Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Kathleen 09-04-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266624)
<snip> back then, it was made for you rolling down the windows and singing it into the night on top of your lungs :)

I still do this all the time - doesn't anyone else?

bonboy25 09-04-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266619)
Does anyone have the link to the website that uploads songs snippets before anyone else? I remember Knockout was available on there before anywhere else but I can't remember what the site is called.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

https://www.supraphonline.cz/umelec/...i?limit=10&o=2

I've kept an eye out on this website for all the singles, and they dint tend to have the snippets early anymore.

bonjovi90 09-04-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1266625)
I still do this all the time - doesn't anyone else?

Ah I meant that, back then, Bon Jovi was music for rolling down the window and singing your heart out :)
I still do that, but still to those old albums :)

liljovi93 09-04-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1266626)
https://www.supraphonline.cz/umelec/...i?limit=10&o=2

I've kept an eye out on this website for all the singles, and they dint tend to have the snippets early anymore.

That's the one! Thank you.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-05-2020 05:16 AM

So Beautiful Drug is definitely a rock song. And Luv Can is a religious song. Interesting.
The rest seems boring. But I don't think they could be worse than Unbroken... (Nothing is worse than Unbroken! >_< jaja)

steel_horse75 09-05-2020 09:03 AM

Well Bon Jovi lyrics leak and there’s about 10 posts about it.
That how many people are interested in modern Jovi.

Twitter is full of the usual 5 people who now think this album will be “amazing” and “Bon Jovi are the best” - and that’s despite hearing the 4 singles so far.

Odd bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-05-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266637)
Well Bon Jovi lyrics leak and there’s about 10 posts about it.
That how many people are interested in modern Jovi.

Twitter is full of the usual 5 people who now think this album will be “amazing” and “Bon Jovi are the best” - and that’s despite hearing the 4 singles so far.

Odd bunch.

Factor in 6 of the 10 posts are you saying you don't like it.

thesedays2014 09-05-2020 08:30 PM

From my point of view, sounds like something I’ll like. It won’t be These Days, but serious social music instead of anthemic rubbish could be cool. I’ll take Unbroken over Limitless any day, and it seems like this record will have more of the first.

steel_horse75 09-05-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266643)
Factor in 6 of the 10 posts are you saying you don't like it.

From the 4 songs so far.... its shit. The other 6 need to be something special to save it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-05-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266648)
From the 4 songs so far.... its shit. The other 6 need to be something special to save it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The point just keeps flying over your head eh. People aren't disagreeing with you for having that opinion. You're masochist if you're constantly entering threads to tell us you hate it. No one cares, dude.

steel_horse75 09-06-2020 12:26 AM

2020: The New Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266651)
The point just keeps flying over your head eh. People aren't disagreeing with you for having that opinion. You're masochist if you're constantly entering threads to tell us you hate it. No one cares, dude.

You love Jovi whatever shit they release. I get it. Keep wanking over them.
I’m from a time when they were untouchable. When no one could match them. Keep loving bog standard shit.

Adam D 09-06-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266652)
I’m from a time when they were untouchable. When no one could match them. Keep loving bog standard shit.

This is the equivalent of making sure everyone in your family knows that your wife's cookie recipe won't ever be as good as your mom's.

No one could touch your mother's cooking at one time, but she's not here anymore unfortunately. Your wife uses the same recipe, but it's just not the same and will never be again.

It's understood by everyone in the family that this is the case. But we are constantly reminded at every get together that you feel this way.

Eventually, it gets to the point where it just takes up too much energy to do anything but nod.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

liljovi93 09-06-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266652)

But why do you have to post about it in every single thread or even on almost every single post on twitter?

We all get the standard has dropped. Matt included. I'm just as critical as anyone these days but there's just being repetitive.

We get you don't like THINFS apart from mainly the bonus tracks. We know you don't like the four new songs and that the 6 have to be 'something special' and we get that you seen them when they were 'untouchable'

Let's be honest, we'll be lucky to have one song out the next 6 that is 'something special' and the band will never be 'untouchable' again. So really, if that's what you are waiting for, and you know just as much as I do that you won't get it, why are you still here?

Boredom? Nostalgia? Just being sad?

As I said, I can be quite critical (and repetitive like yourself) but I still have hope. I still enjoy THINFS and chunks of other albums before that. You hardly do so I genuinely have no idea why you feel the need to let us all know on every single thread.

