Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Have a nice day - old version (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32533)

Stut 10-16-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Who are you to tell me where a flower grows?
Who are you to tell me that a child don't know?
It sounds like a flower but it doesn´t make any sense to me. And the next line doesn´t make any sense either so it might as well be flower. Fallow, foul, who knows. They probably realized that the lyrics sucked, hence the new version.

Captain Walrus 10-16-2005 04:16 PM

I have it now ... so I'm not saying PM me if you want it ... I send that thought telepathically

BOuNce_JOVI 10-16-2005 04:42 PM

would someone p.m. me "telepathically" please?!;Robert

Dave 1986 10-16-2005 05:00 PM

Same here please, that would be much apreciated.

Captain Walrus 10-16-2005 05:06 PM

*Sigh*, read between the lines:

So yeah, I quite like the old version, the acoustic part is good
(PM me your email if you want me to send it to you)
but some of the lyrics aren't really that great, esp. the second verse

Thomas Anderson 10-16-2005 05:13 PM

It does sound quite rough, and overall I think that the lyrics were improved by the final version, but I like the acoustic part after the solo, I think it sounds good and would have been nice to keep in.

Javier 10-16-2005 06:26 PM

I think it sounds more overproduced than the final version.
The way the backing vocals and the lead vocals are mixed together makes it sound like a technique that should be used on Britney's records or Hillary Duff's. The accoustic part is good but it doesn't flow right with the song, it just sounds like they're trying to recreate the Undivided ending part. The solo is wayy better now and I miss the last part to much "When the world keeps trying to drag me down..."
oohh and the lyrics are much better now, both on the second verse and on the chorus.

haveaniceday 10-16-2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
Wait wait. You haven't actually heard it in full? How can you think the new version is such a "Big mistake" when you haven't even heard the old?

No you wait....I've heard the old version in full which is why I can say what I said. However, I don't have the old version on my computer and I wanted to hear it again. Is that ok with you oh master of bon jovi cyberspace?

Alphavictim 10-16-2005 06:48 PM

The guitar sound, especially in the intro, has a great feeling to it. PROBABLY due to the quality, but still, it has a little buzz which sounds nice. The vocals also sound rawer, and the break before the second chorus works better. Also, I think the original chorus words work better with the melody (apart from the double oooh).
However, the solo is way too deep in the mix, and has the Everyday-ish "I'll just do lotsa bends, that'll sound rad!" to it. The break works for me, especially with the riff coming up again after it. Yet, the riff seems to be slightly different, a little more edgy, but I can't say I prefer one over the other. Still, repeating the "oooooh" twice in the chorus doesn't work as good as the "oooh" - "Iiiii" in the final version. Well, and the lyrics aren't that bad IMO - not when you think of how "great" the final version is as well. At least there's no "I'm gonna live my life" in them.

Javier 10-16-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Still, repeating the "oooooh" twice in the chorus doesn't work as good as the "oooh" - "Iiiii" in the final version. Well, and the lyrics aren't that bad IMO - not when you think of how "great" the final version is as well. At least there's no "I'm gonna live my life" in them.

It's not about repeating I'm gonna live my life or not, it's about having the lyrics make sense, and the chorus from the first version dont make any damn sense at all. neither does the second verse, when you start speaking about flowers growing and the very next line talks about what a child don't know, it's sounds a bit to rushed and forced rhyming. I think the lyrics from the first versiuon of the song were winged on the spot, thank god they changed them.