Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi's New Contract (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69904)

Burlhouse 03-15-2017 06:17 AM

Bon Jovi's New Contract

I am noticing more interviews with David and Tico in the media and nearly all promo shots have the whole band. Even in interviews with Jon only, he is mostly referring to 'we' instead of the imperious 'I'. I guess the experience these past few years, brought Jon down to earth, more than expected.

Although not so new anymore, do you think the new contract involves the whole band this time around, instead of only the frontman's name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WILDJOVIMAN 03-15-2017 08:06 AM

I´m fine with it... i´ve noticed it too...

LarryBJ 03-15-2017 12:00 PM

That's Great

Rdkopper 03-15-2017 01:13 PM

Absolutely not... I don't think one has to do with the other...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Bounce7800 03-15-2017 02:20 PM

It's not contractual. The band were doing interviews up until at least Crush and Bounce.

I think it's a conscious decision by Jon to make the band seem a group again after many years of Jon being the figurehead and doing all the promo work. But I'd highly doubt it's anything to do with a new contact.

Eveline 03-15-2017 02:36 PM

I think it goes well with the record title, the album cover and the whole idea behind it. They're like a family who lost a founding member so it's not a surprise that the remaining ones have to keep close.

bjcrazycpa 03-15-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1220885)
It's not contractual. The band were doing interviews up until at least Crush and Bounce.

I think it's a conscious decision by Jon to make the band seem a group again after many years of Jon being the figurehead and doing all the promo work. But I'd highly doubt it's anything to do with a new contact.

Totally agree with you. My guess is Jon was the only one that negotiated, along with Irving Azoff, and signed the new record deal.

steel_horse75 03-15-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1220885)

This..............

Rdkopper 03-15-2017 03:57 PM

When I saw the title, I actually thought I was going to read something interesting!!! Like the actual deal that was made...

No one know for sure but after 30 plus years, knowing Jon doesn't like change, plus the risk of changing members, my educated guess is that Jon signs the deal and the members sign with Jon... This give Jon total creative and artistic control...

I'd love to know the new terms especially with Jon being 55 (54 at the time)... Albums/Tours/Years...

golittleperson 03-15-2017 06:41 PM

I don't think the promotion and including the other band members is in any way contractual. It is still Jon's band from a business stance and he would be the signature on file. I think they are all trying to reinforce their unity - especially now.

Kind of surprised there was not a new thread on Jon's Sunday Morning TV interview - it was nothing new however and actually some closed body language as if he is tiring of the same old questions, but he has an album/tour to promote. Maybe as someone suggested we do need a fan to conduct an interview - you know you couldn't cross certain lines but some new questions would probably engage Jon a bit more. There are links on the show page and the one I enjoyed the most is this little snippet with David and Tico. They are not "told" to do this - they are reinforcing BonJovi 2017 because they want to imo.

http://www.today.com/video/bon-jovi-...d-895984707569