bra in Germany. As an artist would probably Rick Rubin or Bob Ezrin worth a try. I think, he is not stupid, he knows the busines, but still does what he does

BJFan99 07-24-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265881)
https://www.facebook.com/19992562080...7505990742081/

Look at the comments. Recent releases are driving the fans away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even the casuals are (slowly, but still) starting to realize how much the band have declined recently in every way...

hackster73 07-24-2020 08:40 AM

It was time for a different producer after The Circle. Not saying The Circle and the albums before are perfect, far from it but the decline really started with What About Now, Richie leaving and what we are left with are the crumbs of what was a great band. Yes they are getting older, yes Richie is gone but Jon needs new direction and to be challenged. This paint by numbers music and production has destroyed the Bon Jovi I knew.

BJFan99 07-24-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265883)
Do you know how easy it would be to get them back? you just have to make a real rock album, and make sure Richie is on board. All these rock lovers that once liked Bon Jovi, would listen to that album without thinking twice.

Please, after almost 7.5 years, try to understand.

Richie doesn’t want to be in the band anymore, Jon has sunk way too deep on the formulaic middle-of-the-road pop rock shithole by now (f*ck you very much, Shanks) and he can no longer sing worth a crap. It’s hard to write a real rock record when all of your main attributes to make it successful are presumably gone for good.