Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

YOVANAfromPeru 09-15-2020 03:09 AM

Beside it's already a known past artist (Jennifer Nettles), is already a known past song (Do What You Can). So one word... boring.
If it's a different song, boring too 'cause I never liked duets in general.
I don't think it's Who Says You Can't Home again.
So hopefully it's a quick campaing.

GabrielC 09-15-2020 07:32 AM

I don't really care about this duet. I'm more excited about the IHeart event friday and saturday.

Butters 09-15-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266781)
Makes sense. There's zero logistical sense to waiting until David is free if there is really a quarantine needed for both productions. The entertainment industry is in a tailspin right now, making this a "Jon doesn't care about being a band" angle is super shortsighted. But I've ranted about that enough.

It's not Jon; it's David. David is prioritising his musical work over the band.

By the way, I think that is perfectly okay and fair play to him for following his passion, but it speaks volumes about what the "band" is today.

Jack27 09-15-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1266824)

By the way, I think that is perfectly okay and fair play to him for following his passion, but it speaks volumes about what the "band" is today.

Or it's just that it wasn't workable and the band had to press on for promotion for the album...

MrsDavidSambora 09-15-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1266824)

Honestly.. I wouldn't interpret too much into all this.
David never made a secret out of it that he loves the band and he loves to play with the guys.
I think he didnt really have a choice, bec being with the band would have meant several weeks of quarantine for him.
The whole team of Diana has to stay in a hotel, being quarantined and is not allowed to have contact with people not involved with the production. The rules seem to be really strict here.

For sure Diana means alot to Dave and the taping for Netflix is a huge step in his career besides BJ. He can't postpone the whole thing, so he had to decide, and its clear that in this case this is more important to him, than a promo-gig who will be streamed online.
I am also pretty sure that JBJ is OK with it. He always supported Dave with his "2nd job". He was the one who sent Dave to the Tony-Awards even when this meant that he would miss a show, and he was also the one who included "Diana" in the video for DWYC.
He knows that Dave wouldn't leave or even hurt the band, and this was the FIRST exception that David made to quit a job with the band.

The times are weird and being at least 2 weeks (or even more) out of the rehearsal- and taping process, just bec of one promo-gig, would have been just too much, even more since he seems to be one of the most responsible people working on this musical - production.....

nikos greece 09-15-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1266817)
I don't really care about this duet. I'm more excited about the IHeart event friday and saturday.

I thought Bj will appear once on the iheart concert where they ll perform a 7 to 8 song set, including some new material and there will be another recording of the album in full where we dont know how it will be aired

bonjovi90 09-15-2020 04:10 PM

At the end of the day, they're doing a promo set. Nothing too different from them playing a couple of promo songs at TFI Friday 1996, for which Jon also let Tico go to take care of his art exhibition and used a replacement drummer.

Jack27 09-15-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1266828)
I thought Bj will appear once on the iheart concert where they ll perform a 7 to 8 song set, including some new material and there will be another recording of the album in full where we dont know how it will be aired

I thought they were on both nights but could be wrong. It’s just how interpreted the poster on Instagram.

MrsDavidSambora 09-15-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1266830)
I thought they were on both nights but could be wrong. It’s just how interpreted the poster on Instagram.

I read that they are doing 8 "hits" the first night and the whole 2020 the 2nd night. But this is not comfirmed..

nikos greece 09-15-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDavidSambora (Post 1266831)
I read that they are doing 8 "hits" the first night and the whole 2020 the 2nd night. But this is not comfirmed..

i think phil x was the source for that, but i guess its 2 completeley different recordings, not for i heart, anyway looking forward for the nEw stuff with a little bittersweet flavor.

BJFan99 09-15-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDavidSambora (Post 1266831)

C'mon Jon, go for Always :D we sure need some humor during these hard times...

liljovi93 09-15-2020 07:16 PM

Duet with Jennifer Nettles on 'Do What You Can' is added as an extra song to the new album.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

pudge104 09-15-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266835)
Duet with Jennifer Nettles on 'Do What You Can' is added as an extra song to the new album.

Where do you see that and what happened at 1pm on Facebook, I don’t see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liljovi93 09-15-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pudge104 (Post 1266836)
Where do you see that and what happened at 1pm on Facebook, I don’t see anything.

https://twitter.com/BonJoviTalk/stat...336457728?s=19

YOVANAfromPeru 09-15-2020 07:52 PM

https://www.facebook.com/JenniferNet...MVdJNHK6Xu&d=n
I'm not excited at all -_-.

pudge104 09-15-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266837)
https://twitter.com/BonJoviTalk/stat...336457728?s=19

Thanks, thought it was going to be on Bon Jovi's Facebook, didn't think about checking Jennifer's.

