Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BJ slating on CDUK (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=19031)

Santa_Fe 11-09-2003 12:02 AM

I wouldn't call members of boybands and such musicians.

davefan 11-09-2003 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
I wouldn't call members of boybands and such musicians.

mabe right but on tlfr I wouldn't call bon jovi musicicans too

Santa_Fe 11-09-2003 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan

There are other 10 Bon Jovi records. How can you suddenly stop calling someone a musician when you didn't like 1 or 2 records?

Sambo-Chris 11-09-2003 12:18 AM

The guys on CD:UK are totally right.

davefan 11-09-2003 12:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

There are other 10 Bon Jovi records. How can you suddenly stop calling someone a musician when you didn't like 1 or 2 records?

they are musicians but on this cd they are just producers

Captain Walrus 11-09-2003 01:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, because they didn't actually write the songs... Oh, wait a second, they DID. But they didn't play their own instruments, right? Nope, once again, they DID

Keep On Rockin'

joviscout 11-09-2003 03:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please musically its one of the best things they have done. This is the first time i have seen my step dad appretiate there music and show some sort of intrest in it. Of course my little sister wanted crossroad one but shes a 18 year old who doesnt know how many seconds are in a minuet so ill tell her to come here as there are plenty like her who just dont get it. :roll:

RS8MB0R8 11-09-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

I've just remembered something else that was said, "they must have reached the stage where they now have to release old material and not put out any new material"
Its a bit soon to be saying that isn't it. Yeah ok, this new album is a re-worked load of songs from their other works but this is following the release of 'Bounce' and the HUGE tour they've just completed under the same name. Run out of ideas?!?!? What the f*** are they ranting on about?!? Bounce was completely new and inventive - it might not have been as good as some of their previous albums but NO-ONE can slate them for 'running out of ideas'!

JoviForever 11-09-2003 02:08 PM

Re: BJ slating on CDUK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I was watching CDUK this afternoon and they do a bit called "hotshots" which is basically showing forthcoming releases, Wanted was on and was reviewed by 3 members of the music scene and each of them slated it. They said "whats the point in covering one of your own songs and making it worse?" "If you cover your own song then you should make it better than the original"
2 out of the 3 said they preferred Wanted the original and that this was just crap.

I saw it, and i just laughed. The 3 'popstars' in question will be forgotten about in 18 months.
The idiot from Busted has slagged them off before, and Busted are possibly the worst thing to come out of the uk in the last year - a boy band trying to be a rock band, and failing miserably! :roll: The worst thing is, is that Busted are on the same label as Bon Jovi in the Uk. This dosen't mean i expect them to say they are brilliant and suck up to them. But you would at least think they would have some respect for a band that has been around for 20 years at the same record company and been so successful! :?

JoviForever 11-09-2003 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

but imagine if they where new songs, having not heard them all before...everyone would probably love this album.
If they were new songs, I think I would hate them even more. The thought of them wasting 23 precious days of their lives killing their old songs is bad enough.

Some of the people on this site ought to open their minds AND their ears to this new album.
I admit some of the new versions don't work, such as Bad Medicine and Bed of Roses which i don't like at all. But I think the new Wanted works really well along with It's My Life, Livin on a Prayer and several others. This album shows there is so much more to this Band than lung-bursting choruses and guitar solos.
To say they've wasted 23 days of their lives on it is a disgrace. What did you do with 23 days of your life in August/September, when they were working their butts of for our benefit? Probably absoloutley nothing if your anything like me!
OK, so you don't like the new versions, that's your perogative, but at least show them a bit of repsect for trying something different! :mad: