Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official June 15 RDS Arena, Dublin, Ireland Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70577)

gazthomas 06-17-2019 04:22 AM

So basically Jon dropped bobby just as easy as Richie.

We taking bids on Dave or Tico next? Maybe Hugh???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 06-17-2019 04:30 AM

Both Bobby and Richie quit.

gazthomas 06-17-2019 05:09 AM

Were given an ultimatum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faith1985 06-17-2019 10:32 AM

If that is all true, Jon is basically a bigger prick than I thought and by no means the 'leader' he wants to be. And only loyal when it serves him

JackieBlue 06-17-2019 02:50 PM

TBH, there's not enough information for me to make a call, one way or the other. Without knowing what led up to that single moment in time, I can't tell if Bobby just quit, if what Jon said was an ultimatum, or if either of them acted like a prick. It seems like there was some animosity; but I doubt it all started with Jon's comment.

bonjovi90 06-17-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1255455)
TBH, there's not enough information for me to make a call, one way or the other. Without knowing what led up to that single moment in time, I can't tell if Bobby just quit, if what Jon said was an ultimatum, or if either of them acted like a prick. It seems like there was some animosity; but I doubt it all started with Jon's comment.

I doubt it as well, there must've been some kind of friction beforehand. That was just the thing that tipped Bobby over.

JimmyShoes_ 06-17-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1255363)
It didn't come from there, but just confirmed what I had heard before. And I don't think there's a need to keep this story off the radar any longer, it's been three years since it leaked. One of the members of the current Bon Jovi line-up (obviously not Jon :mrgreen:) met one of the members of the band Bounce back in 2016 at an event. They were introduced to each other and the member seemed to be really jetlagged, but also very interested in a chat. They talked for nearly an hour about everything from instruments to how to play with other musicians to how to do certain elements of a Jovi song and so on. Near the end, this story slipped out:
Bobby had been with the band and a great person to hang around with, pretty funny and doing essential and great vocals (no word of his guitar playing). As we know from the 2014 Red Bank video, he had gained tons of weight after the BWC tour, looking like Santa Clause. Simply because he had been going through some real rough times as he was getting divorced. That's why he was absent from the work on Burning Bridges and that's why Matt played the Asian Mini tour in 2015. After the contract situations for THINFS got resolved and the band was gearing up for that cycle, Jon allegedly told him to "get his shit together and start losing weight", to which Bobby flipped him the finger, telling him to "take care of his own crap".
That's how it ended. After having told the story, that jetlagged member seemed to realize that he had just aired some dirty laundry and was a bit uncomfortable having done so.

The member of Bounce sounds like an ass. He was told something in confidence and gossiped around other fans.

Burlhouse 06-17-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyShoes_ (Post 1255469)
The member of Bounce sounds like an ass. He was told something in confidence and gossiped around other fans.

Agreed. Apart from the fact we're only hearing one side of the story.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 06-17-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyShoes_ (Post 1255469)

He wasn't. This was a public event and they weren't talking in private, but there constantly were many other people standing around them during their conversation.