JoviForever 09-15-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1266838)

Nor am I - won’t improve what is a very average song.

liljovi93 09-15-2020 08:23 PM

Released on Friday. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...80586cd442.jpg

liljovi93 09-15-2020 11:25 PM

Performing on Saturday night. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...431c17a8a1.jpg

bjcrazycpa 09-15-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266842)
Performing on Saturday night. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...431c17a8a1.jpg

Thanks Jay. Love Kane Brown lol!

GabrielC 09-16-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266841)
Released on Friday. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...80586cd442.jpg

Did they just made a big deal out of announcing a future announcement?

Captain_jovi 09-16-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1266844)
Did they just made a big deal out of announcing a future announcement?

Haha looks like it. I'll take too much promo over not enough though.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-16-2020 02:15 AM

This iHeart Radio thing is a Festival, so I get the hits thing but I don't imagine Bon Jovi playing the whole album, especially with 2 songs (American Reckoning and Unbroken) that make you sleep, unless the others are Really different.

Captain_jovi 09-16-2020 05:33 AM

Same, I think both were filmed in the same week but aren't necessarily related. AT this point it would have been promoted as such.

steel_horse75 09-16-2020 08:59 AM

Why release DWYC a few weeks ago then release another version a few weeks later? Seems odd.

Not a fan of WSYGH and DWYC so I’ll not bother with this.

Just seems odd to release 2 different versions within a few weeks. I get why DWYC was so country sounding now so that Jennifer Nettles could sing on it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 09-16-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266850)
Why release DWYC a few weeks ago then release another version a few weeks later? Seems odd...

He told us why, in the video chat with Jennifer. Starting around 3:30:

Quote:

...Then when it was finished, I was thinking of you because I thought back to the days when we did WSYCGH... it was fun and it was life-changing for us; and y'know, it was a #1 song, and y'know, you and I got a Grammy out of the deal. That was the band's first #1 Country single, which was a big deal; and I thought, with this song, what a way to broaden its appeal...
With a duet, he gets another shot at a #1 single, CMT airplay, a broader audience, and possibly another Grammy.

It had to be released within a few weeks of the original so it could be included on the album as an extra song. That way, Jennifer Nettles fans can help push the album to #1, for the Oct 2 debut.

When you can't do what you do, you do what you can... :D

If you back the video up to about 3:05, he also tells us who isn't playing on the studio recording of DWYC and another song on the album...

Quote:

... so I snuck off in June, with the band, to CA, where John Shanks, our co-producer and guitar player, has a home studio; and Tico flew in from FL, Hugh from Nashville, and me from here, and John, of course, and Phil from LA, and we recorded this and another new song for the record...
Notice anybody missing?

jovifan85 09-16-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266854)
He told us why, in the video chat with Jennifer. Starting around 3:30:

With a duet, he gets another shot at a #1 single, CMT airplay, a broader audience, and possibly another Grammy.

It had to be released within a few weeks of the original so it could be included on the album as an extra song. That way, Jennifer Nettles fans can help push the album to #1, for the Oct 2 debut.

When you can't do what you do, you do what you can... :D

If you back the video up to about 3:05, he also tells us who isn't playing on the studio recording of DWYC and another song on the album...

Notice anybody missing?

Perhaps, David Bryan was still feeling unwell? He's commmitted, don't doubt that, he has his other interests as well, which Jon understands.

jovifan85 09-16-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1266855)
Perhaps, David Bryan was still feeling unwell? He's commmitted, don't doubt that, he has his other interests as well, which Jon understands.

Fed-up with theories David Bryan or Tico Torres don't want to be in Bon Jovi. Well, they would quit if they wanted after "Burning Bridges" with Jon as well....shows they still want to be in a band with Jon despite his Vocals issues and Ritchie absent....

End of discussion.

Captain_jovi 09-16-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266850)
. I get why DWYC was so country sounding now so that Jennifer Nettles could sing on it as well.

I'm not sure if this angle has been discussed but why is everyone so convinced this will be a country version? It could just be an extra one featuring her vocals. I've said it before but the song having a rootsy twang, like so many band songs, doesn't imply that six months later a country duet will happen that clearly happened last minute. You don't wait two weeks before release to drop this otherwise.

bonjovi90 09-16-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1266856)
Fed-up with theories David Bryan or Tico Torres don't want to be in Bon Jovi. Well, they would quit if they wanted after "Burning Bridges" with Jon as well....shows they still want to be in a band with Jon despite his Vocals issues and Ritchie absent....

