Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70419)

PanosBonJovi 10-01-2018 01:42 PM

The Richie Sambora Album

Well after the split between Sambora and Orianthi, and his vacation in the Greek Islands with Ava, Richie goes back in the studio working with Bob Rock.

steel_horse75 10-01-2018 01:55 PM

Good to see and even better to see that RSO is as dead as the dodo.

kleman 10-01-2018 01:57 PM

Imagine those two +Jon in studio again....oooo my dreams :cool:

PanosBonJovi 10-01-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1245145)
Imagine those two +Jon in studio again....oooo my dreams :cool:

Well, I'm pretty sure that this is the reason Richie quit. I know it's yesterday's news but, I'm pretty sure that's why Sambora quit the band. I'm pretty sure he wanted more artistic freedom and the return of Bob Rock instead of Shanks who ended up as a Tour member (BIG LOL). I pretty sure he didn't like where the band was going with this sound and Shanks behind it. Anyway, that's all assumptions. What happened is in the past.

Listening to When We Were Young with Richie's backing vocals is WAY better. And that says it all.

Bounce7800 10-01-2018 02:25 PM

Very much looking forward to a proper Richie solo album and hopefully a tour as well would be nice in the vein of the AOTL tour

semigoodlooking 10-01-2018 04:43 PM

In the vein of the AOTL tour? So you hope to see a bunch of cancelled shows in the States? ;)

As for being in the studio, I hope this is a relatively swift process and Richie releases something soon. RSO left a sour taste for me, not least because they took so long to release music.

Bounce7800 10-01-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1245176)
In the vein of the AOTL tour? So you hope to see a bunch of cancelled shows in the States? ;)

As for being in the studio, I hope this is a relatively swift process and Richie releases something soon. RSO left a sour taste for me, not least because they took so long to release music.

Ok, the European AOTL until that mysterious throat infection took hold the second after the Shepherd's Bush show finished.... ;)

JackieBlue 10-01-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1245148)
Very much looking forward to a proper Richie solo album and hopefully a tour as well would be nice in the vein of the AOTL tour

The only thing I'd like to see him do 'in the vein of the AOTL tour' is to schedule shows in NY, Philly, Toronto, and SF so he can honor tickets bought for the cancelled 2012 shows. If ticket sales were so dire, it couldn't be that many tickets; and surely the fans who were disappointed by the cancellations have held onto their tickets at least as tightly as they have held onto their resentment for 6 years. Maybe that would allow them to stop seeing everything he does, now and forever more, through the filter of that lens, and finally let that bitch rest in peace.

(Oh, and just in case he really was sick, if he could manage to whisper and cough through any AOTL songs he sings, so much the better!):p

EDIT: Thought I'd go ahead and bring it up before somebody else did; but it looks like somebody beat me to it. :)

JackieBlue 10-01-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1245176)

I hope it's a swift release, too. Then maybe that bitch can rest in peace, too. ;)

rolo_tomachi 10-01-2018 06:22 PM

Very very excited about this. I loved the RSO songs that were sung by Richie as lead singer. Bob did a better mix job than Ebin at Atfermath, so go ahead.

I'm hoping that Bob knows how to get the best Richie out there right now. The RSO project was already somewhat cooked when he rejoined. But this new album is a matter of Richie and Bob, so very interested in this new album.

nikos greece 10-01-2018 07:27 PM

Happy with the news!! Bob Rock may be the ideal guy for this project...A producer who pushes the artist to reach his potential and also a guy who saw Richie in his prime so he knows he can deliver.
i havent followed bob rocks projects after st anger but producing is a talent that i assume doesnt go away, so really happy these guys got together again. there is a story from bob rock that he was called to produce stranger in this town, initially accepted, but a later decided to let down Richie who was a friend and take a shot with metallica...and black album happened..
Richie imo is a truly talented guy who likes to contribute, his role in Bj was ideal to showcase his skills, his chops etc. Richie wants to prove himself again, wants to be active, want to prove other people wrong and in a way maybe thats the best way for him to move forward. If Richie & jon work again in the future it would be nice to happen in a new ground, with everyone standing tall.

Supersonic 10-01-2018 08:15 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1245206)
Happy with the news!! Bob Rock may be the ideal guy for this project...A producer who pushes the artist to reach his potential and also a guy who saw Richie in his prime so he knows he can deliver.
i havent followed bob rocks projects after st anger but producing is a talent that i assume doesnt go away, so really happy these guys got together again. there is a story from bob rock that he was called to produce stranger in this town, initially accepted, but a later decided to let down Richie who was a friend and take a shot with metallica...and black album happened..
Richie imo is a truly talented guy who likes to contribute, his role in Bj was ideal to showcase his skills, his chops etc. Richie wants to prove himself again, wants to be active, want to prove other people wrong and in a way maybe thats the best way for him to move forward. If Richie & jon work again in the future it would be nice to happen in a new ground, with everyone standing tall.

Bob Rock produced that garbage from RSO as well. And... away flies all hope.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jazzsta 10-01-2018 08:38 PM

I hope that they put some real drums and some simple proper instrumentation this time.. Enough with overproducing. And enough with fake drums (so audible in RSO songs).

