Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Queen :: Greatest Video Hits II DVD :: (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=18638)

TT-Nick 11-01-2003 09:15 PM

Queen :: Greatest Video Hits II DVD ::

RELEASED NOVEMBER 3RD IN EUROPE, NOVEMBER 11TH IN AMERICA

Front Cover

http://www.brianmay.com/queen/queenn...ix/gvh2cvr.jpg

UK Limited Edition Slipcase

http://www.brianmay.com/queen/queenn...x/gvh2slip.jpg

Tracklisting

Disc One: The Videos

A Kind Of Magic

I Want It All

Radio Ga Ga

I Want To Break Free

Breakthru

Under Pressure

Scandal

Who Want To Live Forever

The Miracle

It's A Hard Life

The Invisible Man

Las Palabras De Amor

Friends Will Be Friends

Body Language

Hammer To Fall

Princes Of The Universe

One Vision

Special Features

Audio Commentary By Roger Taylor And Brian May

All Videos Re-Mastered By Director David Mallet

Widescreen 1.85:1 Anamorphic

Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS

Disc Two: The 80s Albums

Hot Space

Interview Section: The Band Members And David Bowie Discuss Their Chart Topping Collaboration 'Under Pressure'

Bonus Videos: 'Calling All Girls' And 'Back Chat'

Live Performances: Queen At Liton Keynes From Their 1982 Hot Space Tour Performing 'Staying Power'

The Works

Monteux Rock & Pop Festival: Queen's Appearance In 1984 Performing 'Radio Ga Ga', 'Tear It Up', 'It's A Hard Life' And 'I Want To Break Free'

Interview Section: Featuring Comments From All Four Band Members Discussing Their 'The Works' Album

Freddie Mercury Interview: An Uncut Interview Filmed In Munich Where Freddie Discusses Queen In The Mid-Eighties

A Kind Of Magic

Montreaux Rock & Pop Festival: Queen Appearing At 1986 Festival Performing 'One Vision', 'A Kind Of Magic', 'Friends Will Be Friends' And 'Hammer To Fall'

Interview Section: A Comprehensive Look At Queen In 1986

Making One Vision: An Extensive Look At Queen Working In The Studio As They Collectively Write The Hit Song 'One Vision'

Bonus Video: 'Extended Vision' Longer Version Of 'One Vision'

The Miracle

Interview Section: Roger, Brian And John Describe How Their New Album Came About

Making Breakthru: Director Gavin Taylor's Behind The Scenes Documentary During The Filming Of The Video

The Miracle Videos: Compiled By Rudi Dolezal A Look At The Making Of The Videos of 'I Want It All', 'Breakthru', 'Scandal' And 'The Miracle'

The Miracle Cover: A Short Documentary About The Creation Of The Unique Album Cover

JOEYKID 11-01-2003 10:10 PM

yeah yeah yeah, saw it in P&P when i got TLFR and was tempted to get it there and then but thought better of it, i got the best of bowie dvd instead :roll:

JOEYKID 11-01-2003 10:12 PM

come on niel, why havnt you seen this post yet ya sod!

Thomas Anderson 11-01-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID

You've been talking to me on MSN for the past few hours...you could have just told me you prat.

Anyway, why does it matter if I saw it? You just waiting for me to make a reference to Dolby Digital 5.1? lol

I meant to buy the first one, but it only has DTS 5.1 I think, not DD 5.1, as DTS is no use to me...and I'm not going to buy it for just the stereo track.

I don't know for sure about this new one, but it seems very unlikely that they'd include a DTS and a DD track (aswell as the obligatory LPCM track).

JOEYKID 11-01-2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
Quote:

You've been talking to me on MSN for the past few hours...you could have just told me you prat.

Anyway, why does it matter if I saw it? You just waiting for me to make a reference to Dolby Digital 5.1? lol

I meant to buy the first one, but it only has DTS 5.1 I think, not DD 5.1, as DTS is no use to me...and I'm not going to buy it for just the stereo track.

I don't know for sure about this new one, but it seems very unlikely that they'd include a DTS and a DD track (aswell as the obligatory LPCM track).

i just meant cos you like queen dude, i didnt mean for all the skndlkgnelkgn . 12263r7623 sound shit LOL

Thomas Anderson 11-01-2003 10:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i just meant cos you like queen dude, i didnt mean for all the skndlkgnelkgn . 12263r7623 sound **** LOL

Sorry dude, but like I said, you could have told me on msn, lol.

Tashjbj 11-01-2003 11:19 PM

Looks good. It's good to see that they are finally releasing a lot of videos that haven't been released before. I'll add it to my Christmas list!

Tash

JOEYKID 11-01-2003 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj
Looks good. It's good to see that they are finally releasing a lot of videos that haven't been released before. I'll add it to my Christmas list!

Tash

i should start to make a christmas list, ill just write "buy what you see fit" ontop, i bet ill get nowt lmao

TT-Nick 11-02-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

No DD track.

TT-Nick 11-04-2003 06:19 PM

Got mine through the post at last- dispatched last week....f***ing postal strike- and it is FANTASTIC.

The Commentary by Brian and Rog is hillarious (better than it is on GVH1),: Roger moans at everything.

Disc 2 has some great bonus features: the footage from the Montreux Music Festival is not the best as Queen had to mime, but glad to have it in good quality at last (got it on video from the years it came from but the quality is bad as the tape it is on [Queen Footage from '79 to '85] has been used quite a lot).

The best thing is, unsurprisingly, the 5.1 Mixes. "Princes of the Universe" (one of my favourite Queen tracks, why on earth it was not released in the UK but was in the US I'll never know) and "The Invisible Man" (not my favourite Queen song) sound amazing.

What a DVD- can't wait for the next one, which should be a live release. Milton Keynes 1982 gets my vote- whole show available to Queen Productions for a possible release.