Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi's High Water Mark?? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30290)

dawk20 05-04-2005 03:16 PM

Bon Jovi's High Water Mark??

What would you say was the pinnacle of BJ's fame? The release of Slippery? Headlining the Moscow Music Peace fest? The release of New Jersey and sold out shows at Giants Stadium? These were all when JBJ had "iconic rock star" status. I saw him last summer and I was taking pictures of his hair plugs/extensions; this would NOT have happened in 1987!! (I'll try and post those pics later!)

Ima_Cowboy 05-04-2005 04:18 PM

Re: Bon Jovi's High Water Mark??

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawk20
I saw him last summer and I was taking pictures of his hair plugs/extensions; this would NOT have happened in 1987!! (I'll try and post those pics later!)

Yeah, Jon looked like a total bada*s in 1987! Why doesn't he rock the spandex and scarves anymore? He looks RIDICULOUS now!

Steve

Becky 05-04-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ima_Cowboy
Quote:

I saw him last summer and I was taking pictures of his hair plugs/extensions; this would NOT have happened in 1987!! (I'll try and post those pics later!)

Yeah, Jon looked like a total bada*s in 1987! Why doesn't he rock the spandex and scarves anymore? He looks RIDICULOUS now!

Steve

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

There have been too many great moments in their career to pick one "high water mark." Maybe it just comes down to the fact that they've survived long enough to have so many highlights (and I don't mean in their hair).

Becky

Jovimimi 05-04-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

What would you say was the pinnacle of BJ's fame? The release of Slippery? Headlining the Moscow Music Peace fest? The release of New Jersey and sold out shows at Giants Stadium? These were all when JBJ had "iconic rock star" status. I saw him last summer and I was taking pictures of his hair plugs/extensions; this would NOT have happened in 1987!! (I'll try and post those pics later!)

I don't understand very well the subject of this question ... ok I understand but what is the point of the picture of the hair extension, taken last summer ?? :roll:

thesedays2003 05-04-2005 08:01 PM

These Days, Wembley Stadium

McNabb_5 05-04-2005 10:27 PM

Dawk_20

I dont care what what JBJ looks like. I'd still rub his Yam Bags!

jade82 05-05-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ima_Cowboy
Quote:

Steve

Ha Ha :lol:
I would say that the pinicle of their fame was between 1986 and 1990- when their brand of music was everywhere. Since then i think they have become respected for sticking around but they are not the hottest thing around, and they are not absolutely everywhere you look.

Shaz 05-05-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2003
These Days, Wembley Stadium

Yeah...Have to agree with that...along with KTF in 1992.

S.

Dawn 05-05-2005 03:41 PM

What would you say was the pinnacle of BJ's fame?

When every car that went past you in the street had slippery blasting out of the radio or cassette deck.

I can understand the hair plug comment, why doesnt he stay true to himself is the point I think u r making rather than becoming false with hairplugs.

Why should we decide he is not true to himself because of who he chooses to be now, maybe he is comfortable with him , and its just some of us that are not.

Would I swap his clean cut look for long hair and spandex once more, hell of course, but at the end of the day maybe the spandex life would have ment we wouldnt have had as many records so perhaps the fake hair plugs is a blessing in disguise :?

Dawn

Javier 05-05-2005 04:05 PM

When they were interviewed by the Dog from conans show.
and when Richie married Heather.