Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Pearl Jam topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50023)

KeepTheFaith2211 01-14-2010 10:44 PM

The official Pearl Jam topic

Ran a search and saw a few odd topics, but really I think they deserve a fully dedicated thread?

Anyway, one of my favourite bands at the moment. Got 'Backspacer'(really enjoy this one) for Christmas and recently received 'Vs.'. I already had 'Ten' which is one of the most brilliant albums ever.

I know there are a few fans here, not sure how many though. :lol:

hometownboy 01-14-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 965692)
Ran a search and saw a few odd topics, but really I think they deserve a fully dedicated thread?

Anyway, one of my favourite bands at the moment. Got 'Backspacer'(really enjoy this one) for Christmas and recently received 'Vs.'. I already had 'Ten' which is one of the most brilliant albums ever.

I know there are a few fans here, not sure how many though. :lol:

I've got the three albums you mentioned and i really like them :)
Quality band, with a great sound.

KeepTheFaith2211 01-14-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 965694)
I've got the three albums you mentioned and i really like them :)
Quality band, with a great sound.

Agreed. It's strange as I'm not really a fan of the music that came out around this time or the bands who are supposed to be similar, but their sound and style is what hooked me. :)

Captain Walrus 01-15-2010 12:27 AM

Ten is my favourite album ever ... so much so that I got the £100 boxset of it released last year :D

Vs. is a close second in their albums for me. Check out the self titled from 2006 next, its better than Backspacer IMO.

Pearl Jam are my joint favourite band along with BJ. Seen them 3 times live, always an amazing gig, and I'm looking foward to seeing them again at Hyde Park this year, as long as I get a ticket!

Captain Walrus 01-15-2010 12:32 AM

Pearl Jam albums in order of greatness:

Ten
Vs.
Pearl Jam
Vitalogy
No Code
Yield
Backspacer and Binaural at about the same level
Riot Act (despite having some great songs like I Am Mine and Save You, it also has a lot of filler)

asok80 01-15-2010 02:12 PM

Eddie Vedder did a stunning performance of Bruce's My City in Ruins at the Kennedy Center Honors recently.

Love his voice.

DevilsSon 01-15-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 965712)
...and I'm looking foward to seeing them again at Hyde Park this year, as long as I get a ticket!

I'll be there too most probably. So make sure you don't end up in Brighton again!!!

Captain Walrus 01-15-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 965767)
I'll be there too most probably. So make sure you don't end up in Brighton again!!!

:p I was thinking about that the other day, and I came to the conclusion it was your fault, you were a bad influence on me I think. I forget, who's idea was the shot of gin in a pint of cider?

KeepTheFaith2211 01-15-2010 10:12 PM

I desperately want to go to Hyde Park to see the band but it's pretty much certain it won't happen, due to money and the date etc.

Oh well. :)

DevilsSon 01-18-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 965829)
:p I was thinking about that the other day, and I came to the conclusion it was your fault, you were a bad influence on me I think. I forget, who's idea was the shot of gin in a pint of cider?

I keep on being told I am a bad influence. Usually it's girlfriends of buddies. Your the first straight male to say that to me. RETHINK!!!

And it wasn't my fault! As far as I remember, it was a German pub waitress who suggested that to me at some point a few years ago. Never tried it ever since that night.

Can you believe it will be 3 years. ****in' hell...