Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Heavy Metal fans (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23452)

Calyx 03-02-2004 10:13 AM

Heavy Metal fans

Is it just me or do most heavy metal fans only listen to heavy metal. If thats all they like then I guess its up to them but most of them dismiss bands like BJ or anything slightly pop oriented for the sake that it has keyboards or not enough guitar in it etc.
For example, most heavy metal fans seem to think the only good G'N'R' album was Appetite for Destruction. It's like if its not heavy, fast and non stop guitars then it completely sucks or simply 'pop crap'. I like some heavy metal bands like Maiden, Metalica but I don't feel like hearing it ALL the time. I need to listen to something more musical and something that sounds a bit different for a change. Most metal bands sound very simular to one another and I can't see how these people can like only that and be closed minded towards other bands who arn't afraid to try something new.

I just felt like having a rant about this cause I know people who listen to metal music constantly and critisize most of the bands I like cause they ain't heavy enough.

StoneDeaf 03-02-2004 12:47 PM

I like mostly metal, but that's surely not everything i like. I'm also into stuff like 50's rock 'n' roll, some jazz, pop.....well to make it simple, almost everything. I don't consider good music being some type of music, I more like look at it like in every genre there can be something great.
Hell, I even like some Jovi

DevilsSon 03-02-2004 02:01 PM

I am a huge METAL fan but i used to include BJ in that category and a lot of people did til 2000 when everything JUST changed, from one day to the other.

|| Panama || 03-02-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
I am a huge METAL fan but i used to include BJ in that category and a lot of people did til 2000 when everything JUST changed, from one day to the other.

did people used to call bon jovi metal?! what album would you class as metal? :?

RyanBounce04 03-02-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by || Panama ||
Quote:

did people used to call bon jovi metal?! what album would you class as metal? :?

Oh they WERE metal... Hair Metal...

Ryan

JOEYKID 03-02-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BJ used to be classed as a hair metal band, a metal band, everything they released up untill 2000 was considerd metal. if you go the vinyl shops in london the tape exchagne and 2nd hand vinyl shops bon jovi always have been and stiill are listed in the metal section along with def leppard, aerosmith. all the 'hair' bands really crue, skid row all of em

|| Panama || 03-02-2004 04:47 PM

cheers.

wouldnt consider them metal but hey, what do i know

JOEYKID 03-02-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

cheers.

wouldnt consider them metal but hey, what do i know

you know as much as me, i wouldnt consider them metal either, i just go on what it says on paper...

|| Panama || 03-02-2004 05:00 PM

they've never been in any metal section where i live

JOEYKID 03-02-2004 05:50 PM

yeah but i really doubt there is a half good record shop up there lol :P