Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Have a nice day - old version (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32533)

Alphavictim 10-16-2005 06:03 PM

I don't know, I like the flower metaphor. I guess it's just like "who decides where it's beautiful to be" or something along these lines, just like "a kid don't know" is against people talking down from above. And I really don't think that I'm reading anything into it, since it goes along with stuff like "who are you to tell me if it's black or white" and stuff.

davefan 10-16-2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Can anybody PM me a link of where to get the old version in full? It'd be very appreciated.

me too please I had no idea there was an old version

groover22 10-16-2005 08:33 PM

I think I prefer the old version, overall. It's a bit more grittier, and slightly darker than the final version, does'nt sound as polished or sanitised. which can only be a good thing.

The chorus is a bit more "stop moaning and get on with it" which I prefer, compared to the final versions variation on the old "My life/gonna live it" etc etc

I think the solo in the final version is a bit too slick aswell, and a bit 'Livin' On a Prayer' like.

Also the acoustic section after the solo is a lot better than what we got, although not too sure about the vocal effect they used after it.

The one thing I do miss from the final version is the 'When the world keeps trying..' line.

Overall, for me, the old version wins.

Ah well, hope it turns up as a b-side soon.

jbjwolves 10-16-2005 08:43 PM

i dont want to keep moaning but is there any chance someone could pm the song cheers

Wild_x_Wind 10-16-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjwolves
i dont want to keep moaning but is there any chance someone could pm the song cheers

me too - it'd be much appreciated!!

TBoy 10-16-2005 09:22 PM

I dont believe that nobody wants to share the old version :-(((

Rob 10-16-2005 09:26 PM

I'd also be much appreciated if someone could PM me too! Not heard the old version.

Captain_jovi 10-16-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday
No you wait....I've heard the old version in full which is why I can say what I said. However, I don't have the old version on my computer and I wanted to hear it again. Is that ok with you oh master of bon jovi cyberspace?

I suppose this will do :) Kidding. Sorry man, I didn't know.

Rob 10-16-2005 10:00 PM

Head it now thanks to a certain someone. ;)

I have to say that it sounds a little raw. Obviously because it's a demo, so the sound quality is not great and gives the song a less polished feel. The solo is slightly different, dunno if I like it better or not. Not sure about the break down after the solo too. I'll give it a few more listens until I decide whether it's better or not.

Adrian 10-17-2005 03:53 AM

Heard part of the original on the AMAs, liked it a lot.

Don't often do stuff like this, but if someone could PM me *coughthefullversioncough* that'd be great.

Adrian