On a different note, I think we are being overexcited. They just said they are writing some songs together. I would like an album and fast. But maybe it will not turn into one. So keep the expectations low.

nikos greece 10-01-2018 09:48 PM

obviously not everything he touches turns to gold...you cant polish shit. but he is a guy who can push Richie and Richie himself wants to prove himself to him as well i think..
There is a myth around some producers like Bob Rock and Rubin, some artists have called them gods/magicians whatever and other charlatans..the truth imo is in the middle..there were lucky enough to be in the right place and time and collaborate with huge talents on their prime, but they also had the ability to take the best of them and deliver it in a sonically great product.

JackieBlue 10-01-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1245219)

On a different note, I think we are being overexcited. They just said they are writing some songs together. I would like an album and fast. But maybe it will not turn into one. So keep the expectations low.

Actually Richie did say "We're starting a new record, Bob and I. It's a Richie Sambora record..."

JackieBlue 10-01-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1245229)
... and Richie himself wants to prove himself to him as well i think...

I can believe that. And I gotta say that in just one short clip, Richie already comes across to me as more genuine and more interesred in this project than he ever seemed to be about the RSO project. That clip is the kind of informal stuff he would do, fairly often, when he was working on AOTL; especially after Luke convinced him to start tweeting. I know he did promo interviews; but if he posted anything at all about RFA in social media, I don't remember it.

rolo_tomachi 10-01-2018 11:42 PM

Is good enough and pretty cool for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpK...ature=youtu.be

Rdkopper 10-02-2018 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1245271)
Is good enough and pretty cool for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpK...ature=youtu.be

Nice... Any other songs were Richie takes the majority lead? (Just shows you how disconnected I was to that disaster)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Zakatar 10-02-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1245287)
Nice... Any other songs were Richie takes the majority lead? (Just shows you how disconnected I was to that disaster)

Check out "Forever All the Way". My personal favorite RSO song, and also the one with the least amount of Orianthi on the whole album. Also not overproduced in the slightest.

rolo_tomachi 10-02-2018 11:28 PM

Take Me is my fav song.

"im just trying to love myself, take me, take me, perfection ain't real .... here on planet earth"

JackieBlue 10-03-2018 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1245287)

I Don't Want to Have To Need You Now (RS lead w/Ori BGV)
https://youtu.be/_w0c6ywsI4o

Take Me (RS lead w/less Ori on BGV)
https://youtu.be/yIFK6dPubk4

Forever All the Way (RS lead w/less Ori BGV)
https://youtu.be/kX_Xh1ovp4w

One Night of Peace (RS lead w/BGV by choir and children)
https://youtu.be/LegccKHCiOE

Rdkopper 10-03-2018 03:08 AM

I'm going to see if there are any songs I can edit her verses out of...

jon-flp 10-03-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1245342)
One Night of Peace (RS lead w/BGV by choir and children)
https://youtu.be/LegccKHCiOE

One night of Peace is a wonderful song. Every time I hear this I get emotional. Everything is beautiful in this song. And it's Richie's best moment since 7 years IMO.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-03-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1245332)
Check out "Forever All the Way". My personal favorite RSO song, and also the one with the least amount of Orianthi on the whole album. Also not overproduced in the slightest.

Nice lyric, Zakatar

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1245333)
Take Me is my fav song.

"im just trying to love myself, take me, take me, perfection ain't real .... here on planet earth"

I also like this song that Richie dedicated to JonBon hahah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP29...outu.be&t=3998

JackieBlue 10-03-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1245372)
Nice lyric, Zakatar

I also like this song that Richie dedicated to JonBon hahah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP29...outu.be&t=3998

Is that your interpretation or did RIchie actually say it was dedicated to Jon? I didn't catch it if he did; but then the sound quality isn't great, either.

I could go either way, but it sounded more to me like the "dedication" was to the fans who got "piiiissed off" and who still think he owes them an apology for doing something that he thinks he shouldn't have to apologize for.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-03-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1245380)
Is that your interpretation or did RIchie actually say it was dedicated to Jon? I didn't catch it if he did; but then the sound quality isn't great, either.

I could go either way, but it sounded more to me like the "dedication" was to the people who got "piiiissed off" and who still think he owes them an apology for doing something that he thinks he shouldn't have to apologize for. Whether it was to Jon or to the fans who are still holding onto their resentment, I think he wanted to make it clear that, instead of apologizing, Take Me is saying they can either take him as he is and trust that he had reason(s) that justified his actions, or they can go on being mad; but in either case, he's done explaining and he's not going to get any more specific about his reasons. WYSIWYG.

I think he didn't say so, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP29...outu.be&t=3752

rolo_tomachi 10-04-2018 05:57 PM

Love Burn the Candle Down.

Zakatar 10-04-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1245432)

This song is from Aftermath, not the RSO album.

rolo_tomachi 10-04-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1245445)
This song is from Aftermath, not the RSO album.

Is a Richie Sambora song.

Thinny 10-05-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1245213)
Aloha !