Yovana the II.

steel_horse75 09-06-2020 10:30 AM

Pure Nostalgia.

I’d been drinking last night heavily so I apologise for my rant at capt Jovi.

jon-flp 09-06-2020 05:44 PM

Do you think that the album being called "2020" will make this an album to be avoided by the people? I mean, even with good songs on it...I don't think that it's a smart move name the album as one of the worst year (if not the worst) in our recent history.

Captain_jovi 09-06-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1266658)
Do you think that the album being called "2020" will make this an album to be avoided by the people? I mean, even with good songs on it...I don't think that it's a smart move name the album as one of the worst year (if not the worst) in our recent history.

I genuinely think the album will be avoided by the majority of the public for reasons different than the album title. I can't see it turning off people that wanted to get it and now won't

Rdkopper 09-06-2020 05:57 PM

I've been listneing to Modern Day Country lately and I absolutely love it. This is coming from someone who hated country just a few years back. I'm still a little choosy but it really is the new rock of music. Some of it even has a little old school 80s vibes to it.

There is this song that sounds like a JBJ song that fell right off of Aldo Novas album Blood On The Bricks... Kip Moore - She's Mine. I would definitely recommend checking it out. Itll hook you in right after the first verse...

Anyway, all this new music is so fun, catchy, with great hooks. None of it is overly serious. This is what I've been missing from Jon. Just a fun old school rock album. If you listen to that Kip Moore song, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Fun song, fun video. Exactly what Jon needs to get back to.

https://youtu.be/UY-R-WOJ26I

Thinny 09-06-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266661)
There is this song that sounds like a JBJ song that fell right off of Aldo Novas album Blood On The Bricks... Kip Moore - She's Mine. I would definitely recommend checking it out. Itll hook you in right after the first verse...

Kip Moore is fantastic. He's clearly influenced by rock music and is fantastic live. This song was one of the best songs released last year for me. His Slow Heart and Wild Ones albums are definitely worth a listen too!

Good shout, but Kip does a lot of feel good boy/girl, party, drinking type songs, which I don't think really interests Jon in 2020...I think Jon's been there and done that really...

steel_horse75 09-06-2020 06:08 PM

Quite good that.

Rdkopper 09-06-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1266662)
Kip Moore is fantastic. He's clearly influenced by rock music and is fantastic live. This song was one of the best songs released last year for me. His Slow Heart and Wild Ones albums are definitely worth a listen too!

Good shout, but Kip does a lot of feel good boy/girl, party, drinking type songs, which I don't think really interests Jon in 2020...I think Jon's been there and done that really...

Totally agree... I'm not necessarily saying that Jon sould be Kip... I was just using him as one example... There are just so many other great NEW country songs that remind me of old school rock... and I just wish Jon could get back to that.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Thinny 09-06-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266664)
Totally agree... I'm not necessarily saying that Jon sould be Kip... I was just using him as one example... There are just so many other great NEW country songs that remind me of old school rock... and I just wish Jon could get back to that.

Yeah totally!

sirpercy 09-06-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1266665)
Yeah totally!

got some more suggestions?

Rdkopper 09-06-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirpercy (Post 1266666)
got some more suggestions?

Dustin Lynch - Ridin Roads.

Luke Combs has mastered the melody / hook combo.

Check out any of his official video songs: All great songs that will hook you in after a listen or two.

Start with Beautiful Crazy

polevka 09-06-2020 08:30 PM

You guys made me curious with that modern country stuff...

... and unexpectedly I now have the feeling that "2020" will have more songs to my taste. ;-)

jovifan93 09-06-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

I've been listneing to Modern Day Country lately and I absolutely love it. This is coming from someone who hated country just a few years back. I'm still a little choosy but it really is the new rock of music. Some of it even has a little old school 80s vibes to it.

Anyway, all this new music is so fun, catchy, with great hooks. None of it is overly serious. This is what I've been missing from Jon. Just a fun old school rock album. If you listen to that Kip Moore song, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Cool song, thanks! Will check out more by that guy! And totally agree!

sirpercy 09-06-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266667)

Check out any of his official video songs: All great songs that will hook you in after a listen or two.

THANKS a lot!

