Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Muse album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54155)

ticos_stick 09-25-2012 03:25 PM

I was a Muse fan but they've been alienating their fans since Black Holes and Revelations. Nobody got into Muse for albums full of prog rock orchestral shit, now they're going all Dubstep. Possibly the worst genre of music ever.

Awful. I yearn for the real Muse to come back.

Bleeding Purist 09-25-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1090541)
Your video doesn't work anymore. I got the leaked one as well. Will check it later this week. I must say I do like madness.

I salute you,
TS

Thanks for letting me know. Don't know what happened there, but I've fixed the link.

Bleeding Purist 09-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1090548)
I was a Muse fan but they've been alienating their fans since Black Holes and Revelations. Nobody got into Muse for albums full of prog rock orchestral shit, now they're going all Dubstep. Possibly the worst genre of music ever.

Awful. I yearn for the real Muse to come back.

They are not going all Dubstep. It's one track that looks to take the genre where DubStep never went. The album is varied, though if you aren't liking the evolution since Black Holes then you aren't going to like it.

ticos_stick 09-25-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1090553)
They are not going all Dubstep. It's one track that looks take the genre where it never did. The album is varied, though if you aren't liking the evolution since Black Holes then you aren't going to like it.

Okay, I worded that a bit strongly. I just hate dubstep and can't believe Muse would even go near it.

Thunderstrucker 09-26-2012 10:53 AM

I really do like Madness and the album as a whole is growing on me. Big Freeze is one of my favorites. But still I have to say that Unsustainable is one terrible creation. Brings the album down by a lot for me. The rest is fine. It doesn't beat The Resistance for me but it is still a Muse album.

I salute you,
TS

p.s.
But really, Unsustainable?....

Panda 09-26-2012 11:07 AM

the only song I've heard so far is madness and my opinion still hasn't changed. sounds like a pile of crap to me.

Yvonne 09-26-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterson (Post 1090527)
Thats the album leaked, off to bed soon though, so will need to wait until tomorrow to give it a listen

i'm glad you said this, will have a look for it when i finish work :)

Living_on_my_Hair 09-26-2012 03:11 PM

Its a great album. Mat Bellamy's guitar work on this album alone is enough for me to start raving about..

andi

ticos_stick 09-26-2012 05:10 PM

I'm going to give it a chance. Listening now.

Roxannah 09-26-2012 05:29 PM

i listened to it a few times now and while i don't love it, it's enjoyable. i read a couple of reviews and they totally murder this album. come on, it's not that bad.

i don't like Dubstep. however, i think they kinda made it work in Madness. it's not a song i particularly like, but it blends well with the rest of the instruments. and i'm a sucker for orchestration, so it's always a great addition to any song for me.

does this album appear to be slightly pretentious? it may come off like that and do get that feeling a bit, yes. it's it their best work? not at all. is it a horrible album? i don't think it is.