Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nothing - Remasterd? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69626)

danfan 08-29-2016 12:07 AM

Nothing - Remasterd?

I just recently found a 30 second clip on YouTube of this unreleased track from HAND. Does a full remastered version of this one exist, or just the crappy sounding one we've already heard?

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 12:19 AM

It's never been released in any format by this band, just the Bo Bice version.

Is this the one you saw?

danfan 08-29-2016 12:29 AM

Yes.

I know it wasn't released by the band.

Captain_jovi 08-29-2016 12:33 AM

I apologize, I thought you saw a remastered clip online and were asking if it came from an official source.

Walleris 08-29-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1205519)
It's never been released in any format by this band, just the Bo Bice version.

Bon Jovi - Nothing (REMASTERED) - YouTube Is this the one you saw?

I'm no pro, but to me it doesn't sound any better than the 'crappy' full version. Which is not surprising, since this 'remastering' is based on that version.

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to get anything better than that :( HAND just doesn't sound like one of those albums that's ever going to be repackaged for an anniversary with outtakes and stuff.

Gadden 08-29-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1205522)
I'm no pro, but to me it doesn't sound any better than the 'crappy' full version. Which is not surprising, since this 'remastering' is based on that version.

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to get anything better than that :( HAND just doesn't sound like one of those albums that's ever going to be repackaged for an anniversary with outtakes and stuff.

It is a matter of taste of course but I sure think it sounds better.

Anyhow... I am not complete satisfied with the ends result so I am keeping the full version it in the vault for now.

Walleris 08-29-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1205534)
It is a matter of taste of course but I sure think it sounds better.

Anyhow... I am not complete satisfied with the ends result so I am keeping the full version it in the vault for now.

I did not mean to offend your work. I'm sure you made the most of that recording, it's just the difference is very incremental to an untrained ear like mine. I just had the impression from the first post that perhaps there was a better recording leaked somewhere.

bonjovi90 08-29-2016 01:23 PM

I had even given this to someone who owns a recording studio and he said that the noise comes from some strange compression used on the leaked version and that you simply can't get a really clean sound of this existing recording.

Dave 1986 08-29-2016 02:56 PM

Isn't the entire pre-release Have a Nice Day album circulating on CD meant to have better overall quality? I remember some years ago someone here mentioned that the quality was much nicer than the watery-sounding mp3s most of us have.

Gadden 08-29-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1205537)
Isn't the entire pre-release Have a Nice Day album circulating on CD meant to have better overall quality? I remember some years ago someone here mentioned that the quality was much nicer than the watery-sounding mp3s most of us have.

It is not much of a difference.