Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Muse Live??? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36364)

Neurotica80 07-18-2006 02:33 PM

Muse Live???

I can go see them later this year what are they like live??? Im a very casual fan only really heard their big hits but tix are fairly cheap so I might give them a go.

Captain Walrus 07-18-2006 02:50 PM

Worth going too at least once, definetly

Try not to be too close, otherwise you won't be able to take in all the lights and everything

Jim Bon Jovi 07-18-2006 02:53 PM

an absolute monster of a live band.

me and my mates pretty much hated them until we seen them live just before they released origin and now we all love them.

ive got offered a ticket to see them too and the only thing stopping me is it's probably not in my best interests to be at a gig like muse if i'm way down the front until i'm totally recovered from my surgery.

hmmm decisions.

Yvonne 07-18-2006 09:59 PM

muse rock love muse may go and watch them myself just gotta get a ticket and if you ever saw them at glastonbury on tv theyre fantastic!

BeExcellent 07-19-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
an absolute monster of a live band.

Yep. Absolutely, ****ing huge live.

Even as a support act to Skunk Anansie and 3 Colours Red about 10 years ago they stole the show. Their Reading show (02/03?) in the torrential rain was absolutely spectacular and confirmed them as a stadium act. I honestly won't be surprised if they are the first band to headline Wembley Stadium!!

With so much good material now, you absolutely guaranteed a first class night, Matt Bellamy is pure showman and the band is louder than thunder (and also way louder than Thunder, the band).

Even if you are on the fence about their CDs (which have definitely let them down in the past), don't miss the chance!

BeExcellent 07-19-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
but tix are fairly cheap so I might give them a go.

It is sad that £27.50 is now regarded as cheap for a gig!

Neurotica80 07-19-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent
It is sad that £27.50 is now regarded as cheap for a gig!

I know madness isnt it??? Its funny how bands like Def Leppard and G N R charge £40 for a ticket when they havnt had a hit in years, yet popular bands like muse can keep their prices "down".

Neurotica80 07-19-2006 10:14 PM

Oh and cheers for the comments people I think iv made my mind up :)

Living_on_my_Hair 07-20-2006 11:39 AM

looking good for Muse Stateside anyway - they have debuted at number Number Nine on the chart with 'Black Holes & Revelations'. Their previous album, 2003's 'Absolution' only reached Number 107 (!) reports Billboard.

Apparently somewhere between 2003 and now theyv got pretty huge in the US!

andi

Jim Bon Jovi 07-21-2006 09:54 PM

apparently they're doing arena shows later on in the year for everyone who's missed them this time.

Neurotica80 07-21-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
apparently they're doing arena shows later on in the year for everyone who's missed them this time.

They are indeed. I have tickets to see them at MEN Manchester

~saz~ 07-25-2006 08:55 PM

Yeah they're doing a show in Aberdeen...might end up going

ezearis 06-30-2013 10:22 PM

How are they live? I really don't know if go to to Aerosmith and Muse in GA or only Aerosmith in the VIP sector, where I'd be really close to the band. I've been in the Aerosmith VIP back in 2011, so I could live with being a little further this time. I just wanted to know if I'm doing the right choice as I've never seen Muse live.

About Aerosmith = Long time fan, I listen to them since my childhood.
About Muse = I only like The 2nd Law and some songs like Resistance or Stockholm Syndrome, but they're playing a lot of The 2nd Law so I feel like I can't lose this one.

ticos_stick 06-30-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1143563)
I only like The 2nd Law and some songs like Resistance or Stockholm Syndrome, but they're playing a lot of The 2nd Law so I feel like I can't lose this one.

Really? Muse have been a pretty horrible album band after Black Holes And Revelations. They lost their edge. I saw them live in 2005 and they blew my face of sonically, it was a festival so there was no real stage show. Now it's all about theatrics and over blown songs with twelve minute piano interludes.

WildBilly 06-30-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1143563)
How are they live?

Incredible! I first saw them headlining Leeds Festival in (I think) 2006, in the pouring rain, and before that performance I hadn't given them any time at all. But they were fab! I've seen them 2 or 3 times since.

I've been up close in the crowd and right to the back and had different experiences. They use a lot of theatrics, pyro, lasers, screens, robots which is great to appreciate from further back - I'd recommend this to someone who isn't a huge fan. You get to see it all!

