Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 04:46 PM

Wait! Seems the album going to be called THE HAMPTON ALBUM

JackieBlue 05-13-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1252821)
Wait! Seems the album going to be called THE HAMPTON ALBUM

I like "Sexy Bitch" better. I think they ought to stick with that. :D

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1252822)
I like "Sexy Bitch" better.

I like "SEXY BITCH" for a title too!!
LIKE.

“AGGRESSIVE” is not bad either... lol
https://twitter.com/TheRealPhilX/sta...76548554792961

Jeeper 05-14-2019 01:57 PM

Listened to THINFS album in it’s entirety yesterday......still really like some songs.

Incidentally, is Knockout the worst song in their entire catalogue? Hate it so much.

One thing that really stood out on several songs was the lazy guitar work. GBTM in particular was so annoying with that shitty repetitive lick. ****ing lazy beyond belief.

Never known a band with essentially two lead guitarists play so little actual guitar on albums.

I find it quite odd considering Shanks is a decent guitarist himself that the guitar work is so minimal and basic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Walrus 05-14-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1252850)
Listened to THINFS album in it’s entirety yesterday......still really like some songs.

Incidentally, is Knockout the worst song in their entire catalogue? Hate it so much.

One thing that really stood out on several songs was the lazy guitar work. GBTM in particular was so annoying with that shitty repetitive lick. ****ing lazy beyond belief.

Never known a band with essentially two lead guitarists play so little actual guitar on albums.

I find it quite odd considering Shanks is a decent guitarist himself that the guitar work is so minimal and basic.

Am I the only one who likes Knockout? Certainly not the greatest song ever, but enjoyable enough

candidomtz 05-14-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1252864)
Am I the only one who likes Knockout? Certainly not the greatest song ever, but enjoyable enough

I really enjoy it!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

liljovi93 05-14-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

I've never been a fan of it.

I remember hearing it for the first time and being so disappointed. I love boxing so the title really struck me [emoji23]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nige 05-15-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Genuinely one of my least favourite Jovi tracks of all time, I almost always skip it on the album. As well as Born Again Tomorrow. A bad double whammy for me.

steel_horse75 05-15-2019 09:47 AM

The 2019 Unnamed Album

Can’t listen to THINFS due to its utter shitness.
Agree with the 2 guitarists comments - ones a Heavy metal guitarist yet it’s the same flimsy piss poor riff all the time. Ironically my fav 3 (and the only 3 I’ll consider listening to) GBTM, LWTG and DITT had the potential to be phenomenal monster songs but are let down by a serious guitar solo and riff.
DITT needs a epic solo and play out but doesn’t get one. LWTG has that exact whiny dull play out that saw Water Made Me on WAN become a wasted opportunity to have a great play out and GBTM end up being Jovi by numbers.

The way JBJ went on about that album I couldn’t wait to hear it but it was so bad it made WAN look like a masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzsta 05-15-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1252850)

Knockout is bad, but there are worst. Come up to our House is more boring for example..
I very much agree with all the rest. It is super strange and super stupid to have such lazy guitar work.