Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cost of Tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69976)

Captain.Crash 04-23-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1224002)
None of this is closely remote to being true...

1.Tickets went on sale months prior which gave them projected sales figures...

2. I was at these shows and Jon didn't hang onto the mics at all.

Try again!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Try again? To What?

Everyone here knows there has been many times when he grabs the Mic and drapes both arms over it. And he always does it when the livin on a prayer overlay dub hits.

So many people at the shows I went to commented on the lack of video screens and if you look on Facebook after shows there were lots of comments there .

Why can't disagreement be seen as only that? Rather than some attempt to tarnish the band and their legacy?

bonjovi90 04-23-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash (Post 1224020)
Try again? To What?

Everyone here knows there has been many times when he grabs the Mic and drapes both arms over it. And he always does it when the livin on a prayer overlay dub hits.

So many people at the shows I went to commented on the lack of video screens and if you look on Facebook after shows there were lots of comments there .

Why can't disagreement be seen as only that? Rather than some attempt to tarnish the band and their legacy?

Because he enjoyed the shows for what they were and that makes any other argument invalid!

Rdkopper 04-23-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash (Post 1224020)
Try again? To What?

I'm not arguing your point of there being a lack of video screens. I'm arguing your points for the reasons why...

Your first reason was, they wanted to keep costs down in fear of low ticket sales which in my option is absolutely ridiculous to begin with but in truth, they had projected numbers because the shows went on sale months prior...

Your second reason for not having screens was because Jon didn't want people to see him glued to the mic which is also absolutely ridiculous BTY but also untrue because I was at three of those shows, and he was running around like a mad man...

So yes, try again

ThePunisher 04-23-2017 04:39 PM

Gotta agree here with RDK, the fact that you want to say no video screens was a cost saving measure is beyond ludicrous. If there was even a slight chance of low ticket sales, they have insurances and safety nets for that. So yes as said above, try again.

Javier 04-23-2017 09:51 PM

You could look for reasons and excuses for just about anything, but lack of video screens could just be a stylistic choice for this leg of the tour. They've taken a very simplistic approach to the stage set up and no big jumbo video screens was just another layer of that set up. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one, or, you could just choose to believe whatever theory you have....

Rdkopper 04-23-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1224028)
You could look for reasons and excuses for just about anything, but lack of video screens could just be a stylistic choice for this leg of the tour. They've taken a very simplistic approach to the stage set up and no big jumbo video screens was just another layer of that set up. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one, or, you could just choose to believe whatever theory you have....

Agree!!!!!

Captain.Crash 04-24-2017 04:28 AM

Probably right on the ticket sales.... But the idea that Jon himself was insecure and his vocals were the worst they've ever been is absolutely a fair theory. And yes while he did "move aroind" at both Toronto shows, more than the last time I saw them in 2013... he absolutely was glued to the Mic stand for any song that had tougher vocals.

C'monFeet 04-28-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1223894)
It costs about $10.4 million for Bon Jovi to stage its This House Is Not for Sale tour. Here are some of the larger expenses:

Substantially less than a new Broadway/West End musical, and with substantially less risk.

Elvistico 07-10-2017 09:18 PM

I just wonder what Jon was thinking after seeing U2 in Chicago with their the Joshua Tree Tour. This stage is (again) such a state of the art production and U2 are so on top of their game. Jon - competitive as he is - surely does go home with a feeling that U2 are outperforming his band big time.

I know a Jovi show holds the middle between a Bruce and a U2 show, so in terms of lights, production, stage etc, ... they will never try to be more spectacular than U2, but i remember that he has mentioned to be very disappointed in their own productions in past tours and that the creative agency they are working with had their final chance with the 'Sofia' stage.

They did a great job and Jon was really proud of that .
Can't image if you're 'Bon Jovi' that you don't want to show off a little bit just to show the world who they are and were they come from.

A bit of visual magic just adds to the experience of a live show.

If I had a chance to talk to Jon once, this would probably be one of my first questions.