Bob Rock produced that garbage from RSO as well. And... away flies all hope.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

But the producers job is to help them make the record that they want to make, and that's exactly what we got with RSO. Before Bob Rock came a long it was a mess and he came in a brought it all together. Richie will want to make a different kind of record, and Bob is there from the start to help with that. This is exactly what I wanted to hear!

QUceK1WV8 10-06-2018 12:57 PM

Richie is his own man, it's more about the songs in my opinion than a producer. It is a matter of motivation and caring enough about the record and, in my opinion, sadly also about his condition.

However, I do think there are makings of something good here. It has been several years of practically no music and quite a bit of pretending to be making music for Richie by now. With any luck he is bursting with it.

I am really looking forward to this.

(Then again, I was looking forward to RSO as well)

semigoodlooking 10-06-2018 06:21 PM

I like that Richie is in a position where he has nothing to lose. Hopefully this will stop him from trying to chase a hit that is never going to come and focus on just doing what he wants.

His guitar playing has moved from average to poor for around 15 years, but I don't think that will matter in the studio, although Aftermath was a boring album from a guitar perspective.

It is probably safe to say this is the most interesting project in the Bon Jovi world since maybe Lost Highway. We really don't know what Richie is going to come out with, and that is exciting.

Say what you want about his solo work, the three albums have been different enough to suggest he may move outside the Bon Jovi box of manufactured hit-chasing mom rock.

on_m3rcur_7 10-07-2018 12:28 PM

Bring it on

Bring it on Sambora, but I have to say that my expectations are low. I know the guy can deliver but lately even he seems too influenced by trends of using modern mixes which kills me. In fact... i think this is the main reason why i dont pay attention to bj either anymore. Its just too boring. The over use of pro tools and wanting to brickwall the sound with loudness to compete on the streaming services /radio just doesnt do it for me. And i get it mainstream artist have to compete with the world and that sometimes means ruining the sound...anyway, lets see if he brings a couple of good tracks to the table anyway...and lets hope bob rock doesnt **** up the sound. I remember when i first heard makin history live and then...i heard the version studio...that guitar tone makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

By the way, hi Rolo_tomachi... its been a ****ing long time!

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1245532)
Bring it on Sambora, but I have to say that my expectations are low. I know the guy can deliver but lately even he seems too influenced by trends of using modern mixes which kills me. In fact... i think this is the main reason why i dont pay attention to bj either anymore. Its just too boring. The over use of pro tools and wanting to brickwall the sound with loudness to compete on the streaming services /radio just doesnt do it for me. And i get it mainstream artist have to compete with the world and that sometimes means ruining the sound...anyway, lets see if he brings a couple of good tracks to the table anyway...and lets hope bob rock doesnt **** up the sound. I remember when i first heard makin history live and then...i heard the version studio...that guitar tone makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

I read your private message, but I can not send you one back, it's strange. I hope you remember my mail, it easy.

EDIT: If you have not changed your mail, I just sent you one.

Thinny 10-07-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1245532)

You're mixing up the RSO projectand a Richie Sambora solo project. They are not the same....they were going for a speceific idea when they were makingt those songs, deliberatley pusing their boundaries of what they would normally do. I doubt very much that a Richie solo album would be like that.....

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1245534)
You're mixing up the RSO projectand a Richie Sambora solo project. They are not the same....they were going for a speceific idea when they were makingt those songs, deliberatley pusing their boundaries of what they would normally do. I doubt very much that a Richie solo album would be like that.....

However Aftermath's mixing sucks... and was a Richie Solo Album (and you know that I love this album but the mixing... is anohter story)

I do not know until what degree of quality he have this time, I just want new songs. The biggest mistake of Richie, was not to do more solo music / albums in the 2000-2010 period.

Thinny 10-07-2018 02:01 PM

I don't really have much of a problem with the mix of Aftermath like a lot. Sometimes on the heavier stuff it's a little messy, sure, but to me things like You Can Only Get So High sound fantastic. He was going for a gritier mix and not so over produced and I get that...I'd certainly take that over the generic, sterile Shanks sounds...

PanosBonJovi 10-07-2018 03:03 PM

Shanks is just a bad producer with no serious work / hits to show. On the other hand he may just follow Jon’s orders

Thinny 10-07-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1245539)
Shanks is just a bad producer with no serious work / hits to show. On the other hand he may just follow Jon’s orders

Without turning this into another Shanks debate (my fault for bringing him up), a lot of people say that he's just doing what Jon wants, which is true. However, if you listen to what he has done as producer, a lot of it is very smilar sound. Listening to Melissa Etheridge, I didn't even know he produced it, but i recognised the sound immediately, looked at the sleeve notes and there was his name...

In my opinion a good producer should bring out the best in the artist that he is working with, not have his own signature sound all over it. That's why Bob Rock is perfect for this. Not everything he has produced has been fantastic, but he always brings out and enchances the sound of the band he is working with, rather than his own imprint!

Rdkopper 10-07-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1245540)
In my opinion a good producer should bring out the best in the artist that he is working with, not have his own signarure sound all over it. That's why Bob Rock is perfect for this. Not everything he has produced has been fantastic, but he always brings out and enchances the sound of the band he is working with, rather than his own imprint!

Perfectly Stated!!! That's It.