Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NFL must LOVE Bon Jovi (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=16350)

RyanBounce04 09-07-2003 06:49 PM

NFL must LOVE Bon Jovi

Listening to the preshow on CBS this morning... They showed the preview for the Kansas City and San Diego game and the background music was Everyday! Last night I saw the Chevy commercial for NASCAR about 3 times... I turned on my t.v. loud when they played Everyday though... Pretty badass if you ask me..

BOUNCE,
Ryan

jenn1189 09-07-2003 07:26 PM

Yes, I think they do love Bon Jovi. Isn't "It's My Life" the official song of the Super Bowl now or something??

RyanBounce04 09-07-2003 07:27 PM

Yep... It is... It will be in the post highlight real of the Super Bowl after the Super Bowl telecast every year....

BOUNCE,
Ryan

Shaun 09-07-2003 09:32 PM

cool

i hear LYHOM at alot of the K-State games i go too 8)....so maybe its not only the NFL

Becky 09-07-2003 11:52 PM

A few years ago, they did a tribute to John Elway set to Blaze of Glory too.

I think Jon made a VERY good impression on the NFL in 1991 when he agreed to sing the National Anthem a cappella when Garth Brooks was throwing a hissy fit about his performance and refused to go on. Of course, Garth went on as scheduled when he found out he was replaceable. :P

Becky

Kathleen 09-08-2003 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
I think Jon made a VERY good impression on the NFL in 1991 when he agreed to sing the National Anthem a cappella when Garth Brooks was throwing a hissy fit about his performance and refused to go on. Of course, Garth went on as scheduled when he found out he was replaceable. :P

Becky

I didn't know that about Garth Brooks. My son is a fan and I've heard a lot that I like. It's not the sort of music that makes you stand up and cheer but some is not bad - too bad he's a primadonna.

Kathleen

jedijovi 09-08-2003 12:59 AM

I am a big fan of Garth Brooks and other country music and had heard that story before. Pretty cool of Jon to be ready to pinch hit like that. The weird thing is Garth is the same age as Jon I think yet he is now "retired", just when I was getting into his music. Though if they play his Inside Fame one more time on CMT I will go nuts :P
I am sure we will continue to hear more Bon Jovi during football now that Jon is involved in the arena league.

Keba 09-08-2003 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJoviBOUNCE02
Yep... It is... It will be in the post highlight real of the Super Bowl after the Super Bowl telecast every year....

BOUNCE,
Ryan

The first time they played the song, they did a live version. Will it be a live version every year? Or will it be the album version or the radio version?

I think I'm gonna watch the Superbowl for the sole reason of hearing that song at the end. Heh heh heh....

jovifaith 09-08-2003 02:05 AM

I think I'm gonna watch the Superbowl for the sole reason of hearing that song at the end. Heh heh heh....[/quote]

think i'll watch for the same reason :lol:

RyanBounce04 09-08-2003 02:10 AM

They played part of the song live... But in the HIGHLIGHT reel.. They played the album version... I promise... They will continue to play the album version every year...

BOUNCE,
Ryan