Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nothing (Without You) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34454)

danieldelavega 03-07-2006 06:35 PM

Nothing (Without You)

Do you think "Nothing" wouldīve been the next "Always"??? Lot of people think it could, is a good song with good lyrics. Too bad didnīt make it.

Captain_jovi 03-07-2006 07:01 PM

Definetely not. It's an okay song but nothing stellar, IMO.

Vax 03-07-2006 07:22 PM

I think Dirty Little Secret would play better on the radio.

But Nothing is a really good tune. No doubt about that.

SamboraQueen21 03-07-2006 08:39 PM

It is the only song out of the three that didn't make HAND that I actually like. I don't think it is anywhere near the league Always is in though. It will be interesting to see if Bo Bice releases it as a single.

Alphavictim 03-07-2006 11:35 PM

Nothing and Dirty Little Secret definitely should have made it on the record. Great songs. It's a bit more generic than Always, but then again, Always is among the best ballads of the band ever.

Rob 03-08-2006 01:15 AM

I would have put Nothing, DLS and Unbreakable on the record. I'd ship out Wildflower, Complicated and Last Cigarette.

Nothing and Unbreakable aren't outstanding but they are better that many of the album tracks, and I think DLS was actually good enough to make a good single and it puzzles me why it didn't at least make the album. Then again the last 3 albums have had good tracks missed off them. Crush was missing Nuerotica (perhaps Bon Jovi's rawest rock song ever) and Bounce was missing Standin', Alive, etc. There are quite a few good demos that were recroded for the last three albums but didn't make the cut. God knows why....?

Jonbonrocks 03-08-2006 02:06 AM

I agree with Rob - Nuerotica could have easily replaced Next 100 Years or Save The World.

I haven't heard Nothing (double negative, ha ha), but I think Dirty Little Secret could have replaced Wildflower.
I think the album would have been that much better with that song - These Open Arms has a bland chorus, and Unbreakable is a demo, nothing more - lol, because it is pretty embarassing at some points. But I like it, just not for the album.

Hopefully they'll release Nothing on a b-side or something, so I can hear it. Probably we'll just get IML live though.

Ha ha

Jonbonrocks 03-08-2006 02:11 AM

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree that DLS could have been a single. I've been trying to come up with a logical reason of why they wouldn't even put it on the album or release it as a single.

The only logical reason I can come up with is that singing it live, the notes in the pre-chorus, "I wanna come inside" and "I wanna feel alive"
would kill Jon vocally. I don't think he wants that burden.

Otherwise, I guess even though we all know it's a hit single, perhaps the band just doesn't like the song. I mean, it's hard to believe, but it is possible.

Oh, and since we all hate Wildflower, you know what that means - it'll probably be the next single. All About Lovin' You anyone?

Lol

RyanBounce04 03-08-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonbonrocks
I agree with Rob - Nuerotica could have easily replaced Next 100 Years or Save The World.

Wow... I really can't believe that. Next 100 Years only has the best guitar solo since Dry County. She's A Mystery is A LOT worse than Next 100 Years.

Ryan

Jonbonrocks 03-08-2006 03:51 AM

Yeah, it has a good guitar solo, it's true, but the horns make it sound corny to me. It sounds like filler. I don't think she's a mystery is stellar or anything, but I don't mind the low-key vibe. Sort of peaceful, I think.

Save the world is pretty corny though. Not terrible, but could have been a demo