Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crush (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43645)

dqgirl 12-02-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 789524)
You must be kidding me! A natural progression? That's how you call work with Max Martin? This was an album DESIGNED from A to Z to attract new audience, mainly the teenier boppers who by 2000 were slowly approaching mid-puberty. Keep The Faith was a natural progression. These Days was a natural progression. Crush wasn't.

Anyhow, I think it's a fairly decent album. Not the best, by far not the worst and actually, in my opinion, their best post 2000 record. better than both HAND and Bounce not to mention LH.

The only song that stands out is Say It Isn't So, easily one of the best songs BJ have ever come up with. I would have preferred a rougher guitar solo but otherwise nice riff, good melody and excellent lyrics.

So you really think they sat down and Jon said "Okay boys, our last two albums were great, but that audience has moved on. What can we write that will attract the teeny boppers?" Because that's a loyal fan base! I just don't agree that it was a discussed process and they wrote solely towards that decision.

I know that when Crush came out, I loved it (with the exception of Mystery - never liked that one!). Now, I can't remember the last time I listened to it - probably my least favourite album. Although I do really like the bonus tracks.

Crushgen24/88 12-02-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 789778)
or how Next 100 Years wants to be Dry County but falls short, etc.

I still don't get thats one.
The only thing that even remotley attempts to make it sound like DC is the way the solo is tacked to the ending.
If anyting, I've always gotten an "In These Arms"y vibe off of Next 100 Years.

DevilsSon 12-03-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dqgirl (Post 789831)
So you really think they sat down and Jon said "Okay boys, our last two albums were great, but that audience has moved on. What can we write that will attract the teeny boppers?" Because that's a loyal fan base! I just don't agree that it was a discussed process and they wrote solely towards that decision.

Absolutely! Why on Earth would they work with Max Martin otherwise? Cause they enjoyed his work with the Backstreet Boys?

Captain Walrus 12-03-2007 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 789882)
I still don't get thats one.
The only thing that even remotley attempts to make it sound like DC is the way the solo is tacked to the ending.

That's mainly my point, yah

Javier 12-03-2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 789902)
That's mainly my point, yah

Well, that ain't exactly a Dry County only rule.

TheseDays2005 12-03-2007 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 789463)
It's better than Lost Highway and TLFR... but that's it.

Amen :painting:

Captain_jovi 12-03-2007 04:36 AM

While I don't agree with Devil on all aspects of what he's said in this thread, I do agree that "Crush" from the get go was planned as an album to attract a younger audience. For as much as the band says "we didn't expect to attract a new generation of fans", Bull. I have my reasons for thinking it was always intended to do what it did.