End of discussion.

Quoting yourself and getting aggressive on that. There's always something new to see [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 09-16-2020 06:39 PM

To be honest, I'm not paying too much attention to this duet; but it's funny how Jon looks giant and Jennifer looks so short in that image >_< jaja.

jovifan85 09-16-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266858)
Quoting yourself and getting aggressive on that. There's always something new to see [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Funny I know! Seriously, David and Tico are happy in the Band, people saying they aren't is wrong.

David, likes his theatre. He missed the IHeart Recordings, because he couldn't get out of recordings for Diana ( we think, unless he had a family engagement etc). Jon's not fussed, I'm not as well.

Let's end....Well David prefers his threatre over BJ. He can do both.

Well, Tico he's cool..... As I said Tico and David could have walked away after "Burning Bridges" they didn't. That tells you everything.

JackieBlue 09-16-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1266855)

Entirely possible. I'm just surprised that Jon didn't mention him at all. It would've been simple enough for him to say David was "still recovering" or "working on his musical" or whatever while he was naming all the others (and where they came from) individually.

Maybe David was there and Jon just forgot to mention him. And even if he wasn't there, the reason could be something else altogether; something we don't know anything about. Who knows. They could have decided the keys weren't needed for these 2 songs.

TBH, I don't recall where people have said that either David or Tico isn't happy or wants out of the band; but I coulda missed it.

jovifan85 09-16-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266863)
Entirely possible. I'm just surprised that Jon didn't mention him at all. It would've been simple enough for him to say David was "still recovering" or "working on his musical" or whatever while he was naming all the others (and where they came from) individually.

Maybe David was there and Jon just forgot to mention him. And even if he wasn't there, the reason could be something else altogether; something we don't know anything about. Who knows. They could have decided the keys weren't needed for these 2 songs.

TBH, I don't recall where people have said that either David or Tico isn't happy or wants out of the band; but I coulda missed it.

Maybe I misinterpreted people's posts.....It's just sometimes people say well David Bryan missed a Iheart session etc, That's shows his more committed to his Theatre etc.

As we know as fans he signed a new contract after Burning Bridges, with Jon, Tico, PhilX and Hugh, shows there still interested in the band.

Lets just enjoy the time we have left, we have of the Band, regardless if we like or dislike post 2000 Bon Jovi.

Thinny 09-16-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1266864)
As we know as fans he signed a new contract after Burning Bridges, with Jon, Tico, PhilX and Hugh, shows there still interested in the band.

As much as I'm sure the guys are happy with the band as it is, it's still Jon's baby and they are still his employees. Dave's stuff is his baby and he's bound to be more passionate about that and proving that there's more to him that just being Jon's keyboard guy. No one can blame him for wanting to build his own legacy.

jovifan85 09-16-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1266866)
As much as I'm sure the guys are happy with the band as it is, it's still Jon's baby and they are still his employees. Dave's stuff is his baby and he's bound to be more passionate about that and proving that there's more to him that just being Jon's keyboard guy. No one can blame him for wanting to build his own legacy.

Jon's happy that David's getting the recognition he deserves with his theatre, as you pointed out, David is passionate about it, perhaps more than the Band, but because it's his own thing as you said. I'm happy for David.

Thinny 09-16-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1266867)
Jon's happy that David's getting the recognition he deserves with his theatre, as you pointed out.

The fact that Jon included the Theatre that Diana is at in the We Do What We Can video is evidence enough of that.

liljovi93 09-17-2020 12:07 AM

Length of songs have been published. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...07ffe3a344.jpg

bonjovi90 09-17-2020 12:17 AM

I really hope the length indicates some interesting instrumental work somewhere in there and not just endless "spoken" verses by Jon.
Usually, I tend to get excited when I see longer running times, but then again, Labour of Love was long and Unbroken is the longest one on here. So I guess it could go either way :mrgreen:

liljovi93 09-17-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266870)
I really hope the length indicates some interesting instrumental work somewhere in there and not just endless "spoken" verses by Jon.

Usually, I tend to get excited when I see longer running times, but then again, Labour of Love was long and Unbroken is the longest one on here. So I guess it could go either way :mrgreen:

Just incase people think it was fake as it was on Wikipedia, this was from Apple music.

Yeah, I agree. Beautiful Drug is one I'm looking forward too and that's one of the shortest. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...408d3e9cca.jpg