Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Green Day album(s?) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53921)

Bounce7800 03-21-2013 01:17 PM

I liked Uno, despite the nonsense amount of saying **** in every song. Kill the DJ is a highlight for me. I gave Dos a go when it came out but didn't find anything I liked, so I'll chuck Dos and Tre onto the playlist for the gym today and see if anythings changed

Crushgen24/88 03-22-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1117605)
I liked Uno, despite the nonsense amount of saying **** in every song. Kill the DJ is a highlight for me. I gave Dos a go when it came out but didn't find anything I liked, so I'll chuck Dos and Tre onto the playlist for the gym today and see if anythings changed

Wrote a post about the like 2-3 pages back, I don't understand why people say that about Uno. **** is on 5/13 songs, and if you take out Kill the DJ (where it's purposely over-used) it appears like 8 times on the whole record. That said, I agree with you on Dos, outside of Amy there's really nothing that grabs me. Tre on the other hand has some really good tracks. One could make a damn good album off of the best songs from Uno and Tre with Amy from Dos. Alas that's not what Green Day did, and it bit them in the ass.

Crushgen24/88 03-22-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1097487)
Agree.
Before AI and 21stCB Green Day were losing the plot and getting stale. Warning proved that. For me its by far their worst album.

I couldn't disagree more on that one. Warning is their second best album IMO, behind only American Idiot. Very underrated record. Warning, Waiting, Minority, Church On Sunday, and especially Macy's Day Parade are some of their best tracks period. Personally I think it blows away Insomniac and Nimrod, and is a level above Kerplunk, Dookie, and 21st Century Breakdown.

Crushgen24/88 03-22-2013 05:27 AM

Just for the hell of it (and because I spent the day with my dad at the hospital) this is the compilation playlist I have. To flow as an album the track-listing would have to be reworked, but the point is a strong 14 tracks do come out of these albums IMO.

1. Nuclear Family
2. Stay The Night
3. Carpe Diem
4. Let Yourself Go
5. Sweet 16
6. Rusty James
7. Oh Love
8. Amy
9. Brutal Love
10. X-Kid
11.Sex, Drugs, and Violence
12. Dirty Rotten Bastards
13. 99 Revolutions
14. The Forgotten

steel_horse75 03-23-2013 11:15 AM

What's the song where the female American rapper sings the chorus?
That song is perfect........for 2001. So dated. Most of the songs with exception of a hand full sound like rejects from other albums.

I still say Warning was the sound of a band running out of ideas with the exception of Church on Sunday but even thats a Elvis Costello rip off.

Captain Walrus 03-23-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1117876)
What's the song where the female American rapper sings the chorus?
That song is perfect........for 2001. So dated. Most of the songs with exception of a hand full sound like rejects from other albums.

Nightlife, although she does the verses rather than the chorus :p I actually like that one, but all the reviews i've read really slate it

steel_horse75 03-23-2013 01:12 PM

Sounds like that awful song from that dreadful band that goes
Come m'lady come come m'lady, sugar, butterfly etc etc

steel_horse75 03-23-2013 01:12 PM

Cray town I think theyre called - back in 2001 funnily enough!!

Captain Walrus 03-24-2013 05:57 PM

In what way exactly, because it has rapping? That song doesn't even have female vocals :confused:

Captain Walrus 03-24-2013 07:51 PM

My 19 track Uno/Dos/Tres compilation, which comes in at one hour twelve minutes, so will fit on a single CD:

Brutal Love
Nuclear Family
Let Yourself Go
Oh Love
Stay The Night
X-Kid
Stray Heart
Lady Cobra
Nightlife
Kill The DJ
Carpe Diem
Ashley
Lazy Bones
Amanda
Wow! That's Loud
Amy
99 Revolutions
Dirty Rotten Bastards
The Forgotten

It's still nowhere near as good an album as 21st Century Breakdown or American Idiot, but I'd say it'd be comparable to Nimrod or Warning