Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Green Day album(s?) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53921)

Crushgen24/88 11-21-2012 07:50 AM

I like UNO better than Dos, but the general consensus seems to go the other way. I do enjoy Amy quite a bit though.

Walkerboy 12-04-2012 11:33 PM

Not really liked Uno or Dos, but just started listening to Tre and I really like Brutal Love......

Walkerboy 12-04-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1095845)
These guys are 40 years old. they need to grow up one day.

Problem with growing up and writing songs like a 40 year old would do is that they become as dull as BJ.......

Panda 12-06-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1096885)
Problem with growing up and writing songs like a 40 year old would do is that they become as dull as BJ.......

Nope, 21st Century Breakdown was a step in the right direction. And then... now we're back to songs a 17 year old could compose and write.

steel_horse75 12-12-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1097057)
Nope, 21st Century Breakdown was a step in the right direction. And then... now we're back to songs a 17 year old could compose and write.

Agree.
Before AI and 21stCB Green Day were losing the plot and getting stale. Warning proved that. For me its by far their worst album.
They re-invented themselves with AI and then followed it up with 21stCB.
I have Uno, Dos & Tre and for me they have lost the plot again.

Hands up who didnt know that when they said they would release 3 albums in 3 months you were gonna get 3 average albums that when you take out the best songs you have roughly 12 very good songs - so just release 1 good album instead of 3 boring ones.

As posted in the thread before - BJA seems to have re-found the word F*** again cos he loves using it.

I like half of Uno, the 2nd half of Dos and about 3 on Tre.

I hope the go back to the path that lead them to AI and 21stCB cos I wont be buying anymore Green Day albums if they sound like these. This is the wrong direction for the band who as you say are 40+

Bounce7800 12-12-2012 01:09 PM

I quite like some of the songs on Uno, not particularily fond of much on Dos so I dont hold up a great deal of hope for a great deal on the third album. Im sure its nice for big fans to have 3 albums worth of stuff, but for the most part its an exercise in pointlessness.

Captain Walrus 12-30-2012 08:29 PM

Forgot to post at the time, but I saw the American Idiot musical a couple of weeks ago on the last night of its residency in London and thought it was utterly fantastic! Anyone else seen it?

Crushgen24/88 03-11-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1098667)
Forgot to post at the time, but I saw the American Idiot musical a couple of weeks ago on the last night of its residency in London and thought it was utterly fantastic! Anyone else seen it?

Saw it twice in it's initial Broadway run and thought it was fantastic. The soundtrack album is damn good as well. (It's the original cast on vocals, and Green Day themselves playing the music.)

steel_horse75 03-21-2013 09:11 AM

Havent touched these 3 albums since way before Xmas. Very poor effort.

Panda 03-21-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1117572)
Havent touched these 3 albums since way before Xmas. Very poor effort.

Completely agree. I honestly think they might even be worse than What Aboot Now. The four biggest disappointments of the last 6 months are: (and this is something I thought I'd never say aboot these bands) Green Day, Green Day, Green Day, Bon Jovi.