Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 07-23-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265811)
via iTunes, new official release date is Oct 2. Tracklist got shook up too. New one:

1.Limitless
2.Do What You Can
3. American Reckoning
4. Beautiful Drug
5. Story of Love
6. Let it Rain
7. Lower the Flag
8. Blood in the Water
9. Brothers in Arms
10. Unbroken

So the biggest changes are.....STILL TEN TRACKS. Luv Can and Shine were dropped from the record. I'm sure we'll get them as bonus tracks or iTunes exclusives.

Good to see unbroken moved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xavi 07-23-2020 10:31 AM

Waiting for anybody to write "it doesnt have a solo"

I do really enjoyed Do What You Can,I like it.
I dont think Tico plays on the song.

steel_horse75 07-23-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265834)
Waiting for anything to write "it doesnt have a solo"

I think it’s only Jon and shanks.
Everything else sounds like a Pc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

manarosi 07-23-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265834)
Waiting for anything to write "it doesnt have a solo"

tbh it's listed as radio edit...it might even have a small solo in the album version

GabrielC 07-23-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1265837)
tbh it's listed as radio edit...it might even have a small solo in the album version

Radio edit is 3:51 and the regular version is 4:19, no guitar solos.

Johny 07-23-2020 11:02 AM

No it doesn't. I see no point in releasing a radio edit on iTunes when you get the full version on Spotify or on YouTube for free.

I'm also pissed that they cut out two songs. What's the reason for it? They were finalized and ready to get released. All their regular albums since New Jersey have had 12 tracks (the standard editions). This one originally had 10, two new songs got recorded so why would they keep only 10? Sometimes I really don't get the decisions.
Let's hope that this is only iTunes where I'm not gonna buy the album and that pressed CDs will have them as bonuses.

I also don't understand iTunes. I bought Limitless and I can see it only in the original tracklist and in the new one I can buy it again. On the other hand, Unbroken shows in both as bought. To make it more complicated, the choir version, which is only a single, and which I bought doesn't show anymore and I need to buy it again. Does anybody have any experience with this? I don't keep the tracks in iTunes, I download them and add them in albums back as mp3s. Too many singles make a mess in the library. I just thought that once I buy it, I can download it anytime again. But this works only for some tracks. Does it make any difference if I do it on iphone or on PC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johny 07-23-2020 11:06 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised by the songs. Yeah, the standards got lowered that much. I was just afraid of another slow, acoustic song so this turned out better.
Together with the choir version of Unbroken the best I've heard so far.
All the tracks make THINFS sound like a masterpiece though [emoji53]

The guitars sound lame, no character whatsoever, too generic. And no solo is a standard too and it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 07-23-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1265828)
I'm sticking by it, basing it on the fact the bass and drums on that track are both horrendous and horrendously simple. Something that would be produced by someone learning to program or using sibelius for the first time. They categorically were not written or even played by a bassist or a drummer.

Man, I just don't hear it. I really dig this bass line, it's catchy, especially in the chorus. I don't hear it as simple. It's a little Living on a Prayer-ish.

Alphavictim 07-23-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1265801)
From what I've seen, Phil-X doesn't seem to be nearly as excited about the band or the album as he used to be.

Really? First of all, no matter how JBJ wants to present it, Phil is a hired gun. I have total respect for him as a guitar player and as a performer, but don't act like he ever had any say in the band's matters. Second, there's an old video where Phil teaches licks and makes the pun "Richie Samboring". This is probably pre his first Bon Jovi stint even, so I am not at all calling for him to be removed from the band or like, "he is ungrateful!". I am just saying - his style is not very close to that of the guitar player who shaped BJ's sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265813)
True but I don't know why they didn't just add the two new songs instead of taking two off.

It feels like the dinosaur Bon Jovi the band have been ever since I got into them. Want to see the band live? Pay up, sucker. Want bonus tracks? Pay up, sucker. Want merch? Pay $40 for an incredibly ugly shirt. The whole "that'll do, pay more if you want something cool" attitude is just so goddamn ugly. I especially don't get how Jon keeps championing the common man but then Mr CEO has his band's products sold in this manner all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265817)
The vibe is almost like....Who Says...if the drums were double time.

It reminds me of that one new track from THINFS they also played live during the RRHOF induction, but I think I like it quite a bit more. When We Were Us? Is that the title?

Drums are REALLY simplistic, though.

jovifan93 07-23-2020 03:03 PM

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UI...nJovi_Tp200723

"Special Feature / Bonus Track: two Japan only bonus tracks"

There you go... Almost like in the good old times ;-)