I've not seen them supporting this new album due to a lack of finances so I can't comment on their newest show.

ezearis 06-30-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBilly (Post 1143583)
Incredible! I first saw them headlining Leeds Festival in (I think) 2006, in the pouring rain, and before that performance I hadn't given them any time at all. But they were fab! I've seen them 2 or 3 times since.

I've been up close in the crowd and right to the back and had different experiences. They use a lot of theatrics, pyro, lasers, screens, robots which is great to appreciate from further back - I'd recommend this to someone who isn't a huge fan. You get to see it all!

I've not seen them supporting this new album due to a lack of finances so I can't comment on their newest show.

Thanks for the information. They headline a festival that starts like 4:00 and they're going to play AT LEAST at 10:00, so or I'm going to have to eat well or I'm going to be further back anyway hahaha, I don't know if they're able to bring robots and lasers as it's a festival, I'll just hope they do as the prices are more expensive that the ones of Bon Jovi + Nickelback!

ezearis 06-30-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1143580)
Really? Muse have been a pretty horrible album band after Black Holes And Revelations. They lost their edge. I saw them live in 2005 and they blew my face of sonically, it was a festival so there was no real stage show. Now it's all about theatrics and over blown songs with twelve minute piano interludes.

Thanks for this too, that means that I'm not getting theatrics or stage. So I'll just have to hope they're good.

I never liked them, not my cup of coffee, but The 2nd Law was an interesting album as it was a pretty solid one with influences of a lot of genres: songs like Panic Station, Follow Me or Explorers made me start listening to them.

samboraisgodUK 07-01-2013 12:11 AM

I saw them at Leeds Fest the year they won a number of "best live act in the world" type accolades. I was very disappointed - they were just alright.

Bounce7800 07-01-2013 02:58 PM

Been to see them a few times over the years- one of my mates takes me to see them as they are his favourite band, and in return he comes along to some Jovi gigs.

They put on a great show, although I do think the stage show is slightly overpowering the music these days. They don't seem to change up much between shows, although do more so between tours and could do with a bit more crowd interaction at their big stadium shows. They always make sure to have a great support line up at their gigs too.
It was great to see the contrast between the Emirates show I did last month and then going to see them play at Horse Guards Parade a week later. But they sound great live, and I really liked The 2nd Law. Panic Station is a tune and Unsustainable sounds amazing loud. Plus they have some incredible live tunes- it's hard to beat being in the crowd for Knights Of Cydonia, Plug In Baby or Time Is Running Out. I would definitely recommend seeing them and they have sneaked up to be my 2nd favourite band at the moment.

ezearis 07-01-2013 11:31 PM

Well, I just bought my ticket. Now I just gotta wait 3 months.

WildBilly 07-02-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1143865)
Well, I just bought my ticket. Now I just gotta wait 3 months.

Plenty of time to get into their back catalogue Absolution, Origin of the Symmetry and Black Holes and Revelations are musts.

Absolution hosts some absolutely stonking tunes. Stockholm Syndrome is my favourite Muse track!

ezearis 07-02-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBilly (Post 1143875)
Plenty of time to get into their back catalogue Absolution, Origin of the Symmetry and Black Holes and Revelations are musts.

Absolution hosts some absolutely stonking tunes. Stockholm Syndrome is my favourite Muse track!

Lately I've done a Spotify Playlist with the songs they're playing according to Setlist.fm and I'm digging that. And gotta agree with you, Stockholm Syndrome is great.

After I'm familiar with those 21 tracks, I'll start playing the whole albums.

ezearis 10-18-2015 08:34 AM

I was supposed to see them back in 2013 but couldn't make it (spend money on the ticket and all for nothing). Still, they came back this year and I just came from their concert. Leaving the venue thing behind, that it was shitty as it could be, the band nailed it and sounded amazing, I really enjoyed the show and would totally see them again.

I was disappointed to see that the only song from The 2nd Law that make it to this tour/show was Madness, I totally loved Panic Station, Follow Me, among others and would have loved to hear them live.

Edit: should note that we didn't get any theatrics or stages. Was just a scenario in the middle of nowhere.

mo_rizwan 10-19-2015 01:44 AM

If anyone has any spare tickets for The O2 shows, please let me know, Thanks :)

Bleeding Purist 10-19-2015 05:24 AM

Got my ticket for the floor at Los Angeles a few weeks ago. Hoping they really change up the setlist for the new official Drones tour show to include the bulk of the new album as they did for the last two albums.

I want to see all of the songs played thus far return to the set permanently along with Aftermath and the Globalist finally getting their due.