Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Alter Bridge (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69585)

Avantasian 07-25-2016 04:31 PM

Alter Bridge

Check out Alter Bridge's new single here:

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/07/25/...ely-on-octane/

Monster sound again. What a great band.

Thierry 07-25-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1202891)
Check out Alter Bridge's new single here:

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/07/25/...ely-on-octane/

Monster sound again. What a great band.

That was fantastic. Wonder about the new album. Saw they are touring again at the end of the year. Might have to go to a concert or 2.

Walleris 07-26-2016 01:31 PM

Underwhelmed.

Decent song, Myles vocals are phenomenal as always, but it sounds too much like Fortress for my liking. I much prefer their earlier more melodic (and perhaps radio-friendly) stuff of their first two albums.

Fredrik 07-27-2016 02:38 PM

Awesome song!

liljovi93 09-19-2016 09:40 PM

Album has leaked. Just listening now.

Pretty good. 'My Champion' is the new single and probably my favourite so far. I really liked 'You Will Be Remembered' and 'Show Me A Leader' has grew on me a lot!! Myles' guitar playing on the intro is incredible.

These are such a good band. I do wish Myles had his old vocals, though. He still sounds immense but ever since he got with Slash, he has developed a squeaky voice throughout every song which he didn't really have in the early AB days.

I'll be seeing these again in Manchester this year. Can't wait. Always put on one hell of a show.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Walleris 09-20-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1207186)
Album has leaked. Just listening now.

Pretty good. 'My Champion' is the new single and probably my favourite so far. I really liked 'You Will Be Remembered' and 'Show Me A Leader' has grew on me a lot!! Myles' guitar playing on the intro is incredible.

These are such a good band. I do wish Myles had his old vocals, though. He still sounds immense but ever since he got with Slash, he has developed a squeaky voice throughout every song which he didn't really have in the early AB days.

I'll be seeing these again in Manchester this year. Can't wait. Always put on one hell of a show.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree about My Champion. Much better than Show Me A Leader.

Regarding Myles voice, I think that changing his singing technique was something that was told to him by vocal coach (I know he's a student of Ron Anderson, one of the best in the business). He's already 46 and still has insane range, so I'm sure that was a measure to maintain it for as long as possible.

I know it sounds a bit less powerful, but I wish Jon took this approach in the 90s rather than pushing it relentlessly and sounding the way he does in the 2010s :(

Thierry 09-20-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1207216)
I agree about My Champion. Much better than Show Me A Leader.

Regarding Myles voice, I think that changing his singing technique was something that was told to him by vocal coach (I know he's a student of Ron Anderson, one of the best in the business). He's already 46 and still has insane range, so I'm sure that was a measure to maintain it for as long as possible.

I know it sounds a bit less powerful, but I wish Jon took this approach in the 90s rather than pushing it relentlessly and sounding the way he does in the 2010s :(

I haven't heard anything other than Show Me A Leader yet. Didn't know more was released already.

Not agreeing the debate about Myles' voice, that dude has one of the best voices in history. Still going strong at 46.

liljovi93 09-21-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1207258)
I haven't heard anything other than Show Me A Leader yet. Didn't know more was released already.

Not agreeing the debate about Myles' voice, that dude has one of the best voices in history. Still going strong at 46.

No debate, mate. I still think it's fantastic. I just think it has changed over the past few years.

Still my favourite current vocalist.

Jeeper 09-27-2016 03:57 PM

New to this band but really like the songs I've heard. Cry of Achilles was immense!

liljovi93 09-30-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1207916)
New to this band but really like the songs I've heard. Cry of Achilles was immense!

That's a fantastic song. Absolutely love it.

I've still only gave the new album one listen as I've been busy. I liked what I heard but it always takes me a few listens to get into individual songs.

Going to try and give it another listen over the weekend and then put some songs on shuffle on my way to work.

From what I heard, I do still rate 'My Champion' as the best but that's probably because I'm so used to it.