Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The worst album opener (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70765)

Alphavictim 10-05-2020 10:22 AM

Kinda tough to say. Limitless was a pretty terrible first single, since we've all hear it before, just much better. So that certainly clouded my judgement as well.

Not that I was much of a fan of Because We Can; but that one at least was somewhat new in terms of style, and I like the verses. Although that only made the chorus even more of a letdown.

Also, I don't like Lost Highway; style-wise plus the album was a huge letdown for me when it was released.

But yeah, these three are hardly my favorites. Judging from others' votes, there's quite the consensus as far as that goes.

Also, thinking about this... I'm wondering if there's other stuff on these albums that would've worked better as an opener. 2020 I could easily see opening with Beautiful Drug or Do What You Can; the other two albums I'm having a harder time picking something.

GabrielC 10-05-2020 07:59 PM

I couldn't decide between Because We Can and Limitless, so I voted both :D

† ÀžžÀ † 10-06-2020 11:07 AM

Limitless by some distance. Succeeded in lowering expectations for the album.

hackster73 10-11-2020 06:42 PM

I voted born to follow, not a fan of that song and should have opened with when we were beautiful, which bookends learn to love.

Also would have preferred that's what the water made me as the opener on what about now.

Captain_jovi 10-11-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1268801)

Also, thinking about this... I'm wondering if there's other stuff on these albums that would've worked better as an opener. 2020 I could easily see opening with Beautiful Drug or Do What You Can; the other two albums I'm having a harder time picking something.

I've stopped listening to 2020 with the new tracklisting. BD holds up a lot better as the opener.

bonjovi90 10-11-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269243)
I've stopped listening to 2020 with the new tracklisting. BD holds up a lot better as the opener.

Me too. The original tracklist manages to "lighten up" the theme-heavy tracks by placing Luv Can and Shine in there. The newer version is too depressing, both in terms of the quality of the most recent tracks and in terms of the pacing being worse.

Kathleen 10-11-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1269245)
Me too. The original tracklist manages to "lighten up" the theme-heavy tracks by placing Luv Can and Shine in there. The newer version is too depressing, both in terms of the quality of the most recent tracks and in terms of the pacing being worse.

Can you (or someone else) please list the original track listing that you are talking about. I'm not sure I ever saw it and I certainly wasn't paying attention at the time. Now that I am paying attention I would love to hear the difference.

Captain_jovi 10-11-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1269248)
Can you (or someone else) please list the original track listing that you are talking about. I'm not sure I ever saw it and I certainly wasn't paying attention at the time. Now that I am paying attention I would love to hear the difference.

1. Beautiful Drug
2. Unbroken
3. Limitless
4. Luv Can
5. Brothers In Arms
6. Story Of Love
7. Lower The Flag
8. Let It Rain
9. Shine
10. Blood In The Water

Enjoy!

Kathleen 10-11-2020 10:04 PM