Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 02:19 PM

Jon wrote a political album. He's saying socially conscious but the more I read about it, its political so its almost impossible to avoid.

This world really needs a pick me up right now. Not some bullshit song like Ameican Reckoning. "Am I Next, Am I Next". Those lyrics are depressing and are not something I want to hear on a Bon Jovi album right now. Every media outlet is shoving this stuff down our throats 24/7...We really dont need a Bon Jovi album to raise awareness. We need a Bon Jovi album to escape it all.

Here is the thing with Americans and politics... It's okay to like whomever you like. That's the beauty and freedom of it but it should never be discussed. If you take a look at the past 4 years, you can obviously see why. I'm more than guilty of it myself but I've come to realize that I'm not really upset about people's views and choices... I'm more upset about people's instabilities to keep those views to themselves.

I don't think I've ever started a political conversation. I've only responded to them.
I'm more about, if you can dish it out, you should be able to take it.

So at the end of it, I'm just responding to Jon's statements, public views, and song lyrics. If Jon did the right thing and kept it to himself, I would have never muttered a political statement on this thread.

If you watch the old Jon - Blaze Of Glory interview with Kurt Loder, Jon even says that his political views are kept quiet. Agree or Disagree, It's no one's business but their own... That's the Jon I like and respect!!!!

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Adam D 09-07-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266688)
Jon wrote a political album. He's saying socially conscious but the more I read about it, its political so its almost impossible to avoid.

This word really needs a pick me up right now. Not some bullshit song like Ameican Reckoning. "Am I Next, Am I Next". Those lyrics are depressing and are not something I want to hear on a Bon Jovi album right now. Every media outlet is shoving this stuff down our throats 24/7...We really dont need a Bon Jovi album to raise awareness. We need a Bon Jovi album to escape it all.

Here is the thing with Americans and politics... It's okay to like whomever you like. That's the beauty and freedom of it but it should never be discussed. If you take a look at the past 4 years, you can obviously see why. I'm more than guilty of it myself but I've come to realize that I'm not really upset about people's views and choices... I'm more upset about people's instabilities to keep those views to themselves.

I don't think I've ever started a political conversation. I've only responded to them.
I'm more about, if you can dish it out, you should be able to take it.

So at the end of it, I'm just responding to Jon's statements, public views, and song lyrics. If Jon did the right thing and kept it to himself, I would have never muttered a political statement on this thread.

If you watch the old Jon - Blaze Of Glory interview with Kurt Loder, Jon even says that his political views are kept quiet. Agree or Disagree, It's no one's business but their own... That's the Jon I like and respect!!!!

That was also thirty years ago, and in a completely different world.

I'm 37 and much more politically engaged now then when I was 21. I don't think we have much of a choice anymore.

The album may not be any good, who knows, but I'd rather get a taste of the real JBJ in the music than one he fabricates to avoid offending anyone.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1266689)
That was also thirty years ago, and in a completely different world.

I'm 37 and much more politically engaged now then when I was 21. I don't think we have much of a choice anymore.

The album may not be any good, who knows, but I'd rather get a taste of the real JBJ in the music than one he fabricates to avoid offending anyone.

You're not engaged more because of your age, you're engaged more because politics is trending more through social media then ever before.

There should be more to JBJ then politics and Jon's always been a brilliant fictional writer. Again, Blaze Of Glory was written from a movie script. There are other directions Jon could have moved in and I'd even give him a song or two but not an entire album.

As a matter of fact, I don't think this is The Real JBJ at all... He's obviously not a politician, he wants this album out before the election to influence his fans to vote in a certain way, and I really don't know who Jon is trying to impress or what's on his agenda but addressing topics that have been beaten to death by the media show zero originality to me.

Yes! Can't wait to hear a song on gun violence!!!

What's the over / under that Lower The Flag is nothing more then American Reckoning and Unbroken part 3? I can already vision Jon's raspy voice and melancholy attitude.

JackieBlue 09-07-2020 03:33 PM

I agree this thread isn't the place for a political discussion; but the content from the album makes that a little difficult. And since others have managed to get their points across while calling people out for it, I'm going to say this one thing and then shut up. People who don't live here, or who base their opinions on "facts" they get from most of mainstream media, are only considering one half of the story.

