Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Stereophonics topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49103)

Lady_Luck 02-13-2010 04:19 PM

Thanks to someone's post in the "What are you listening to" thread I got the double album Live From Dakota yesterday. I'm listening to it for the second time and it's just getting better and better. It's definitely a must have for every Stereophonics fan. The setlist, the voice, the music...you just don't want it to end! It ends, but with a perfect version of Dakota.

hometownboy 02-13-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Luck (Post 970623)
Thanks to someone's post in the "What are you listening to" thread I got the double album Live From Dakota yesterday. I'm listening to it for the second time and it's just getting better and better. It's definitely a must have for every Stereophonics fan. The setlist, the voice, the music...you just don't want it to end! It ends, but with a perfect version of Dakota.

haha that was me! im glad it made you buy it, it reall is a cracking performance and like you said the version of dakota is fantastic!

Lady_Luck 02-16-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 970654)
haha that was me! im glad it made you buy it, it reall is a cracking performance and like you said the version of dakota is fantastic!

Yes it was you, thanks! And now I'm discovering "Performance And Cocktails"
What a great band.

Lady_Luck 07-05-2010 09:21 PM

I'm so disappointed right now! After my first show in February I was thrilled to see Stereophonics again at the Main Square Festival in France.

After 45 minutes of waiting for the band to come up on stage, Kelly Jones came and announced that he will start alone with his guitare, and when a technical problem will be solved, the band will join him. That didn't happen...So Kelly played Maybe Tomorrow, Dakota, Have A Nice Day and Don't Let Me Down and left the stage, pissed off. And left the fans with nothing but frustration.

So I just decided to go to Rock En Seine, a rock festival in Paris, on August 28. Because I really want to see them again, and the 4 acoustic songs just make me want more.

hometownboy 07-07-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Luck (Post 1002772)
I'm so disappointed right now! After my first show in February I was thrilled to see Stereophonics again at the Main Square Festival in France.

After 45 minutes of waiting for the band to come up on stage, Kelly Jones came and announced that he will start alone with his guitare, and when a technical problem will be solved, the band will join him. That didn't happen...So Kelly played Maybe Tomorrow, Dakota, Have A Nice Day and Don't Let Me Down and left the stage, pissed off. And left the fans with nothing but frustration.

So I just decided to go to Rock En Seine, a rock festival in Paris, on August 28. Because I really want to see them again, and the 4 acoustic songs just make me want more.

Ah. thats a shame they didnt do the gig! Kelly could have given you a full acoustic gig though :p what a bore, i remember when i saw them in 2007 and he did the acoustic version of maybe tomorrow and it was absolutely brilliant!

Emil 07-08-2010 08:08 PM

I actually saw this band opening for Bon Jovi back in Hamburg 2001. They didn't make much of an impact on me then. (The other opening act did, though – Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes – especially when they, surprisingly enough, were joined by Jon and David for a few songs.)

Anyway, I sumbled upon a Stereophonics song a couple of weeks ago and picked up their greatest hits collection. It's pretty good and features some quality tunes, but I also find it repetitive and somewhat generic at times. Might give them a more thorough scan, I haven't decided yet. Kelly's voice is killer, obviously.

yomamasofat 11-03-2010 07:47 AM

They got a couple of good songs in Dakota and I Don't Want To Live Forever.

Neurotica80 01-20-2013 01:36 AM

Loving their new song Indian Summer, fantastic lyrics, saw them live just last month and I reckon the albums going to a belter! Check it out, unlike a certain other song just released, you can see this easily being played acoustically.

http://youtu.be/qcguxHc4hiU

Peterson 01-20-2013 01:58 AM

Heard Indian Summer for the first time today, loved it. Looking forward to the new album!

steel_horse75 01-20-2013 02:15 AM

Great band but totally lost their way with 3rd, 4 th and maybe 5 th albums.
Language and albums from then onwards are very good.
Seen them live and they are fantastic.