Butters 09-06-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266667)

Luke Combs is fantastic. His two albums are terrific. Hurricane for me.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-07-2020 02:02 AM

Well, obviously She's Mine is a love song.
And Jon already said this album "it's not a boy girl record, it's very topical", so that's a little disappointing to me.
And about Let It Rain, I'm not sure what's the Young Guns connection; is it the lyric or the melody, or both?
"somewhere there's a church bell/ that's summoning the choir/somewhere there's a dreamer who would walk 1,000 miles" is a throwback to the "Young Guns" era.
"I hadn't written anything like that in a long time. I like it because of the social justice of it, and taking a stand and saying let's purge ourselves of all of the hurt and hate and division, but who's going to be the one to stop it? Who's going to be the ones that unify us? So, let it rain and let's let the sun shine through."

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 02:15 AM

Roller Coaster is a fun love song so Jon could and should put out love songs

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 02:38 AM

I can't believe there is a reference praising Colin Kapernick on this album... Jon turned into such a ****ing left winged nut job asshole dickhead...

I hope Jon reads this too.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-07-2020 03:55 AM

Songs like Rollercoaster; no, please >_<.
Actually, I took Limitless a kind of love song; maybe more for the video.

kleman 09-07-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Same here. I like BlackBerry Smoke a lot

steel_horse75 09-07-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polevka (Post 1266668)
You guys made me curious with that modern country stuff...

... and unexpectedly I now have the feeling that "2020" will have more songs to my taste. ;-)

Think you’ve missed the point.

OP is saying this sound would be good for Jovi - not that this is what 2020 will sound like.

Country isn’t my thing but the odd song like the one posted with a bit more rock than twang would be good for Jovi

BJFan99 09-07-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266675)
I can't believe there is a reference praising Colin Kapernick on this album... Jon turned into such a ****ing left winged nut job asshole dickhead...

I hope Jon reads this too.

Why do Jon's political views bother you so much? Actually, why do so many of you Americans seem to openly disrespect anyone supporting a different political group than you do? I have my own political views about things here in Finland as well, but I don't get angry if someone thinks differently, let alone insult him or her for that.

Jon has different opinions of Trump and other republicans than you, but that doesn't make him a bad person. Hell, he can't sing anymore and IMO shouldn't charge people anymore to hear him try to, but even that doesn't make him a bad person - there are still probably millions of people happy with his current level of performing, and he'll most likely continue until that situation changes, no matter how critical most of us are.

jovifan93 09-07-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1266679)
Why do Jon's political views bother you so much? Actually, why do so many of you Americans seem to openly disrespect anyone supporting a different political group than you do? I have my own political views about things here in Finland as well, but I don't get angry if someone thinks differently, let alone insult him or her for that.

Jon has different opinions of Trump and other republicans than you, but that doesn't make him a bad person.

Actually, it's hard to have a different opinion of Trump than Jon (and every other person that actually thinks about him and what he says and does in detail), but other than that: yeah, I don't get the hate of Republicans vs. Democrats either...

liljovi93 09-07-2020 09:43 AM

I know this album is about 2020 & politics or whatever Jon called it but let's not make a thread about who is right and what not.

Sick of hearing about politics as it is.

BJFan99 09-07-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1266680)
Actually, it's hard to have a different opinion of Trump than Jon (and every other person that actually thinks about him and what he says and does in detail)

This.

But yeah, I agree with liljovi93 - let's not get overly political here, either.

Xavi 09-07-2020 10:30 AM

It has been said here to dont turn it into politics many times the same people come over and over again with politics...

BJFan99 09-07-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1266684)
It has been said here to dont turn it into politics many times the same people come over and over again with politics...

*cough* Rdkopper *cough*

Adam D 09-07-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1266679)

Jon has different opinions of Trump and other republicans than you, but that doesn't make him a bad person. Hell, he can't sing anymore and IMO shouldn't charge people anymore to hear him try to, but even that doesn't make him a bad person - there are still probably millions of people happy with his current level of performing, and he'll most likely continue until that situation changes, no matter how critical most of us are.

Anyone that would still vote for Trump after all he's done and after all we know about him IS a bad person.

There is no more just agree to disagree. If you stand behind his beliefs and practices after four years you're an idiot. It shocks me that someone who defends what Trump has done to minorities and the disabled etc in this country can possibly be a Bon Jovi fan.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk