Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What was the last album you genuinely enjoyed? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70083)

hackster73 09-05-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1227436)
Keep the Faith because it's so dark and it suits my mood atm... well, Burning Bridges is my soft spot, too. I guess I need pain to feel alive.

Yes. Keep the faith and these days have lots of emotion and both have darkness too. Nothing can compare to the big four of Slippery, Jersey, Faith and These Days.

bonjovi90 09-05-2017 11:56 PM

Probably These Days because the holy 4 albums are the ones that I constantly go back and listen to over and over again. Pretty much every post-2000 album has either been too patchy (Crush, Bounce, Burning Bridges) or didn't really connect enough with me.
I loved The Circle when it was released and was proud of it, but it's worn off quite a lot. Really enjoyed THINFS the first two or three months, but it's also fading rapidly. Still like it, but it hasn't even been released for a year, so I can't judge where I'll see it in two or three years time.

bjcrazycpa 09-06-2017 12:51 AM

Tough for me between THINFS, LH and TD. I listen to This House completely through often more than the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbye49 09-06-2017 04:10 AM

THINFS - still listening to it. I go back to Lost Highway also.

bounce442 09-06-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1227441)
I am surprised by the love for THINFS so far...

Me too. I don't get it and I am even more awed by the love for Burning Bridges. Both albums have made me appreciate What About Now for more than I thought I was capable.

I have enjoyed bits and pieces of every Bon Jovi album for what they are BUT "the last album that made me proud to be a fan" is definitely HAND. I haven't pushed BJ albums on my friends and family since HAND.

thesedays2014 09-06-2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1227449)
Me too. I don't get it and I am even more awed by the love for Burning Bridges. Both albums have made me appreciate What About Now for more than I thought I was capable.

I have enjoyed bits and pieces of every Bon Jovi album for what they are BUT "the last album that made me proud to be a fan" is definitely HAND. I haven't pushed BJ albums on my friends and family since HAND.

Burning Bridges has 3 or 4 songs with more feel and guitar prescence than anything post-These Days, it also has many fillers... THINFS is the pop-rock junk Jon used to criticize. Solid? For a pop record, yes...it's sadly IMO what Jovi have become 😓

Xavi 09-06-2017 11:17 AM

This House Is Not For Sale

rokuli 09-06-2017 11:39 AM

Because We Can

Although the s/t single was kind of MEH I certainly feel that there's STRONG songwriting on this album. The production sucks....

steel_horse75 09-06-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1227421)
By 'genuinely enjoyed' I mean you were proud to be a fan of the band at the time of hearing the album and still go back to that album now...

For me it is probably Have A Nice Day. Even though there have been moments since then that is the last album that sounded fresh and had a high number of good tracks that I still enjoy listening to now. Not saying it's my favourite but the last one I enjoyed as an album.

If you are talking about the last album thats consistent where 95% of it is pure brilliance then These Days.

The last album I find acceptable as a good solid album with a few poor tracks is Bounce.

All the others I only like about 5 or 6 songs on the albums.

steel_horse75 09-06-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1227441)
I am surprised by the love for THINFS so far...

Me too.
The sound is horrible and too many fillers.
LWTG, DITT & GBTM are superb. BAT is good.
The rest are pretty poor.