Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   7800 Fahrenheit a great album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45138)

steel_horse75 05-23-2008 05:22 PM

7800 Fahrenheit a great album

How can you lot not rate this album?
I get the feeling most of you either liked Jovi from either “Prayer” upwards, 2001 upwards or you are just too young?
For those who remember this album coming out it ROCKS. It did then and it does now.
I was about 8 or 9 when the album came out and my cousin had it – he got me into metal/rock.
As soon as I heard it my ears pricked up and I was hooked on Rock music.
I find it funny now when I talk to people (who supposedly love Jovi) that they think SWW was the first album and Prayer was the first single.
Let me tell you why its one of their best.
Guitar – Some of Richie’s best riffs and solos are on this album.
Drums – some of Tico’s best beats
Lyrics – naïve, mature, gullible and superb all rolled into one.
Jons Voice – A true Rock voice. Was only ever really heard again on SWW, NJ & KTF
The best of the songs – The Price of Love, Only Lonely, Silent Night Tokyo Road, The Hardest part is the night, secret dreams, Always run to you -some of their finest work.

ok the production could have been better but then again so could have Motleys Shout...and Too fast for Love but they too are classics...you cant have everything....

Just because the band don’t like it don’t mean you should copy them – open your ears and listen to one of the best Bon Jovi albums………………….

Savvi 05-23-2008 05:30 PM

I actually dont mind this album, even though its in my bottom 3 Bon Jovi albums (These Days & Bounce).

I love the beginning of King Of The Mountain. Tokyo road isnt bad either.

My fav tracks from the album though would be Only Lonely, Hardest Part Is The Night and Always Run To You, closely followed by In And Out Of Love.

So yeah, not their best album, but I still enjoy it!

Goldsausage 05-23-2008 05:49 PM

****in' love it. In your face SWW.

Arash 05-23-2008 05:52 PM

It IS a great album. For me it's my 5th favorite bj album (higher than BJ, KTF, Crush, Bounce, and HAND)

DevilsSon 05-23-2008 06:05 PM

I love the album when I am in the mood to listen to it. It's loaded with amazing riffs, great solos and probably the best bon jovi bass work. Jon's vocals are mind-blowing too, however, the lyrics are a big downer. In and Out of Love is a classic though. I'd love to see it live.

Eastwick 05-23-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 828494)
I love the album when I am in the mood to listen to it.

The same goes for me. I have to be in a kind of "80s popmetal mood", it's not a record for everyday use. 7800 ain't bad at all, but I would never bought it if it wasn't a Bon Jovi record.
Always Run To You is a very good song!

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 05-23-2008 06:58 PM

hmmm prefer Bon Jovi to this one, but in and out of love, tokyo road and silent night are classics

Savvi 05-23-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleep-When-Im-Dead (Post 828518)
hmmm prefer Bon Jovi to this one, but in and out of love, tokyo road and silent night are classics

I agree! Bon Jovi is a great album. Runaway, Get Ready, Roulette, She Dont Know Me, Love Lies... some of my favs.

Dave 1986 05-23-2008 07:05 PM

I like it cause it's a dark moody hard rock album. Perhaps the 80's equivelant to These Days? Either way, it was IMO a perfect follow-up and compliment to the first album.

Ovbiously, production is naff, but like you say, so it alot of Crue's early albums, and it does kinda take away from the real merits it has, in that the sound quality may put alot of people off. But once you look past it, you can see what great songs can be heard here.

I loved In And Out Of Love and Tokyo Road as soon as I heard them, also the live version of I&OOL from One Wild Night. Would be great if they could at least pull this one out again live. Hardest Part Is The Night I wasn't amazingly fussed on untill a couple of years ago when I saw the live video from Breakout: Video Singles and now it's one of my favourite songs on the album.

I've never really played it often, I guess simple cause I don't think to dig it out. It's certainly one of those albums that needs a good few listens. Maybe watching the videos will help too. But this album should not be dismissed just because the band don't like it and that it's not exactly the most significant album on their career. Obviously, it's not for people who only ever play Slippery When Wet, or any other albums fueled with radio-friendly pop-rock hits. I guess it's only for die hard fans, but I'm glad it's there

Kathleen 05-23-2008 07:07 PM

I have always been a defender of this album. I became a fan with New Jersey but I then searched out all the back albums. The sound is pretty awful in comparison to later albums but since I have older stuff from other bands with the same problem that didn't bother me too much. If nothing else Jon's vocals are worth listening to. And Richie's guitar is superb - I wish I could hear more like that from him now that he is older.

I also don't mind the absolutely hopelessly depressing lyrics and vibe. All my music doesn't have to be relentlessly optimistic. Anyone who has even been dumped in a relationship should be able to relate to this album - and who among us hasn't been there at some point in their life?