I'm neither Republican nor Democrat; and I'm certainly not a Trump supporter. He makes my skin crawl; and I wish to God someone would cancel his Twitter account. But while he may not have done everything right with COVID-19, I doubt anyone else would've done any better. And, in fact, most of those enlightened Democrats, who spend more time pointing fingers than they do trying to accomplish something good, aren't doing any better. But you don't hear that, day in and day out, like you hear the media jump on everything Trump does or says, doing everything they possibly can to discredit him. His comments are taken out of context to create headlines and italicized blurbs because they know that's all 90% of the people are going to see.

The COVID numbers are inflated. From Day One, the media and Tw-idiots have played "pick and choose" with the statistics to draw attention and create widespread panic in an effort to discredit the Trump administration. The Democrats and the liberal media have been pissed since the impeachment process let them down when Trump was acquitted; and they're scared witless because they know they don't have a candidate who could stand against the Republicans in November on the issues alone. So they're using the only weapons they have, which is to trash the opponent and rally behind someone (that over half of them have no confidence in), by pushing emotional buttons and chanting "vote blue no matter who".

Likewise, the numbers of "social justice" incidents are being similarly jacked up, while our cities are being trashed by "peaceful" demonstrations that are encouraged by Black Lives Matter, a group founded and led by well-trained Marxist organizers. Their goal is to break down our political system and societal institutions, including family, education, and religion; and from the state of things right now, it seems they are making inroads towards doing just that.

COVID-19 and the George Floyd killing gave the Democrats, the liberal media, and BLM a golden opportunity, and they are exploiting it to the max. They're playing this situation like a Stradivarius; and a lot of people who don't read past the headlines, or who listen only to the soundbites, are buying into it - hook, line, and sinker.

From what I've seen in the lyrics for 2020, Jon's just singing their song.

Captain_jovi 09-07-2020 03:41 PM

Hey guys, let's not. Lots of places on the board for all of this type of discussion. Please keep it out of here.

bjcrazycpa 09-07-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266691)
I agree this thread isn't the place for a political discussion; but the content from the album makes that a little difficult. And since others have managed to get their points across while calling people out for it, I'm going to say this one thing and then shut up. People who don't live here, or who base their opinions on "facts" they get from most of mainstream media, are only considering one half of the story.

I'm neither Republican nor Democrat; and I'm certainly not a Trump supporter. He makes my skin crawl; and I wish to God someone would cancel his Twitter account. But while he may not have done everything right with COVID-19, I doubt anyone else would've done any better. And, in fact, most of those enlightened Democrats, who spend more time pointing fingers than they do trying to accomplish something good, aren't doing any better. But you don't hear that, day in and day out, like you hear the media jump on everything Trump does or says, doing everything they possibly can to discredit him. His comments are taken out of context to create headlines and italicized blurbs because they know that's all 90% of the people are going to see.

The COVID numbers are inflated. From Day One, the media and Tw-idiots have played "pick and choose" with the statistics to draw attention and create widespread panic in an effort to discredit the Trump administration. The Democrats and the liberal media have been pissed since the impeachment process let them down when Trump was acquitted; and they're scared witless because they know they don't have a candidate who could stand against the Republicans in November on the issues alone. So they're using the only weapons they have, which is to trash the opponent and rally behind someone (that over half of them have no confidence in), by pushing emotional buttons and chanting "vote blue no matter who".

Likewise, the numbers of "social justice" incidents are being similarly jacked up, while our cities are being trashed by "peaceful" demonstrations that are encouraged by Black Lives Matter, a group founded and led by well-trained Marxist organizers. Their goal is to break down our political system and societal institutions, including family, education, and religion; and from the state of things right now, it seems they are making inroads towards doing just that.

COVID-19 and the George Floyd killing gave the Democrats, the liberal media, and BLM a golden opportunity, and they are exploiting it to the max. They're playing this situation like a Stradivarius; and a lot of people who don't read past the headlines, or who listen only to the soundbites, are buying into it - hook, line, and sinker.

So much I could say to all of this but don't have the energy and I clearly won't say anything to change these very entrenched views so I am goin to enjoy my day off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266691)

Yes Yes Yes Yes and Yes!!!

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266692)
Hey guys, let's not. Lots of places on the board for all of this type of discussion. Please keep it out of here.

We're just responding to Jon's lyrics!!!

Captain_jovi 09-07-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266695)
We're just responding to Jon's lyrics!!!

