Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   THINFSale - Charts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69610)

golittleperson 08-16-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1204851)
Why's that a joke?

To be honest, I think the days of the band having big single hits are gone. The singles/download charts are full of acts of a younger generation. Fans of bands like Jovi buy albums, which will still chart high regardless of how the single does....

I think you hit the nail on the head. I did buy this download - just to give it a count but I don't normally. I wait for the Cd or an album. I like to touch it, read the liner notes and have the entire playlist. ( I do like to get a hold of copies with the bonus tracks) I've not heard this on radio, but I normally after am weather and news put a Cd in the player. I'm probably very average in how I buy and play music for my age - I'm the same generation as Jon, it's the way it was. The younger generation and people who market to them see different behaviors - my son doesn't buy albums, only downloads.

The video of Jon in the shower, last I saw had over 2 Million views not counting shares - they still have some power.

Manbou 08-16-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1204864)
I think you hit the nail on the head. I did buy this download - just to give it a count but I don't normally. I wait for the Cd or an album. I like to touch it, read the liner notes and have the entire playlist. ( I do like to get a hold of copies with the bonus tracks) I've not heard this on radio, but I normally after am weather and news put a Cd in the player. I'm probably very average in how I buy and play music for my age - I'm the same generation as Jon, it's the way it was. The younger generation and people who market to them see different behaviors - my son doesn't buy albums, only downloads.

The video of Jon in the shower, last I saw had over 2 Million views not counting shares - they still have some power.

Then I must be an exemption for my generation, 'cause I'm also an album/CD buyer and don't buy downloads at all. Maybe there's a connection or something between musical tastes and buying behavior, as those of my friends who listen to "real" music opposed to modern pop/dance/something are way more into CDs and Vinyls compared to the others. Which doesn't change your point at all, however.

But as someone already mentioned, Bon Jovi has been an album band for some years now, and I have rather high hopes for the album THINFS, which I still believe will have some great tracks in it.

Old Joysey 08-16-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1204864)

It doesn't mean 2 Million viewers. Multiple views from the same viewers + robots can do the trick.
And the fact that the shower video gets a lot more views than the song (ie twice as much so far) says it all.

golittleperson 08-16-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1204867)
Then I must be an exemption for my generation, 'cause I'm also an album/CD buyer and don't buy downloads at all. Maybe there's a connection or something between musical tastes and buying behavior, as those of my friends who listen to "real" music opposed to modern pop/dance/something are way more into CDs and Vinyls compared to the others. Which doesn't change your point at all, however.

Valid point - it could be taste as well. My personal experience is age. Took my son to see, kicking and screaming, Fleetwood Mac last year. As soon as we were back in the car - he was "downloading" their music. Nice to see young people who know "real" music !

Grantos1 08-17-2016 04:06 PM

No. 75 in the UK mid week chart

Bounce7800 08-18-2016 11:24 PM

To make it all the more frustrating, the greatest hits album is at #30 in the midweek album chart while the new single is on course to miss the chart altogether

steel_horse75 08-18-2016 11:41 PM

THINFSale - Charts

Most Jovi fans are older and won't buy singles now they are downloads. BSides were mostly great with Jovi so a download is pretty rubbish nowadays. Most will buy the album.

Bounce7800 08-19-2016 10:58 AM

No doubt the album will go in at No.2 for about the 27th time in a row, just a pity that people are buying Bon Jovi this week, just not the 99p new single.

Although they were always a front loaded fanbase sale anyway with all the 2 x CD and cassette singles, Always and a few others excepted, they would mostly peak and disappear fairly quickly.

Shame that last week you only needed 15k to be at #40 and Jovi will sell enough tickets and albums well in excess of that, but will only sell a few thousand 99p singles. But the most damning statistic is:

Streams accounted for 8,145,170 sales, 83.08% of the total

Which coupled with the loss of CD singles rules out any hope of Jovi troubling the singles charts ever again.

liljovi93 08-19-2016 09:13 PM

Charted at number 35 in UK charts. 40 places up from midweek.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thinny 08-20-2016 02:53 PM

Where did you get that number from? It's not even in the top 100 at the below link and I find it hard to believe that would improve on the midweek as most fans would have brought it the first day!

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1205138)
Charted at number 35 in UK charts. 40 places up from midweek.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk