Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Iron Maiden album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=35958)

yomamasofat 10-06-2006 05:53 PM

And I thought my BJ concert in OKC was bad with 8 freaking HAND songs, Maiden is about to top that by playing the entire freaking new album (which isn't that great) for my show in Detroit. Sigh.

Memo to artists: if your album hasn't released a 'classic' status, do not play it in its entirety. Especially if you have > 5 albums.

Tough Talk 10-07-2006 05:28 AM

^ And I, on the other hand, would die to see this show live, especially with all those fresh new songs in the setlist!

Never mind that I only have two (count them) IM albums by now, Powerslave and the new one and that I have never seen the band live. Powerslave has great nostalgia value for me as I loved listening to it back in the 80s, and when I got it on CD about two years ago, I found that it still holds up remarkably well. I then got the new album, when people started raving about the progressiveness of it. "Should be right up my alley", I thought, and indeed it was, I can't stop listening to it! The textures are awesome and just to hear The Legacy live would be such a thrill.

I've meant to get some of the other classic albums from the 80s for a long time now but this new effort has finally made me resolute in getting them, lol.

AMOLAD has already gone platinum in Finland and for a good reason if you ask me :)

aggelos 10-07-2006 08:43 AM

That's the spirit :-) Up the Irons
________
drugtest

Peter Mc 10-08-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tough Talk

I've meant to get some of the other classic albums from the 80s for a long time now but this new effort has finally made me resolute in getting them, lol.
:)

I'd also consider Brave New World, one of the more recent albums, it has some excellent stuff on there. Having said that Piece Of Mind is a must as is Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and Number Of The Beast. I'd avoid No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark though, I can see why Bruce left after those two albums, he sounds pretty tired on them and songs in the main are quite weak. I'd also consider Chemical Wedding which is a brilliant Dickinson solo album featuring Adrian Smith on guitar. It was his last album before they both re-joined Maiden and you can see why they wanted them back after this classic metal album.

biotlobj 10-09-2006 09:12 PM

ion maiden suck and bj rule!

Thierry 10-10-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biotlobj

Your mom sucks and Pamela Anderson rules.

Peter Mc 10-15-2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biotlobj

Once again you bring the awesome weight of your intelligence to the debate. Iron has an 'r' in it by the way.

Iron Maiden rule and bj's rule especially off Pamela Anderson.

Tough Talk 10-20-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc
I'd also consider Brave New World, one of the more recent albums, it has some excellent stuff on there. Having said that Piece Of Mind is a must as is Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and Number Of The Beast. I'd avoid No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark though, I can see why Bruce left after those two albums, he sounds pretty tired on them and songs in the main are quite weak. I'd also consider Chemical Wedding which is a brilliant Dickinson solo album featuring Adrian Smith on guitar. It was his last album before they both re-joined Maiden and you can see why they wanted them back after this classic metal album.

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, I will surely get the albums you mentioned first up there, especially SSOASS, plus a whole lot from Bruce himself as I just can't get enough of his voice these days...and yes, Chemical Wedding is high on my wishlist due to the rave reviews I've heard about it :) Oh, and I did expand my Maiden collection with Somewhere in Time yesterday -not as strong a record as I had hoped, but still very listenable indeed. I certainly think AMOLAD is a much stronger album, though ;)

I'm a happy bunny now because I am going to see them in concert next month after all, managed to still get a ticket for one of the three practically sold-out concerts held in Maiden-crazy Finland, lol. I'll be there rocking with 12 000+ other people so it should be a great experience!