Don't pull that crap. Find me a track called "COVID's numbers are inflated".

"I don't want an album that mentions X" is perfectly fine

"I don't want an album that mentions X because it's hoax perpetrated...." is political talk.

Just open another thread and go nuts. (This isn't me piling on anyone, I just woke up and hadn't been on the board in a day so it's bout the amount of posts I missed). Speaking of, back up to Steel Horse, apology accepted. But again, please stop ramming your opinion down everyone's throats. You're checking a thread for something you hate to remind everyone and we hate it.

Adam D 09-07-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1266693)
So much I could say to all of this but don't have the energy and I clearly won't say anything to change these very entrenched views so I am goin to enjoy my day off.

I'm about done period.

You all enjoy the album, or not. I'll keep my Jovi related comments to Twitter etc going forward.

bjcrazycpa 09-07-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1266697)
I'm about done period.

You all enjoy the album, or not. I'll keep my Jovi related comments to Twitter etc going forward.

I for one appreciate your points of view on Jovi even when we don't completely agree.

Adam D 09-07-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1266698)
I for one appreciate your points of view on Jovi even when we don't completely agree.

Oh, not you Deb. We go back a ways. I can't even fathom half the stuff that has been said over the last page or so of this thread.

And once the album comes out, it'll be the usual chorus of negativity anyway. I just have better ways to spend my time.

eddie73 09-07-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1266687)
Anyone that would still vote for Trump after all he's done and after all we know about him IS a bad person.

There is no more just agree to disagree. If you stand behind his beliefs and practices after four years you're an idiot. It shocks me that someone who defends what Trump has done to minorities and the disabled etc in this country can possibly be a Bon Jovi fan.

Politics has no place in music full stop ! not saying if a support the big D or not, but to say somebody who does can not be a jovi fan is bloody ridiculous

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 07:55 PM

Capt Jovi just did the exact same thing that the mainstream media does. He deleted certain posts and kept others to fit the agenda.

Adam D 09-07-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1266702)
Politics has no place in music full stop ! not saying if a support the big D or not, but to say somebody who does can not be a jovi fan is bloody ridiculous

It's really not if you are aware of what the music has been written about for the last 35 years.

Love, acceptance, inclusion, empathy etc.

Which is the complete and total opposite of what Trump stands for.

Perhaps, you'd feel differently if you lived here and had to follow this cluster**** every single day for the last four years.

Captain_jovi 09-07-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266704)
Capt Jovi just did the exact same thing that the mainstream media does. He deleted certain posts and kept others to fit the agenda.

And you just did the same thing you always do, ran your mouth before taking a time to think and research. I didn't delete a single post. Please prove I deleted anything you conspiracy believing nut.

BJFan99 09-07-2020 09:00 PM

Guys, isn't it about time for you two to end that discussion? It's really getting uncomfortable for the rest of us to follow your endless arguing.

Captain_jovi 09-07-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1266707)
Guys, isn't it about time for you two to end that discussion? It's really getting uncomfortable for the rest of us to follow your endless arguing.

That's what I'm trying to do here.

Alphavictim 09-07-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1266702)
Politics has no place in music full stop !

LMAO, how ignorant can you be? Ever heard of a little track called "Imagine"?

Rdkopper 09-07-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1266709)
LMAO, how ignorant can you be? Ever heard of a little track called "Imagine"?

Different time. Different fight.

Asking for world peace through brilliant lyrics is not a song about Stormy Daniel's.

How about its rephrased to "Moden Day Politics"

Jon is choosing sides. But I wouldn't mind a song about world peace... just not an entire album of them.

liljovi93 09-07-2020 10:36 PM

****ing hell, I can't believe this bollocks is still carrying on.

Let's get back on track.

The album is out in what, four weeks or so? Is anyone actually excited? I've never been this unenthusiastic about an album before. I'm looking forward to going into town and into the music shop and buying it as I always do with Bon Jovi and having it in my hand but in terms of actually listening to it, I'm really not that excited.

I'm hoping something changes my mind soon but I can't see it. I think it's going to flop really badly over here as well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 09-07-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266711)
****ing hell, I can't believe this bollocks is still carrying on.

Let's get back on track.

The album is out in what, four weeks or so? Is anyone actually excited? I've never been this unenthusiastic about an album before. I'm looking forward to going into town and into the music shop and buying it as I always do with Bon Jovi and having it in my hand but in terms of actually listening to it, I'm really not that excited.

