Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Jovimimi 02-18-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1039721)
A Patrick Stump (lead singer of Fall Out Boy) solo show at Joe's Pub in April.

I hope Patrick will do some promo in europe ..I am following his work it's good (imo) ... his looks have changed drastically but he is the heart of FOB to me so his solo work is promising (he went solo because all the FOB band members left beside himself)

UKjovi 02-22-2011 09:55 AM

Roger Daltrey doing Tommy on March 24

Cherokee 02-23-2011 11:09 PM

Last Friday I bought a ticket to SCORPIONS CONCERT on 26th May! WOOOHOOOO!))) I just can't wait.
and, btw, I'm going to buy a ticket to Whitesnake concert... and I surely will... :cool:
just love all these bands.

Walleris 02-23-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee (Post 1040692)
Last Friday I bought a ticket to SCORPIONS CONCERT on 26th May! WOOOHOOOO!))) I just can't wait.
and, btw, I'm going to buy a ticket to Whitesnake concert... and I surely will... :cool:
just love all these bands.

I've seen Whitesnake two years ago and I can tell you that they're not that exciting TBH. I don't know aboud David voice right now, but it wasn't too great in 2009. Scorpions, on the other hand, are amazing, I'm unpleasantly surprised that they're not coming to my country as a part of the farewell tour, because they've been in my country like 3 or 4 times already and they have a huge fanbase. You russians have been lucky lately as far as rock concerts go. GN'R, U2 and now Scorpions.

C'monFeet 02-27-2011 01:55 PM

Did I mention the Levellers with the Wonderstuff already?

Tomorrow is payday and so some tickets. Most likely for a second Maiden show (The setlist is a bit predictable, but I *do* like it! They have built a great third act to their career); Glee; Doug Stanhope; Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti & Carter USM.

(Carter isn't till Dec. So can probably wait - will check what's up in the next month or so.)

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 02-27-2011 04:02 PM

Bosstime - A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. It was ****ing ace. We even made signs that they picked up - just like the Boss himself. Here's what they played:

01 Radio Nowhere
02 Prove It All Night
03 Because The Night
04 I'm Goin' Down
05 Born In The U.S.A.
06 Hungry Heart
07 The Rising
08 Lonesome Day
09 Tougher Than The Rest
10 Thunder Road
11 Out In The Streets
12 Born To Run
13 Human Touch
14 Promised Land
15 I'm On Fire
16 Trapped
17 Badlands
18 Cover Me
19 The River
Encore
20 Blood Brothers (acoustic)
21 No Surrender (acoustic)
22 Fever (acoustic)
23 Growin' Up (acoustic)
24 Pay Me My Money Down (acoustic)
25 Waitin' On A Sunny Day
26 Glory Days
27 Dancing In The Dark

Jovimimi 03-02-2011 11:55 PM

Yesterday i went to see MCR for their concert in paris exactly 4 months after their promo gig where we went too .... it was fantastic ...very fresh and very powerful. Gerard has a voice that is probably a little bit like Jon when they began ..not that he sounds alike but the same effect on ppl ..... his screaming and singing power is just impressive . Their new album is to me a lil gem. They show they sound very MCR and can make very different albums one after another ... I give that gig a solid A.

They did an almost 2 hours concert which was long for them (a lot of bands are doing shows that are around 1:30 and MCR is usually one of those )
The place was packed ..tons of *kids* on the floor were evacuated (it's impressive when you see a security guy leave the pit holding a girl that is NOT conscious and is like a rag doll ) Gerard seemed very concerned by that he stopped at one point and told the audience to not be stupid and ask for water to the security before it's too late ..- the security guys worked their butt off , non stop ... Gerard also thanked all the 'parents' for being so cool to let their kids have a good time while still protecting them and he pointed at us on both sides of the stage ..... I felt old (I am actually) and akward as I enjoyed the concert as much as the kiddos (but I was not nuts enough to be crushed on the floor). Why do some bands have to have an age limit for their amateurs ? it's very sad ... To me they sound great even at the old age of 51 :p

setlist

NaNaNa
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Planetary (GO!)
Hang 'Em High!
Sing
Vampire Money
Mama
The Only Hope For Me Is You
House of Wolves
Summertime
I'm not Okay (I Promise)
Famous Last Words
The Ghost of You
Destroya
Welcome to the Black Parade
Teenagers
The Kids from Yesterday
Helena

Cancer
Bulletproof Heart

Crushgen24/88 03-06-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1041802)
Yesterday i went to see MCR for their concert in paris exactly 4 months after their promo gig where we went too .... it was fantastic ...very fresh and very powerful. Gerard has a voice that is probably a little bit like Jon when they began ..not that he sounds alike but the same effect on ppl ..... his screaming and singing power is just impressive . Their new album is to me a lil gem. They show they sound very MCR and can make very different albums one after another ... I give that gig a solid A.

They did an almost 2 hours concert which was long for them (a lot of bands are doing shows that are around 1:30 and MCR is usually one of those )
The place was packed ..tons of *kids* on the floor were evacuated (it's impressive when you see a security guy leave the pit holding a girl that is NOT conscious and is like a rag doll ) Gerard seemed very concerned by that he stopped at one point and told the audience to not be stupid and ask for water to the security before it's too late ..- the security guys worked their butt off , non stop ... Gerard also thanked all the 'parents' for being so cool to let their kids have a good time while still protecting them and he pointed at us on both sides of the stage ..... I felt old (I am actually) and akward as I enjoyed the concert as much as the kiddos (but I was not nuts enough to be crushed on the floor). Why do some bands have to have an age limit for their amateurs ? it's very sad ... To me they sound great even at the old age of 51 :p

setlist

NaNaNa
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Planetary (GO!)
Hang 'Em High!
Sing
Vampire Money
Mama
The Only Hope For Me Is You
House of Wolves
Summertime
I'm not Okay (I Promise)
Famous Last Words
The Ghost of You
Destroya
Welcome to the Black Parade
Teenagers
The Kids from Yesterday
Helena

Cancer
Bulletproof Heart

That's a great MCR set.

Bon Jovi 5/6/11 at Nassau Coliseum

Becky 03-06-2011 08:44 PM

The most recent tickets I've bought are for Bon Jovi in Atlanta, GA, and Memphis, TN, in May and Keith Urban on June 16 in Biloxi, MS. I'm really looking forward to all the shows. The Bon Jovi shows will be right after finals for the semester and the Keith Urban show will be on my birthday! I've never been to a concert on my birthday before.

Miracle 03-07-2011 03:07 PM

Ticket to see the Trews in April. Can't wait!