Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

liljovi93 09-12-2020 06:04 PM

Looks like we will be getting another duet with Jennifer Nettles.

Both posted about 'Who Says You Can't Go Home' and then today posted the photos attached with lyrics to 'Do What You Can'.'

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...16761a4dd3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...970af4e878.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3254e247ca.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-12-2020 06:12 PM

Interesting! Wonder if they are releasing it to country radio? If it was for something on the new album I assume it'd already be promoted as such? Hmmm...

Rdkopper 09-12-2020 06:23 PM

Explains and Justifies The Chicken Farm lyric.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

angelsambo 09-12-2020 06:30 PM

does this song get any radio airplay in the states?

Captain_jovi 09-12-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266763)

Hmmm what do you mean?

Burlhouse 09-12-2020 07:12 PM

Was this here before??

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...bf585922e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain_jovi 09-12-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burlhouse (Post 1266766)
Was this here before??

Oh heeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllll. That's a REALLY good find.

steel_horse75 09-12-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266763)

And why the whole song sounds like a country song

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-12-2020 10:12 PM

I really think people are putting the cart before the horse thinking it was always designed to be released as a country duet back way back in March but that's just my opinion.

thesedays2014 09-12-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266768)
And why the whole song sounds like a country song

Tacky ‘modern’ country due to Shanks’ production; on the acoustic it was more a Dylan-esque song.

Just goes to show what production can do to an alright song...the story of post 2000 Jovi 😅

JackieBlue 09-13-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266767)
Oh heeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllll. That's a REALLY good find.

Amen to that!! Great eye!!

I kinda doubt that it was planned that way in March, too. This seems to me like something they may have just cooked up recently, after the song got a little attention. Not that it matters one way or the other.

If it's true, this idea won't hurt my feelings a bit. The Who Says video, plus the CMT Crossroads show they did with Sugarland, is what hooked me on Bon Jovi to start with. :D

YOVANAfromPeru 09-13-2020 01:31 AM

Lol. Who Says You Can't Go Home 2.
So this is getting worse, people. This song sounds like a Real kindergarten, after all.

GabrielC 09-13-2020 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burlhouse (Post 1266766)
Was this here before??

If her name is there in the description, the video on Youtube is already uploaded, just privated waiting for the release. Should be soon

Rdkopper 09-13-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1266770)
Tacky ‘modern’ country due to Shanks’ production; on the acoustic it was more a Dylan-esque song.

Just goes to show what production can do to an alright song...the story of post 2000 Jovi [emoji28]

It's always been like that. And that's just not a Bon Jovi thing.

Captain_jovi 09-13-2020 06:46 PM

Even the fact that no sites are listing it as a bonus track kind of tells ya how last minute this idea is. Could be a digital only thing I guess.

Walleris 09-13-2020 07:30 PM

It's a pretty cool idea.

They're going back in time to the last time they scored a commercial hit. It won't matter much business-wise (if you think Bon Jovi in 2020 is irrelevant, you should check out the chart positions of Sugarland's latest album), but it might do a decent job to engage the fanbase. I can't blame them for trying either way.

Unlike most, I actually prefer the duet of Who Says with the fiddle to the album version; hence, I'm mildly excited to hear it. I fully expect it to be the only thing I enjoy from that whole album.

MrsDavidSambora 09-13-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266526)
If this show isn’t going to be “live” then I don’t see why they can’t wait for David to be free for the afternoon.
2/5 original band members - this band are becoming the nostalgia/tribute act that Jon always said he would quit if it happened.

Well I read that the whole Diana-cast is living in quarantine for some weeks, as long as they are recording and taping in NYC.
Probably that is the reason why Dave can't just leave for a few hours or even a day to play the gig..

MrsDavidSambora 09-13-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266549)
Well, it's kinda strange that in 35+ years he only missed 1 show due to him winning a Tony. Even when his Dad died in 2003 during the Bounce tour he didn't miss a show.
Now the band wants to record a show. It isn't live and there's no date for a release yet. So I can't see a reason why it's impossible to make it happen with the full band.
Covid-19 may make it tougher to get it all done. But it's still a matter of planning they have to do one way or another. And nobody can tell me that both recordings were a last-minute-decision...

I guess its bec of the quarantine the cast and crew of Diana has do undrego these days..

Captain_jovi 09-14-2020 03:03 AM

Makes sense. There's zero logistical sense to waiting until David is free if there is really a quarantine needed for both productions. The entertainment industry is in a tailspin right now, making this a "Jon doesn't care about being a band" angle is super shortsighted. But I've ranted about that enough.

rolo_tomachi 09-14-2020 05:28 PM

So now he wants to replicate the hit "Who Says You Can't Go Home", one song from 15 years ago.
Very good Jon. :roll:

jovifan85 09-14-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266783)
So now he wants to replicate the hit "Who Says You Can't Go Home", one song from 15 years ago.
Very good Jon. :roll:

I disagree. Jon thinks partnering with Jennifer Nettles, may make DWYC, better somewhat. The days of Bon Jovi hitting the top 20 in singles in America and UK ever again are highly unlikely, Jon knows this, and he knows with the changed rules in America he's unlikely to make Number 1 again in Album charts.

He's just happy making music, and fans hopefully will buy 2020. This Covid Pandemic, shows Jon's ready to go on for a few years yet, health permitting with himself and the band members.

rolo_tomachi 09-14-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1266785)
I disagree. Jon thinks partnering with Jennifer Nettles, may make DWYC, better somewhat. The days of Bon Jovi hitting the top 20 in singles in America and UK ever again are highly unlikely, Jon knows this, and he knows with the changed rules in America he's unlikely to make Number 1 again in Album charts.