I'm hoping something changes my mind soon but I can't see it. I think it's going to flop really badly over here as well.

Jay, I'm excited even if it disappoints. Bon Jovi is my band and I want them to continue so....I'm in lol!

liljovi93 09-07-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1266712)
Jay, I'm excited even if it disappoints. Bon Jovi is my band and I want them to continue so....I'm in lol!

I don't know what it is. I don't know whether it's the lack of promo (understandable in some ways) or the fact I'm not a huge fan of the new songs so far.

Even the album cover depresses me a bit.

bjcrazycpa 09-07-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266713)
I don't know what it is. I don't know whether it's the lack of promo (understandable in some ways) or the fact I'm not a huge fan of the new songs so far.

Even the album cover depresses me a bit.

Well even if it's just a couple of songs I hope then you are pleasantly surprised! But you are talking to the one person who really likes Limitless ha ha!!

Captain_jovi 09-07-2020 10:48 PM

I'm holding out hope. If the songs are melodic snoozefests and the lyrics are worth my time then I'll at least have that. A song like Lonely I can't listen to often but when I do I'm blown away. The lyrics to Blood In The Water have me absolutely piqued, the rest haven't really impressed me.

Still 8 songs that could have some gold on it but I can't see a world I'll be over the moon with the entire project as a whole.

liljovi93 09-07-2020 10:50 PM

Yeah, it's not that I'm not holding out hope. I'm just not excited in any way for this album and I can't put my finger on why.

I'm not judging a full album on the songs we have heard so far but nothing is getting me remotely up for this album.

That may change on the day.

Roll 09-07-2020 11:16 PM

Armageddon is airing on TV and though it sucks quite a lot, Mr Big Time is a goddam song :D

bonjovi90 09-07-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266716)
Yeah, it's not that I'm not holding out hope. I'm just not excited in any way for this album and I can't put my finger on why.

I'm not judging a full album on the songs we have heard so far but nothing is getting me remotely up for this album.

That may change on the day.

For me it's not only that none of the four songs have touched me so far. It's also that I kind of know that the songs will be musically subpar, not to speak of vocally. I liked Not Running Anymore, so I'm hoping there'll be something that can pick me up with it's laid back feel. Lyrics can carry a song, but they'll have to be strong this time around.

But it's also that I don't feel any excitement from the band members. No tweets, no short video clips of Jon, no radio interviews or anything like that. Before the release of THINFS, there was much more in terms of him going into deeper conversations with radio hosts and talking about how he worked off his demons on that record. That made me feel connected.
Everythime I see him these days, there's a bottle of wine in the clip.

rolo_tomachi 09-08-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1266714)
Well even if it's just a couple of songs I hope then you are pleasantly surprised! But you are talking to the one person who really likes Limitless ha ha!!

You are not alone with this one. ;)

YOVANAfromPeru 09-08-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266710)
Asking for world peace through brilliant lyrics is not a song about Stormy Daniel's.

Funny... >_< Lol.
I agree the lyrics we already heard are REALLY depressing; let's hope the album is not ALL about politics 'cause he said this last year: "I'm talking about gun control, I'm talking about politics, I'm talking about the society differences and what's happening here in the States. And of course there are rock 'n' roll songs 'cause life is bigger than just, you know, what's going on in society..."

angelsambo 09-08-2020 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266718)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CErqOW1jDWH/

Javier 09-08-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1266721)

This clips remind me of why his acting career never took off :lol: ....

steel_horse75 09-08-2020 08:36 AM

2020: The New Album

Quote:

For me it's not only that none of the four songs have touched me so far. It's also that I kind of know that the songs will be musically subpar, not to speak of vocally. I liked Not Running Anymore, so I'm hoping there'll be something that can pick me up with it's laid back feel. Lyrics can carry a song, but they'll have to be strong this time around.

But it's also that I don't feel any excitement from the band members. No tweets, no short video clips of Jon, no radio interviews or anything like that. Before the release of THINFS, there was much more in terms of him going into deeper conversations with radio hosts and talking about how he worked off his demons on that record. That made me feel connected.

Pretty much this.
Perfectly summed up.
The fact they wouldn't wait for David to be available to film the album still really pisses me off but I also think it shows how much David probably isn't fussed about the new material either. If it were me I'd be like - you're waiting for me.

