Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon featuring on one Richie solo concert 1998? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70996)

BJFan2021 02-14-2023 06:14 PM

Jon featuring on one Richie solo concert 1998?

I saw a video (audio) a while back where Jon joined in on Living On A Prayer at a Richie solo concert in 1998. I tried finding that video again today without luck, so I was wondering if anyone here knows which concert that was, thanks!

Captain_jovi 02-14-2023 06:29 PM

JUL 22, 1998, Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, England

BJFan2021 02-14-2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1284072)
JUL 22, 1998, Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, England

Thank you so much!

Thinny 02-14-2023 07:10 PM

Are you sure it was Prayer? I was there and I seem to remember Jon came out and did With A Little Help From My Friends and Never Say Goodbye....not Prayer...

BJFan2021 02-14-2023 07:14 PM

Yeah true, my bad. I had no clue which song he featured on to be honest and LOAP seemed the most likely one to me. You’re so lucky to have attended that concert! How did you react when that happened if you don’t mind me asking?

Thinny 02-14-2023 07:36 PM

Sadly I have a slighly negative memory of that moment. I was near the front in the middle of a bunch of die hard Richie fans, the type that are very anti-Jon and they were shouting abuse at Jon from the minute he came on stage. It's like they were pissed at him for taking away Richie's limelight or something. Which is pathetic.

So we moved further back after Jon came on as they were making it difficult to hear where we were, but it was pretty special to see them together in such a small venue, especially Never Say Goodbye.

I was expecting Jon to turn up as Richie had been on breakfast TV that morning and he hinted that Jon was in town....

Both those London shows were incredible though, some of my favourite concerts.

Captain_jovi 02-14-2023 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284085)
Sadly I have a slighly negative memory of that moment. I was near the front in the middle of a bunch of die hard Richie fans, the type that are very anti-Jon and they were shouting abuse at Jon from the minute he came on stage. It's like they were pissed at him for taking away Richie's limelight of something. Which is pathetic.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

semigoodlooking 02-14-2023 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284085)
Sadly I have a slighly negative memory of that moment. I was near the front in the middle of a bunch of die hard Richie fans, the type that are very anti-Jon and they were shouting abuse at Jon from the minute he came on stage. It's like they were pissed at him for taking away Richie's limelight of something. Which is pathetic.

So we moved further back after Jon came on as they were making it difficult to hear where we were, but it was pretty special to see them together in such a small venue, especially Never Say Goodbye.

I was exoecting Jon to turn up as Richie had been on breakfast TV that morning and he hinted that Jon was in town....

Both those London shows were incredible though, some of my favourite concerts.

Is a die-hard Richie fan - especially anti-Jon ones - someone who only listens to Richie's music and avoids Bon Jovi? I mean Jon is such the focal point of the band that it must be a miserable existence listening to your favourite artist for three decades in a band fronted by someone you can't stand.

Thinny 02-14-2023 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1284092)
Is a die-hard Richie fan - especially anti-Jon ones - someone who only listens to Richie's music and avoids Bon Jovi? I mean Jon is such the focal point of the band that it must be a miserable existence listening to your favourite artist for three decades in a band fronted by someone you can't stand.

Haven't a clue! I just knew I wasn't going to stay in the middle of them and let them ruin the whole moment. I just don't get that mentality...

LitaFord666 02-17-2023 02:41 PM

The gig is here: Good show.