Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi and Aldo Nova (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55373)

Rumen 04-09-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1121073)
Any chance of a link to this....I couldn't find it...?

Here you go:
http://f.cl.ly/items/2y0v231S3p2v2H1...%20Bonjovi.mp3

Aldo Nova:

Blaze of Glory 1st time ever recorded acoustic version Aldo nova/Jon Bon Jovi into a cassette recorder 1990
Hi there from the man who never sleepsHAHAHA! I gonna share something that's never been heard before and that even Jon didn't know existed.Sorry but I'm in the recording too so too bad.

On Wikidedia when you go to Blaze of Glory the song,Jon tells the story o how the first time he played the song was in the desert to Emilio Estevez and John Frusco and they took it right there on the spot.

I'm afraid that's not true.You see as you'll hear from this recording that no one in the world but me has,it that the first time the song was recorded after it was written,was in Jon's office in his house in Rumson N.J. You can tell that Jon is the real deal 'cause his voice is remarkable even in one take in a cssette recorder. You hear Jon,on vox and that's me on guitar,and during the second half you actually hear me coming up with the intro riff that is the trademark of the song,even though i never got a writer's credit for it.Don't get me wrong Jon was always kind and generous with me,but as you'll se it's me and Jon alone on that tape,and there's no Emilio or director there,and we're certainly not in the desert.

Enjoy HAHAHA(LOL)

ezearis 04-09-2013 11:10 AM

I love the need of this guy to clarify that "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" equals "LOL".

Rumen 04-09-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1121040)
Looks like Jon and Aldo have had a falling out since '98.

Aldo, March 18th, 2013:

You know I may have some grapes about Jon Bon Jovi, but deep down I love the guy like a brother. Nuff Said. Leave the past in the past.

Rumen 04-09-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1120986)
He also posted an unreleased demo that him and Jon wrote form Blood On The Bricks. You can download the MP3 from his page. Just right click it...

Dance of the Dead - Aldo Nova/Jon Bon Jovi Blood demo 1990:

http://f.cl.ly/items/0P2h3Q3D3f380r3...emo%201990.mp3

Jon's band Bangalore Choir (Curt Mitchell on guitar and David L. Reece on vocals) with "their" song Doin The Dance:


BTW, their first album On Target rocks :)

ezearis 04-09-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1121094)
Aldo, March 18th, 2013:

You know I may have some grapes about Jon Bon Jovi, but deep down I love the guy like a brother. Nuff Said. Leave the past in the past.

What happenned between them? Also, thanks for the Blaze of Glory demo link.

Beaky 04-09-2013 12:58 PM

Brilliant thread... lovely, juicy links...

I think we all know by now that Jon is somewhat liberal with the truth, especially when it comes to his memory for certain events. We all are, I guess but with him, there's a lot more focus on it.

Poor old Aldo... a cautionary tale for Bobby here, me thinks.

Rdkopper 04-09-2013 02:18 PM

- We need someone to try and clean both, the demo and audience recordings of Blaze. Those are treasures of gold esp the demo.

- Also if you are a fan of Blood On The Bricks and are interested in the collaboration between Aldo & Jon, here is what I gathered per song.

Of the 10 album tracks Jon wrote on 9 of them and produced the entire album. Bright Lights was the only track Jon didn't write on which becomes clean when you listen to it.

1.Blood on the Bricks
2.Medicine Man
3.Bang Bang
4.Someday
5.Young Love
6.Modern World
7.This Ain't Love
8.Hey Ronnie (Veronica's Song)
9.Touch of Madness
10.Bright Lights - Aldo Nova


Of the unofficial released demos, I confirmed that Jon wrote on at least 2 of the demos that didn't make the final album. Burn Like The Sun & Hey Johnny. You could listen to Burn Like The Sun here:

http://muzofon.com/search/Aldo%20Nova

The rest of the demos are in circulation and I'll try to snatch the rest up today. My guess is that the Bright Lights Big City demo version becomes the Bright Lights album version and Hey Johnny turned into Hey Ronnie but I'll confirm both later.

Being that these are all demos, none of them have been produced (by Jon) yet. You hear the more rawness to each song. Personally, I like the Bon Jovi sound.

http://kissmar.blogspot.com/2011/03/...emos-1991.html

Bang Bang
Desire
Burn Like The Sun - Jon
The Mission
Hanging On A Heartbeat
Hey Johnny - Jon
Little Wild Ones
Bright Lights Big City

Here is another great link that I used to confirm that both Burn Like The Sun & Hey Johnny were written with Jon. It's from The Songwriters Hall Of Fame but I'm not sure if it's complete. I'll go through it with a fine tooth comb later. However those were the only 2 songs listed from the demos.

http://songwritershalloffame.org/ind...ed/C6013/P200/

Finally, we also go the newest unreleased demo from Aldo's FB Page. This was also a bonus track on the Japanese edition.

Dance of the Dead - Aldo Nova/Jon Bon Jovi Blood demo 1990:
http://f.cl.ly/items/0P2h3Q3D3f380r3...emo%201990.mp3

Alphavictim 04-09-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1121040)
I don't think that's right, it was Tim Pierce that played on Runaway.


Damn, you're right. He was just thanked for "additional guitar, additional keyboards", which could mean anything, given he probably had a lot more studio experience than the rest of the band (session players excluded).

Rdkopper 04-09-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1121129)

Bang Bang
Desire
Burn Like The Sun - Jon
The Mission
Hanging On A Heartbeat
Hey Johnny - Jon
Little Wild Ones
Bright Lights Big City

Here are 5 out of the 8 demos (4 on this one link, 1 on Youtube:)
http://muzofon.com/search/Aldo%20Nova%20demo

Hey Johnny is in fact Hey Ronnie with alt lyrics. It's got Jon's writing all over it. The Demo is a love song from Aldo to Jon. What's interesting here is, it shows you how the song and lyrics transformed to be about a guy and a girl when you listen to the final version of Hey Ronnie. It kinda shows you inside their writing process.

Some lyrics:

You were 19, I was 25 when I saw you for the first time....
I met you at the station....
You were singing about the Runaway, I was almost #1


Still 3 remaining to be found:

Bright Lights Big City - I confirmed that it is on the album as Bright Lights
Desire & The Mission - I don't believe Jon had a hand in writing thse

Nige 04-09-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1121089)
Here you go:
http://f.cl.ly/items/2y0v231S3p2v2H1...%20Bonjovi.mp3

Aldo Nova:

Blaze of Glory 1st time ever recorded acoustic version Aldo nova/Jon Bon Jovi into a cassette recorder 1990
Hi there from the man who never sleepsHAHAHA! I gonna share something that's never been heard before and that even Jon didn't know existed.Sorry but I'm in the recording too so too bad.

On Wikidedia when you go to Blaze of Glory the song,Jon tells the story o how the first time he played the song was in the desert to Emilio Estevez and John Frusco and they took it right there on the spot.

I'm afraid that's not true.You see as you'll hear from this recording that no one in the world but me has,it that the first time the song was recorded after it was written,was in Jon's office in his house in Rumson N.J. You can tell that Jon is the real deal 'cause his voice is remarkable even in one take in a cssette recorder. You hear Jon,on vox and that's me on guitar,and during the second half you actually hear me coming up with the intro riff that is the trademark of the song,even though i never got a writer's credit for it.Don't get me wrong Jon was always kind and generous with me,but as you'll se it's me and Jon alone on that tape,and there's no Emilio or director there,and we're certainly not in the desert.

Enjoy HAHAHA(LOL)

Cheers-you star :D


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.