Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Guns N' Roses original bassist joins the band onstage @ London! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51916)

Bounce7800 10-15-2010 10:58 PM

Was tempted to go down as I was in the area, but after Axl turned up nearer midnight the last time I saw them I decided to give it a miss and get more pissed instead. Shame, cos I like Chinese Democracy.

UKjovi 10-16-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1019564)
Nice to see....

Just a shame that tickets for last night's gig were being given away for free!

What??? I thought this was sold out? When I looked for tickets a couple of months ago it was sold out.

Manets 10-16-2010 07:25 PM

Axl already played with Izzy (2006) and Duff (2010), and went to a stripclub with Steven Adler (2006). But he will never play with Slash again. That's because Slash bashes Axl when it's interesting and praises when it's interesting. He's a liar, a music prostitute. That's why.
Duff's not. Duff is a musician that sticked to his roots and didn't sold himself playing with a bunch of popstars (Justin Bieber, Pussycat Dolls, Black Eyed Peas, among others). I'm not saying this is the reason why Axl played with Duff and won't play with Slash. I'm just saying that this is one of the main differences between them.
Axl didn't have any problem with Duff before, and Duff only sued Axl because what they were fighting for was something that Duff helped to make, it was his right.
But Slash... Axl always had problems with him.

Slash would give anything to play with Axl Rose again.

Bleeding Purist 10-16-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manets (Post 1019724)
Slash would give anything to play with Axl Rose again.

I think you have a very warped idea about who the talent was in the original band and who Axl is.

Javier 10-16-2010 09:07 PM

Get Duff AND Izzy and at least you're partly there and it would still be something special to see.

I've always said A full G'n'R reunion will happen someday, just not now, they still need to get to the point where they are old enough to be too old for anyone to care about them without each other.....

sammy645 10-17-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

I think you have a very warped idea about who the talent was in the original band and who Axl is.
Lol, if you think all the talent in the original band come from Slash then you are way off. I would say Axl and Izzy were the two most important members of the band, than Slash. Slash has released shit loads of material since Guns N' Roses, and to be frank his new work is just boring, if it was up to him GN'R would have released AFD over and over again, and we would have never got Coma, Estranged or November Rain.

Supersonic 10-17-2010 09:30 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy645 (Post 1019766)
Lol, if you think all the talent in the original band come from Slash then you are way off. I would say Axl and Izzy were the two most important members of the band, than Slash. Slash has released shit loads of material since Guns N' Roses, and to be frank his new work is just boring, if it was up to him GN'R would have released AFD over and over again, and we would have never got Coma, Estranged or November Rain.

Yeah, a Axl vs. Slash debate. Why is it so hard to understand for some people that Axl is a dictator and wanted GnR to be his project, but that when Axl and Slash used to work together they brought out the best in eachother. Why a debate about who's the most talented?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

sammy645 10-17-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Yeah, a Axl vs. Slash debate. Why is it so hard to understand for some people that Axl is a dictator and wanted GnR to be his project, but that when Axl and Slash used to work together they brought out the best in eachother. Why a debate about who's the most talented?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I agree, i dont think any of the members will ever be as good as they were together. Axl is a prick no doubt about it, but isnt any reason for people to forget that his actually a very talented musician

Bleeding Purist 10-17-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy645 (Post 1019766)

*insert derisive "LOL" here*

Learn to read and don't live just in your own head trying to argue against statements that weren't made. There was a band there, not just Axl and Slash.

Bleeding Purist 10-17-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy645 (Post 1019779)
Axl is a prick no doubt about it, but isnt any reason for people to forget that his actually a very talented musician

It's cute when kids develop fantasies about their heroes.