Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   7800 Fahrenheit a great album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45138)

Mongoose 05-23-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Listen people can't you hear the
voices that are crying out.
There's a hunger burning in the heart of their souls.
Maybe now that I got you let me tell
you what I'm talking 'bout
Stand up and shout tonight we'll lose control
I been down and mistreated
Now we're standing undefeated.
I'm the King of the Mountain
I'm the King of the Hill
I'm the King of the Mountain
I'm the King of the Hill
:cool:

Need I say anymore?

Mongoose 05-23-2008 07:17 PM

Btw, I actually (rare for a Jovi album these days, no pun...) think its a really 'clever' name for an album

mrleaf 05-23-2008 07:23 PM

I think its a top class album even though as people said the production on it is terrible.But once your listening away after only lonely its pretty ok.

What i think the band should do(they never will though)is after this tour.Go back to the orig tapes and mix it down again.Give it away as a free download as a way of saying thank you-Do the same with Bon Jovi

Captain Walrus 05-23-2008 07:24 PM

It is a really good album, albeit a little uneven. There are (IMO) some great songs (Price Of Love, Only Lonely, Hardest Part Is The Night), some really good songs (In & Out Of Love, To The Fire, Silent Night), some pretty good songs (King Of The Mountain, Always Run To You, Tokyo Road), and one song that I don't like (Secret Dreams). None of the songs however are quite as awesome as Prayer or Wanted, and it hasn't got the feel of a band firing on all cylinders like the next two albums would, so it falls down slightly there.

I'm gonna sneakily take this oppurtunity to link to the extremely long review of it I did about a year ago, for anyone who might be interested: http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...ighlight=wired

KeepTheFaith2211 05-23-2008 07:57 PM

It is a good album, not a one I listen to too much though. My favourite songs off of it are Tokyo Road and In And Out Of Love without a doubt! :)

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-23-2008 08:07 PM

I hated it at first (though I was much more pop oriented when I first heard it) but it has grown on me. I love Only Lonely, The Hardest Part, In & Out of Love, The Price of Love, and Silent Night.

Still don't like King of the Mountain though.;)

slippery89 05-23-2008 08:15 PM

Love the album, in fact i love their first two albums just as much as their later ones. They're too underrated.

milomom 05-23-2008 08:25 PM

I thoroughly enjoy this album on a very basic level. I crank it up LOUD, roll down the windows and drive fast. :cool:

(Deep, huh?)

Kathleen 05-23-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 828552)
I thoroughly enjoy this album on a very basic level. I crank it up LOUD, roll down the windows and drive fast. :cool:

(Deep, huh?)

I do the same thing Terri - I love it when the weather gets warm and I can take the top off my jeep. I crank up the music and let it rip. I don't care if it's deep - it's one of my pleasures in life. Although my mother wants to know if I will ever grow up :D I think it's a little late to worry about it LOL

Now And Forever 05-23-2008 10:00 PM

I know that people dump on this album a lot... I just don't know why. Sure the production quality is poor, but if that is the main reason why critics, fans, not to mention the band themselves, aren't keen on it, that really isn't a legitamate one; because the album does contain some great songs, such as Tokyo Road, The Hardest Part Is The Night, The Price Of Love, Only Lonely, Silent Night, Always Run To You, etc. In terms of overall Bon Jovi album ratings, I regard it as comparably well with their debut (if not slightly better), far better than anything post Crossroad, and just a shade below the powerhouses that are Slippery When Wet, New Jersey and Keep The Faith. Does anyone concur with me on this analysis?