Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

YOVANAfromPeru 08-05-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAME-XIII (Post 1258103)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1258105)
I haven't watched the video

Lol... Are you serious?

A couple months ago the promoter of the Peru concert said in an interview that without sponsors our concert would be impossible, that the first time (2010) we could expect a full house but this time (second) we can only expect half house. With sales of tickets only would be impossible. But however, Bon Jovi is selling well... and that JBJ makes a long concert, has good sound and good production and that justifies his price (which is the same regardless it’s his first time or second time in our country). He also talked about the radios that don’t make any promotion ‘cause nobody listen these kind rock bands anymore, I don’t listen radio years ago and from what I heard there’s only one radio that put Bon Jovi and they’re actually sponsoring, the thing is that most peruvians probably only knows very well Bad Name, Always, Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado and It’s My Life. So when they listen this kind of songs like Lost Highway and Whole Lot Of Leavin’ they are basically in shock, specially when they sells Bon Jovi like a “rock band” and now with the Rock Hall of Fame and all that stuff.
I noticed that the recent European setlists were somewhat better in my opinion ‘cause there weren’t too often to none Who Says You Can’t Go Home, We Got Going On, Because We Can, I Love This Town and even sometimes Whole Lot Of Leavin’, and there were more often These Days, I’ll Be There For You, In These Arms, Have A Nice Day, I’d Die For You; so if JBJ decides delete forever from the setlist that horrible combo Lost Highway/ Whole Lot Of Leavin’ and replace with any songs (let’s say Bounce/The Circle/Burning Bridges songs or any rarity) it would be one of his best decisions ever!
And I know we talked about this a million times, but I just hate those songs... lol.

BJFan99 08-06-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

From 3:09 on, the performance is awesome. Great energy and a bit of old school rasp on Jon's voice :)

james_d 08-06-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1258113)
From 3:09 on, the performance is awesome. Great energy and a bit of old school rasp on Jon's voice :)

100% agree, most enjoyable LH for a long time

Supersonic 08-06-2019 01:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1258113)

I've no idea what you're talking about. From the moment he kneels down he's a second behind the beat with the entire band slowing down just so he can keep up. You can even see Tico changing the tempo on high-hat. Once the chorus backs in the entire band is singing the chorus while he's just moaning on top of it. If anything Jon sucks the energy right out of the song.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

liljovi93 08-06-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258116)
Aloha !

I've no idea what you're talking about. From the moment he kneels down he's a second behind the beat with the entire band slowing down just so he can keep up. You can even see Tico changing the tempo on high-hat. Once the chorus backs in the entire band is singing the chorus while he's just moaning on top of it. If anything Jon sucks the energy right out of the song.

Salaam Aleikum,

Sebastiaan

I'm with you on this one.

From being out of time as usual to looking awkward as **** to getting back up and looking like an even older man, it done nothing for me. Not quite sure where this rasp is meant to be either.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 08-06-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1258122)
I'm with you on this one.

From being out of time as usual to looking awkward as **** to getting back up and looking like an even older man, it done nothing for me. Not quite sure where this rasp is meant to be either.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree, that's rather his voice clipping. Lost Highway was one of the biggest disappointments in Munich. He was so slow and out of time in verses that the band had to work miracles not completely lose touch with his singing.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Nige 08-06-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Is Jon's acoustic even turned on? Can't hear it

Captain_jovi 08-06-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1258129)
Is Jon's acoustic even turned on? Can't hear it

Strangest thing, you can't hear it at all until the first chorus.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-07-2019 08:03 PM

No youtube?
Tour Diary #10 - Vienna & Klagenfurt
https://twitter.com/BonJovi/status/1159134577589252096

If it's all about Rollercoaster and Captain Crash. Then it's sad.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-07-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258148)
No youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PzI...=youtu.be&t=37