Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Real Life? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54841)

Captain_jovi 02-01-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunk (Post 1103961)
Right, I also knew about these 4 versions but I recently came across this other one posted on you-tube that it's also different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4qC3vLudEs
Does anybody know if it's released anywhere? Or was it just a mix for the video-clip?

This is the first time I've heard this version. It's the same song, just the parts are all switched around...? Interesting find.

EDIT: Here's where I'm confused. He sings the last word differently making me think it's an alternate take so it might actually be official. Strange.

FLAME-XIII 02-01-2013 11:31 PM

the only one official release with hugh on a cd cover.

Bounce7800 02-01-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1103964)
This is the first time I've heard this version. It's the same song, just the parts are all switched around...? Interesting find.

EDIT: Here's where I'm confused. He sings the last word differently making me think it's an alternate take so it might actually be official. Strange.

I think thats just the version they used over the credits from what I vaguely remember from watching EDTv when it was last on the telly. Its just a hacked up version of the song, but with some different touches here and there.

Captain_jovi 02-02-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1103966)
I think thats just the version they used over the credits from what I vaguely remember from watching EDTv when it was last on the telly. Its just a hacked up version of the song, but with some different touches here and there.

Hah, I've never actually seen the movie. Good call! can anyone confirm?

Tom_K 02-02-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1103966)

The movie credits versions are always a bit different. It's the same with Blaze of Glory and Billy Get Your Guns versions on Young Guns II movie credits or more recently Old Habits Die Hard version played over the credits on Stand Up Guys.

In a recent interview Jon mentioned he recorded 4 versions of the song (movie version, soundtrack version, demo and one more with the band).

I really loved the movie version of Old Habits Die Hard. The version from the soundtrack preview available on Youtube is completely different. The live version sounded like an Irish song so I didn't pay much attention to it.

The movie credits version starts with the second verse and reminds me of the These Days era production - an acoustic guitar and almost raw vocals (without effects).

I can't say I've really loved anything Bon Jovi or Jon solo have done in the last years but I can't stop listening to Old Habits Die Hard because it's not overproduced and actually sounds like the band recorded it.

I've even ripped the audio from the movie with Audacity into .flac and it sounds great. Wish the new album was done in the same style but I doubt it.

Lunk 02-03-2013 04:10 PM

Ok, thanx everyone for clearing it up!
I haven't seen Ed TV either... But I saw Stand Up Guys last week and noticed the different version of OHDH at the end. It sounds better and the vocals are clearer IMO. I think also Running sounded different on the movie.

Dave 1986 05-13-2018 03:30 PM

Sorry if this had already been answered, but what version of the song is used for the music video? (found on the EDtv Region 1 DVD)

Captain_jovi 05-13-2018 04:56 PM

I THINK the pop remix.

Dave 1986 05-13-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1241423)
I THINK the pop remix.

Thanks, I just did a quick comparison and it sounds pretty much like the single/radio mix, which would also be the "pop" mix?

Captain_jovi 05-13-2018 05:26 PM

The only difference I hear between the two is the slight piano flourishes in the intro.