Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2018 / 2019 European Tour rumors (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70086)

DavetheGodofKeys 01-05-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1232201)
My gosh would they just announce the dates already. My friends are tired of me putting off a trip with them, because I’m waiting for dates.

True! I can't wait because if they come in my country or at least in some neighbouring countries I'll want to see them as much as possible because this might very well be their last tour.

Panda 01-10-2018 09:28 AM

I have a feeling there won't be any European dates. Jon said in the recent podcast from yesterday that he had stadiums booked in the summer but scrapped that idea. Instead he's doing about 30 shows in the Spring, starting in March. Maybe that includes Europe? Maybe not?

Thinny 01-10-2018 11:08 AM

If Jon decides to ignore all of Europe again completely that's a massive FU to the fans that stood by them all through the years, even when america lost interest.

Jayster 01-10-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1232360)
If Jon decides to ignore all of Europe again completely that's a massive FU to the fans that stood by them all through the years, even when america lost interest.

The guy could easily have retired a quarter of a century ago. Not touring as much when he's in his 6th decade on earth is hardly a FU to fans. Relax.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thinny 01-10-2018 11:18 AM

It is if he tours the US again instead of coming to Europe....could easily do 30 dates in Europe. He did the US last year....it basically says "I can't be bothered" or "I'll go where I'll make the most money".

steel_horse75 01-10-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1232364)
It is if he tours the US again instead of coming to Europe....could easily do 30 dates in Europe. He did the US last year....it basically says "I can't be bothered" or "I'll go where I'll make the most money".

Why does it?
Theyve been here a ton of times in last 10 years.
Id rather short tours if it means longevity.
I can wait for a live show.
But do you honestly think theyll not come to Europe? course they will. Just be much scaled down.
In UK they normally do at least 5 stadiums - theyll do arenas instead. Which I much prefer.

Thinny 01-10-2018 12:14 PM

I'm not the one that said I didn't think they would tour here...just that if they did the US again instead of UK/Europe it seems somewhat unfair...

I also have no problem with them scaling down the tours, as long as it's scaled down all over and doesn't just mean that they will mainly only play the US from now on.

I would be much happier with arenas than stadiums

Jayster 01-10-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1232366)
I'm not the one that said I didn't think they would tour here...just that if they did the US again instead of UK/Europe it seems somewhat unfair...

I also have no problem with them scaling down the tours, as long as it's scaled down all over and doesn't just mean that they will mainly only play the US from now on.

I would be much happier with arenas than stadiums

America is their home. Somewhat easier to tour there. You say it's unfair if they don't tour the UK. What about Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Africa etc etc? At this stage in the game they can do, or not do, whatever they like.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Becky 01-10-2018 01:25 PM

Do you realize the contradiction in your statements? If it was “making the most money” that mattered, he would not have CHOSEN to NOT play stadiums last summer.

steel_horse75 01-10-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1227582)
I don't think it was in reference to Jon's voice, just that the fact that the band are not really as popular as they once were. I can't really speak for Europe, but in the UK I think that they would struggle to fill stadiums over here nowadays....arenas would make much more sense

Before theyve done Twickenham/Hyde Park/Wembley, Coventry, Sunderland and somewhere in Scotland.

I think that they would have to do 1 show at Olympic Stadium or MK Bowl.
Theres no way theyd fill 4 stadium nights now.