He's just happy making music, and fans hopefully will buy 2020. This Covid Pandemic, shows Jon's ready to go on for a few years yet, health permitting with himself and the band members.

He could have had another artist, as it seems a somewhat lazy move to have Jennifer Nettles again. There is nothing new under the sun, however with another country artist or whatever, it would have been something more novel, refresh and exciting.

jovifan85 09-14-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266790)
He could have had another artist, as it seems a somewhat lazy move to have Jennifer Nettles again. There is nothing new under the sun, however with another country artist or whatever, it would have been something more novel, refresh and exciting.

I would like this as well. But would Jon let people notice his vocal issues struggles With someone outshining him? But I'm sure the studio tricks could help recording it but playing live would be a problem. Jon would struggles mid or higher range, and the artist outshines him.....would his ego allow it? No.

Unless he's accepted this, and perhaps if it did happen working with someone else fans have to accept that...someone outperforming the once great vocals of Jon. But just because it could happen, doesn't mean he should retire ( he can still sing in a lower pitch not what fans want, but the reality)......

angelsambo 09-14-2020 09:58 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFIR_8GHuNk/

Alphavictim 09-14-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266790)

You want JBJ to reunite with Richie Sambora, write music like in the 90s again, and have Bob Rock produce it. I mean, so do I, but don't act like we want them to do novel things, either.

Captain_jovi 09-14-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1266794)
You want JBJ to reunite with Richie Sambora, write music like in the 90s again, and have Bob Rock produce it. I mean, so do I, but don't act like we want them to do novel things, either.

Rolo's two arguments today have been:

1) Re-release an album from 2000

and

2) How dare he go into the past

So who knows.

jovifan85 09-14-2020 10:05 PM

Anything Jon does now till he retires will be criticised, yes, some it may be constructive, but fans are not forced to buy anything he does now until he retires, they full know his vocals are shot......so why buy or follow him if they know this and then complain about his vocals or style of music?

I know there will be critism when the 2020 album gets played at IHeart, but at least if you didn't order, you know whether not to get it or not. Jon didn't force the fan to buy it..........Mind you some fans have buyed 2020 without listening to the rest of it, perhaps should have waited to this weekend...... or the 30 sec preview.

Again Jon DIDN'T FORCE YOU TO BUY IT.......the fans fault here if they ordered without listening to it in full, and then dislike it! You can't get a refund!

liljovi93 09-14-2020 10:06 PM

Official Bon Jovi page have confirmed that Jennifer Nettles is doing a duet with them

jovifan85 09-14-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266797)
Official Bon Jovi page have confirmed that Jennifer Nettles is doing a duet with them on 'Do What You Can'

Will it sound better with her? For those fans who already dislike it?

Rdkopper 09-14-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266797)
Official Bon Jovi page have confirmed that Jennifer Nettles is doing a duet with them

Is there a link? I'm on the official page and I don't see it

liljovi93 09-14-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266799)
Is there a link? I'm on the official page and I don't see it

https://twitter.com/BonJovi/status/1...099912704?s=19

rolo_tomachi 09-14-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266800)

That clip, if the meeting in the street were with Sambora, it would have blown our minds.

Rdkopper 09-14-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266800)

I saw this too. We can all assume it's a duet which I'm sure it is too but nothing officially stating it

jovifan85 09-14-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266801)
That clip, if the meeting in the street were with Sambora, it would have blown our minds.

Yes, but it didn't. And doesn't look like it will.....unless they can work together again even if it's for the last album (with Alec Such if his health allows) I would be disappointed if they couldn't be professional at least for the fans when the Final Album comes around. Richie and Jon are not like that.... I hope.

rolo_tomachi 09-14-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266795)
Rolo's two arguments today have been:

1) Re-release an album from 2000

and

2) How dare he go into the past

So who knows.

That's not the point. A re-release has nothing to do with this new duet. One thing is a celebration of an album that turns 20 and another thing is a duet of a new song calling an artist with whom you have previously worked on something similar. What's next, a Story of Love duet with LeAnn Rimes? do you understand now my point? there are a lot of artists to choose from... and Jennifer is not among my favorites, so I don't like that choice. Feels like a cheap trick.

But since I see that you are very sensitive to the subject, I will retract.

Wow, Jennifer ****ing Netthes is back with Bon Jovi, fantastic, I can't wait to hear this duet.!!!!

Captain_jovi 09-14-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266806)
That's not the point. A re-release has nothing to do with this new duet. One thing is a celebration of an album that turns 20 and another thing is a duet of a new song calling an artist with whom you have previously worked on something similar. What's next, a Story Love duet with LeAnn Rimes? do you understand now my point? there are a lot of artists to choose from... and Jennifer is not among my favorites, so I don't like that choice.

But since I see that you are very sensitive to the subject, I will retract.

Wow, Jennifer ****ing Netthes is back with Bon Jovi, fantastic, no puedo esperar a escuchar this duet!!!!

I get your point, my point was that you are all over the place with your ideas and they sometimes contradict each other. I really don't care what people think about this duet.

rolo_tomachi 09-14-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266807)
I get your point, my point was that you are all over the place with your ideas and they sometimes contradict each other. I really don't care what people think about this duet.

That is not contradictory, you can celebrate an anniversary album and in the same year release a new album, other artists and bands have done it and it has been great. You always look at my opinions with an obtuse focus, that's the problem.

JackieBlue 09-15-2020 12:52 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFITS2gH..._web_copy_link

Rdkopper 09-15-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266810)

Already posted

JackieBlue 09-15-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1266811)
Already posted

Sorry. I missed it.