Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jons comment on Live version of Superman tonight (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51322)

efiste2 07-06-2010 09:12 PM

Jons comment on Live version of Superman tonight

On the "special edition" release of The Circle, on the Superman Tonight live track Jon says "..and this heres the one your hearing on the radio and seeing on the video for what thats worth......." I think he says it with a hint of criticism as though he isnt happy with the video, or perhaps the fact it may not have been played on radio as much as he wanted etc etc.
What do you guys n gals think :-?

DevilsSon 07-06-2010 09:17 PM

I think he Uruguay is playing pretty damn good.

Bounce7800 07-06-2010 09:19 PM

The one you're hearing one your radio and seeing on your Emm Tee Vee.

Not any more :(

Seriously, Jon was obviously unhappy as he had a little bitch at the record company at one of the O2 shows- saying it wasnt promoted enough "Thanks for nothing record company"

Crushgen24/88 07-06-2010 09:20 PM

He introduced it the same way at the 3 Meadowlands Shows. He seemed to have a real love affair with ST, and I think he was pissed that it didn't get the promotion he felt it deserved.

MJB12 07-06-2010 11:22 PM

He's said that at pretty much every show. He says "for what its worth these days" because videos have almost little to no importance in the industry today. They don't get played anymore and don't really have a purpose. It's more of a general thing about the music industry, doesn't have to do specifically with Superman.

Crushed73 07-07-2010 03:51 AM

Unless they get on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown or Metal Mania on VH1 Classic, you will rarely see a Bon Jovi video on TV. ST did get on the VH1 Countdown for a few weeks.

MJB12 07-07-2010 04:16 AM

I've seen their videos on Comcast On Demand a few times. WWWB is on demand now. That's it though. I had seen We Weren't Born to Follow at a baseball playoffs game last year.

ticos_stick 07-07-2010 06:18 AM

When I first heard Superman Tonight I thought it would be a big hit immediately. It has a catchy chorus and just has "it".

The record company did let them down with a crap video and non existent promotion. It would have made a great 1st single.

Adam D 07-07-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1003001)
When I first heard Superman Tonight I thought it would be a big hit immediately. It has a catchy chorus and just has "it".

Agreed 100%. It really is a shame it didn't do better than it did. It's Bon Jovi through and through.

Sami 07-07-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1003009)
Agreed 100%. It really is a shame it didn't do better than it did. It's Bon Jovi through and through.

I think so too. I always thought it was a very good Bon Jovi song with a lot of potential. Had it been released in the late 80īs, it would have been a big hit.