Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi: A POP band??!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=8275)

SpainSambora 03-15-2003 07:43 PM

I think Bon Jovi makes sometimes Pop songs, but the trajectory of Bon Jovi say us that they are a rock band, and if you see the concerts, Bon Jovi still rocks.
And for me Bounce isnīt the best album, but itīs a decent album. For example, Hook me up is a very good rock song, and when Bon Jovi perform "The distance" in concerts, itīs very cool.

Santa_Fe 03-15-2003 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_}
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Quote:

Bon Jovi is excellent music, but Bounce is not that good music

Speak for yourself. I personally enjoy Bounce very much.

I speak

Yes, you do. I'm sorry Warrior I was kind of rude to you.
I am just really really sick of all that negativism that seems to thrive on the board.

Mongoose 03-15-2003 08:08 PM

everyone is allowed to have an opinion, on this board you get more of a one that on other boards.

There would be just as much "negativity" if they werent policed like a ghetto in nazi germany

Stranger 03-15-2003 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
Pop means popular music. And BJ make popular music, don't they.

Sorry but what you mean is "commercial"!

the term pop-music is describing an own style of music which develops out of disco in the 80ies. I mean with which term would you describe acts like the Backstreet boys,Gereth Gates, No angles, Avril lavigne, Britney Spears, Cristiana Aguileira.....unfortunately I could go on :D .

I agree with you when you change your sentence and say BJ is a commercial band, because every artist with a record deal is an commercial artist.

RS8MB0R8 03-15-2003 08:45 PM

I just think its harsh that they should be put into the same category as Robbie Williams or Britney on the basis of their last 2 albums. OK, Crush was POP-py (Bounce wasn't as bad) but come on, look at their other albums - they aren't pop, they're rock surely.

Becky 03-15-2003 10:30 PM

POP = "popular" and since Bon Jovi is pushing 100 million, that makes them a POP band.

Becky

{_Warrior_} 03-15-2003 10:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bon Jovi is excellent music, but Bounce is not that good music

Speak for yourself. I personally enjoy Bounce very much.

I speak

Yes, you do. I'm sorry Warrior I was kind of rude to you.
I am just really really sick of all that negativism that seems to thrive on the board.

Donīt worry :D
Like goose said, itīs good to show our opinions to the other members.
Itīs sad, but this is "my true", for Me, Bon jovi did a good job, but not a great one in Bounce

Mr Bluesman 03-15-2003 11:08 PM

I think people (including myself) don't like the fact that Bon Jovi are 'sometimes' classed as POP, because POP is always going to be linked to rubbish like Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys... etc.
Pop music is commercial music, and at the end of the day Bon Jovi are a commercial rock group like all other groups that have made it in the charts. Don't forget the sort of groups that have made the charts; Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses - you don't always link these sort of groups with pop but they are as much pop as Bon Jovi. It's just that Bon Jovi are REALLY popular, so they get called POP more than the other rockers. :P

Captain Walrus 03-15-2003 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McRock
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
aaaaaah come on, drum loops, gay effects, no meaning to the words

p o p (albeit better pop than there is out there at the moment but they still arent rock songs like in the olden days)

I agree 100%....

Bon Jovi now are pop. Just because they make an album on a guitar destortion setting, doesn't make it a rock album. Something like Huck me up is not rock, it's just pop played heavy...... Would Donny Osmand's Puppy Love be rock if it was played on a distrorted guitar????? Methinks not!

It's difficult to say. I'd say their not a pop band, on the basis that they still perform rock songs, and could still write rock songs. However, the last two albums have been pop albums, and I'd say another one like those would put them rock solid into the pop section :(

I've never heard of anyone use the term 'Heavy Pop' before now. Just doesn't seem to work :roll:

Keep On Rockin'

Santa_Fe 03-15-2003 11:20 PM

Heavy Pop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or like hard pop :lol: :lol: :lol: