Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crush (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43645)

born_to_run 11-30-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 789463)
It's better than Lost Highway and TLFR... but that's it.

LH makes Crush sound like the invention of music!

danfan 11-30-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_to_run (Post 789483)
LH makes Crush sound like the invention of music!

Alright - That was mildly amusing.

danfan 11-30-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 789474)
Wah? You have no soul. It's the only song off the album that I still listen to.

The only thing I don't have, is a chance at staying awake if I listen to that song.

The biggest "mystery" is how the hell that song made any album.

Goldsausage 11-30-2007 11:25 PM

Don't question Jon! He knows what he's doing when he puts songs on these albums!

DevilsSon 12-01-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dqgirl (Post 789479)
I don't completely agree with these statements. You make it sound as though it was a process or group decision to look and sound different from how they looked and sounded in the 80's.

I think of it as more a natural progression. I know I'm not the same person that I was in the 80's. I wouldn't expect them to be, either. Would they still be where they are now if they looked and sounded like they did in the 80's? I really don't think they would be.

You must be kidding me! A natural progression? That's how you call work with Max Martin? This was an album DESIGNED from A to Z to attract new audience, mainly the teenier boppers who by 2000 were slowly approaching mid-puberty. Keep The Faith was a natural progression. These Days was a natural progression. Crush wasn't.

Anyhow, I think it's a fairly decent album. Not the best, by far not the worst and actually, in my opinion, their best post 2000 record. better than both HAND and Bounce not to mention LH.

The only song that stands out is Say It Isn't So, easily one of the best songs BJ have ever come up with. I would have preferred a rougher guitar solo but otherwise nice riff, good melody and excellent lyrics.

born_to_run 12-01-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 789524)
The only song that stands out is Say It Isn't So, easily one of the best songs BJ have ever come up with. I would have preferred a rougher guitar solo but otherwise nice riff, good melody and excellent lyrics.

I think Crush ain't bad but after "IML" I expected a bit more. Say it isnÄt so has a great riff but a more than horrible chorus!

Javier 12-01-2007 01:12 AM

it's a great album, but I could do without a few of the songs, like She's a mystery and I got the girl. Otherwise it's a great album.

Ferret 12-01-2007 11:13 AM

Crush is really cool. There are some songs on it I really like.

Next 100 Years
Captain Crash
Just Older
Say It Isn't So
Two Story Town

It's My Life seems like the greatest thing ever on the first few listens, and then you just get really bored with it. Gotta still love it though, as it's one of the songs that got me into Jovi (along with Hey God and the SWW album).

She's a Mystery is utter shite. The most boring song I have ever heard.
________
Kawasaki Kx100

Antman 12-01-2007 11:27 AM

Without Crush, I mightn't ever have heard Neurotica. That is one song I could never get sick and tired of listening to, unlike Mystery Train and She's a Mystery. zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

Gabriel Shoes 12-01-2007 02:29 PM

Jon realized that Bon Jovi fans disliked Crush record. Obviously, he wasn't talking about you guys.