Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sex, drugs and Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51366)

la8989 09-25-2016 03:31 PM

what you think about new bon jovi track Labor Of Love ?

rokuli 09-26-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la8989 (Post 1207803)
what you think about new bon jovi track Labor Of Love ?

its got U2 written all over it....

But the book is BRILLIANT! I truly enjoyed it, not very well written, but some of the stories & most of the pictures are excellent.

Rockstarlady 08-20-2021 02:30 PM

Just came across this:
Quote:

18 years ago today…..Simon & Schuster published their best selling book in the UK. StarMan….now in production at Netflix for a six part TV drama series for summer 2022. #netflix #books #boxing #rock #music
(Found on https://twitter.com/FightClub1964/st...529056263?s=20)

Thinny 08-20-2021 04:40 PM

Holy Crap - that book was released 18 years ago!? Time flies...

Netflix show would be interesting. I wonder what Jon's legal team will make of that....?

blazeofglory 08-20-2021 06:48 PM

I really can't imagine Jon giving his okay for a Netflix show unless he's in charge and it's all done on his own terms and according to his own rules...

Faceman 08-20-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1275121)
Netflix show would be interesting. I wonder what Jon's legal team will make of that....?

Does it even matter? He couldn't prevent the book so why should he be able to prevent a netflix show?
And I mean...it's been 18 years, the book's content is yesterday's news (at best). And although I loved reading the book back then and from a fan's point of view it still is a good read...it holds nothing too special or too secret about the band. In fact I think a Netflix show that is somehow connected to Bon Jovi might even help to gain attention for their current projects than it causes damage to their reputation.

Rockstarlady 08-20-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1275123)
Does it even matter? He couldn't prevent the book so why should he be able to prevent a netflix show?
And I mean...it's been 18 years, the book's content is yesterday's news (at best). And although I loved reading the book back then and from a fan's point of view it still is a good read...it holds nothing too special or too secret about the band. In fact I think a Netflix show that is somehow connected to Bon Jovi might even help to gain attention for their current projects than it causes damage to their reputation.

Agree 100%!

Thinny 08-21-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1275123)

A book is a different medium to TV and the rules are different. If JBJ is going to be portrayed in the show, then legally he may have to sign off on that.

And you know that Jon won't see it as a promotional opportunity. He has always been known for being a very private person and keeping things close to his chest. I'm sure he wasn't happy about a book that had a somewhat limited audince, let alone a TV show with a potential audience of millions. There is no way that he will not want to know how he is represeneted in it before it airs.

Anyways, i was just wondering out loud in my previous comment.

MrsDavidSambora 08-26-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1275122)
I really can't imagine Jon giving his okay for a Netflix show unless he's in charge and it's all done on his own terms and according to his own rules...

I don't think that they need JBJ to approve it!

If these stories are true - more or less - Jon or the band can't do anything about it.

But neverthless.. an "Insider" selling whats going on behind the scenes, is definitly condemnable and not OK at all... I gues he needs this money really badly!

Thinny 08-26-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDavidSambora (Post 1275213)
I don't think that they need JBJ to approve it!

If these stories are true - more or less - Jon or the band can't do anything about it.

It's not a documentary....the band (or rather their lawers) could absolutely put a stop on it if they felt it misrepresented them, put them in a negative light or was harmful to their brand. If Jon is going to be in it then Netflix will want to get Jon's approval to avoid any legal issues down the line.

Why do you think certain characters, such as the record company execs, in Bohemian Rhapsody were replaced with fictional characters?

I get the feeling that it may actually be reinterpreted for Netflix to be about fictional bands based around the stories in the book, rather than actually naming real bands. Too risky...