Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Jersey to be played in 2018? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69915)

Panda 03-21-2017 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1221334)
Exactly. And plus, New Jersey is not even an iconic enough album where substantial amount of additional tickets would get sold, like it would've with SWW or like it will with Joshua Tree.

But then again, this is the same person that suggested that these THINFS tour setlists are missing The Distance, so...

New Jersey is big enough. Ill be there for you and bad medicine are huge songs.

Also - forgive me if im wrong, but is there anything more challenging vocally from that album that they don't already perform already, ie. Ill be there for you, bad medicine.

99 in the shade is the only song I can see Jon not only hating, but struggling to sing.

SuperBrad 03-21-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1221352)
New Jersey is big enough. Ill be there for you and bad medicine are huge songs.

Also - forgive me if im wrong, but is there anything more challenging vocally from that album that they don't already perform already, ie. Ill be there for you, bad medicine.

99 in the shade is the only song I can see Jon not only hating, but struggling to sing.

Are you serious ? Love for sale is the ONLY one he could pull off now ....

hackster73 03-21-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1221334)
Exactly. And plus, New Jersey is not even an iconic enough album where substantial amount of additional tickets would get sold, like it would've with SWW or like it will with Joshua Tree.

But then again, this is the same person that suggested that these THINFS tour setlists are missing The Distance, so...

It is certainly a big enough album full of hits

Bad Medicine
I'll Be There For You
Born To Be My Baby
Living In Sin
Lay Your Hands On Me

Plus songs like Blood On Blood, Homebound Train, Wild Is The Wind...

I've seen this band many times over the last 20 years and just want something different.

Jeeper 03-21-2017 09:46 AM

Doesn't New Jersey hold a record for having the most Top 10 singles off a hard rock album?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayster 03-21-2017 10:20 AM

They didn't do it for SWW, so they're not going to do it for New Jersey.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

hackster73 03-21-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1221361)
Doesn't New Jersey hold a record for having the most Top 10 singles off a hard rock album?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It produced five Billboard Hot 100 top ten hits, the most top ten hits to date for any hard rock/glam metal album, including "Bad Medicine" and "I'll Be There for You", which both reached No. 1. The album was certified 7x Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. The album also debuted at No. 1 in the UK and was the band's first UK No. 1 album. New Jersey was released by the Soviet state-owned record company "Melodiya", being the first American album ever released in USSR.

As I stated it is a very important album.

Captain_jovi 03-21-2017 12:53 PM

It's an important album but if they didn't do it with Slippery, I just don't see them doing it with NJ.

Faceman 03-21-2017 03:15 PM

There were so many opportunities to play certain albums in its entirety and except Lost Highway during its own tour they haven't done it at all.
So I don't see why they should start doing it now without Richie and without Jon's voice.

Captain_jovi 03-21-2017 03:46 PM

They came very close to doing it in full in 2001 at a random city in the US.

Faceman 03-21-2017 03:53 PM

You think of Grand Rapids!?
Well, Born To Be My Baby, Wild Is The Wind, Living In Sin, Homebound Train, Bad Medicine and Blood On Blood in one show (and not during the NJ tour) was absolutely awesome. But I wouldn't call it getting close playing the album in its entirety.