Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Green Day album(s?) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53921)

Panda 09-26-2012 05:24 PM

I get Green Day is all about not caring and whatnot...

But I really don't like this album much. I feel like the use of the F word is kinda overdone. I get it - but to have it at least 3 or 4 times every song gets really old, really fast.

I'll say it now. I like when they were all political and trying to portray a message to everyone, even if it was F*ck you George Bush or whatever.

I do like how Jason White seams to be an official member of the band, though.

Carpe Diem sounds like a huge ripoff of Before The Lobotomy.

Walkerboy 09-26-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1090628)

Carpe Diem sounds like a huge ripoff of Before The Lobotomy.

EXACTLY my thought.......

steel_horse75 09-28-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1090628)
I feel like the use of the F word is kinda overdone. I get it - but to have it at least 3 or 4 times every song gets really old, really fast.

I agree.

They said theyve gone back to their old sound but all theyve done is gone back to being what they were with the Warning album - average.

The 2nd album out of the 3 is meant to be the best.

Thunderstrucker 10-01-2012 03:43 PM

The album is easy to listen to but nothing spectacular.
I was taking a look at the Uno deluxe edition that comes with 3CD-slipcases to complete the collection. So they will look like a 3CD-boxset which looks pretty neat. Though I am wondering why they don't include a seperate slipcase for Uno as the boxset looks unfinished now:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Mus...+CD-351388.jsp

Would look better if there was a cardboard filler for Uno as well.

I salute you,
TS

Panda 10-05-2012 07:43 AM

Green Day will be on the new Twilight soundtrack.

First Muse, now this.

Faith in Green Day = even more lowered.

Also, the new album isn't holding up for me at all. This is an album I'd expect from immature 20 year olds who don't think about anything other that sex, drugs and rock n roll. Even the music videos are downright vulgar and borderline disgusting. Not only that, but the melodies are cheep rehashes from the last few albums, and there's way too much filler on here. Like I mentioned before, I understand you like the F word, but there really is no reason to use it that much. If I wanted that much vulgarity I would listen to Gangsta Rap. There seams to be no theme or flow to the album, and the songs are more or less emotionless. I'd give the album a 3/10. The only album I might dislike more is Insomniac.

21st Century Breakdown was soooo much better.

Crushgen24/88 10-05-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1091132)

Also, the new album isn't holding up for me at all. This is an album I'd expect from immature 20 year olds who don't think about anything other that sex, drugs and rock n roll. Even the music videos are downright vulgar and borderline disgusting. Not only that, but the melodies are cheep rehashes from the last few albums, and there's way too much filler on here. Like I mentioned before, I understand you like the F word, but there really is no reason to use it that much. If I wanted that much vulgarity I would listen to Gangsta Rap. There seams to be no theme or flow to the album, and the songs are more or less emotionless. I'd give the album a 3/10. The only album I might dislike more is Insomniac.

21st Century Breakdown was soooo much better.

Obviously you're free to your opinions Erik, but when it comes to the "****" think, I think you're really overstating it. The word (or a derivative of) appears in 5/13 tracks. And if you take out Kill The DJ (where it's purposely overused) it appears a grand total of 8 times in the other 4 songs it appears, most of the time in the middle of a line. I honestly don't think that's overkill at all.
As for the record itself, I understand why you don't like it. It's a pop-punk record (which I know isn't your genre of choice) basically acting as if American Idiot and 21CB didn't happen. It seems to me that the band is trying to please everyone/go every possible direction with these three records. Uno being a lbery Pop Punk album, Dos is supposed to be very reminiscent of the Foxboro Hot Tubs garage rock but with heavier grooves, and Tre has the stadium rock opera stuf. Like I said when they announced the whole project, I don't know how good of an idea that is, but it's what I think they were going for.

Crushgen24/88 10-05-2012 05:40 PM

As for my actual opinions on the album, I personally think it's good. It's not anywhere close to American Idiot or Warning territory. Probably falls somewhere in line around Dookie and 21CB for me. I do like it better than Insomniac or Nimrod.

Captain Walrus 11-17-2012 09:53 PM

So, thoughts on Dos anyone?

Thunderstrucker 11-17-2012 11:33 PM

Funny you mention it as I listened to it today.
Like !Uno, nothing special, some nice tracks but most tracks feel like songs with no other purpose then to make it to 30 minutes.

I salute you,
TS

Panda 11-19-2012 07:57 PM

If anything, Uno is even worse than when i first listened to then.

With bilies drug fiasco and all that, 2 really boring albums with not much hope for the third being better, i think my green day days are over. I liked them in high school, but listening to them now as a 20 years old only shows how elemen tary and boring a lot of their stuff is. its just.. Not that good. These guys are 40 years old. they need to grow up one day.