Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nothing - Question (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47386)

severo17 01-06-2009 07:07 PM

Nothing - Question

Is it a demo or a bonus track from Have A Nice Day?

Butters 01-06-2009 07:18 PM

I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain it was never offically released as a bonus track. It didn't appear on any version of the album and I'm pretty damn sure it didn't appear as a b-side to any single which was released.

It was planned to be included on the origional tracklisting of Have a Nice Day. Thankfully it leaked out unoffically.

liljovi93 01-06-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severo17 (Post 899574)
Is it a demo or a bonus track from Have A Nice Day?

Demo.

Wasn't a bonus track on the album as far as i'm aware.

severo17 01-06-2009 07:33 PM

Thanks for both answers :)

Outlaw Of Love 01-06-2009 09:01 PM

Pre-release

It was released on the 2004 pre-release.

www.wikipedia.org says:
Various tracks from the pre-released album have been leaked onto the Internet and copies of the entire pre-release album exist in circulation amongst traders. One notable track removed from the final Have A Nice Day album is "Nothing". Many fans consider this song to be one of the best songs the band have ever written during the 2000s. It was supposedly cut from the album due to its similarity to "I Am", which remained on the album. American Idol 2005 runner-up Bo Bice later re-recorded the song, entitled "Nothing Without You", for his debut album, The Real Thing.

But, don't know if you can trust Wikipedia...

Kathleen 01-06-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 899576)
Demo.

Wasn't a bonus track on the album as far as i'm aware.

Not really a demo. The album was supposedly finished and copies of it were mailed or given to various people in the industry. Depending on which story you believe, Jon was told to redo the album or Jon decided himself that the album needed more work. Additional songs were written and some songs from the first cut of the album were deleted. Nothing was one of those deleted songs. Since several people in the industry had the "first edition" of HAND, eventually the first try leaked out.

Chances are that Paragon could add more to this story, but those are the bare bones facts.

Ferret 01-06-2009 09:08 PM

Obviously Nothing is better than the majority of tracks on Have A Nice Day. Great decision from Jon, there... :confused:

severo17 01-06-2009 09:41 PM

If anyone wants to hear the Bo Bice version.

liljovi93 01-06-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 899588)
Not really a demo. The album was supposedly finished and copies of it were mailed or given to various people in the industry. Depending on which story you believe, Jon was told to redo the album or Jon decided himself that the album needed more work. Additional songs were written and some songs from the first cut of the album were deleted. Nothing was one of those deleted songs. Since several people in the industry had the "first edition" of HAND, eventually the first try leaked out.

Chances are that Paragon could add more to this story, but those are the bare bones facts.

I know but it wasn't a bonus track so i just count is a demo.

-K9- 01-06-2009 10:45 PM

I wish Nothing made the album, it would have easily been the best song on HAND imo