I honestly don't think David and Tico had any input (maybe even played) on the album.
A BJ album has never been so JBJ heavy. Its literally Jon on cover, out of the videos there's only one with the band and even then they are blurred in the background, jon only on the merch and he wrote 8/10 songs which isn't good given his last efforts.

From the lyrics we've seen they dont inspire me I just think is this really what Bon Jovi have become?

Yes I love the old stuff but I dont want NJ2 or SWW2 - I'd even take WAN2 at this time. There's just nothing about 2020 that remotely grabs me.

This is the first album I'm not buying day of release. Ill wait for Spotify and if I like 3 of the tracks we havent heard ill consider myself lucky and buy it when it goes on sale.

Seen a few people say this could be the album that finishes the band and I agree. Apart from the people who love everything they do (twitter is full of Jovi freaks) the people who didn’t like/buy the last few albums won’t be queueing up to buy this either.

I’m not being negative but I’m just gutted what this band have become now. It’s horrible when a band you love release stuff you no longer like. Finger crossed the remaining tracks are great.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Faceman 09-08-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

What takes away the fun for me are Jons' vocals and his style in singing.
I'm positive that the new album will have some songs with nice melodies and good (or at least ok) lyrics.
But the way Jon sings the new songs almost makes it unlistenable for me.
This morning when I drove in my car I listened to the German rock radio Radio Bob and they played Do What You Can. The melody is catchy, no doubt about it. Although I didn't like it after the first listen here I gave it a chance. So it's ok when you hear it on the radio. But Jon's style to sing the lyrics just sucks. It isn't even about him hitting the notes or not, that's not the problem with the studio versions. But his pronunciation is terrible and stops me from enjoying any new songs no matter how good they might be.

GabrielC 09-08-2020 03:08 PM

I think this is the worst cover they ever did for an album. Even WAN and THINFS had a cool meaning. I would take the 7800 any day over this one

liljovi93 09-08-2020 03:27 PM

I know we shouldn't compare and I'm already regretting typing this out BUT, I was listening to 'I Believe' on my way back to work before and wow. Just wow.

The vocals, drums, intro, guitar, backing vocals, lyrics etc... It's genuinely a different band (I know we have lost members) now. It's absolutely crazy.

I'm not saying I want another Keep The Faith or anything like that but it was just giving me goosebumps listening to it before and I haven't had that for a while with Bon Jovi.

bonjovi90 09-08-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266726)
I know we shouldn't compare and I'm already regretting typing this out BUT, I was listening to 'I Believe' on my way back to work before and wow. Just wow.

The vocals, drums, intro, guitar, backing vocals, lyrics etc... It's genuinely a different band (I know we have lost members) now. It's absolutely crazy.

I'm not saying I want another Keep The Faith or anything like that but it was just giving me goosebumps listening to it before and I haven't had that for a while with Bon Jovi.

No reason to regret writing this. At one point or another, this is what ultimately brought all of us here. And I know that I Believe struck a chord with many fans, pretty much all of the members of Bounce were hooked in their youth when KTF was released.

I remember that feeling very well when HAND was released. I was in 9th grad and the song premiered on the radio and it was such a great feeling. The song felt energetic, uplifting and fresh. Ever since then, I had hope for a new single to give me that feeling again and it never happened.
I know we won't be getting another album like in the 80's and 90's in terms of quality, but I'm still hoping for a song that has some enegy, power and desire to it. We Don't Run came a bit close, even though it felt somewhat forced, but it had drive and punch and made you turn the volume up.

In 2009, Jon told in the WWWB documentary that he doesn't like to write the downer song, but I fear there are too many of this and too little of really uplifting, energizing material on the new album.

rolo_tomachi 09-08-2020 07:42 PM

There is less than 1 month left, I hope the machinery starts, and releases more information about the album release, confirmation of bonus tracks, some preview and stuff.

Captain_jovi 09-08-2020 07:53 PM

I went digging and saw that THINFS previews came out roughly two weeks before the album but we also had the live show in full long before that. I would guess by this time next week we'll have something.

liljovi93 09-08-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266729)
I went digging and saw that THINFS previews came out roughly two weeks before the album but we also had the live show in full long before that. I would guess by this time next week we'll have something.

We'll get the full album (live) on the 17/18th by looks of it with that iHeartRadio show doesn't it so probably about right.