Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 10-25-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246128)
Who Would You Die For actually is a great song which was wasted in a forced album in order to complete their contract with Mercury/Island.

Fingerprints is also very nice. I personally loved We Don't Run from that album. Could be easily a lead single in any other album in 2000s/2010s

Agree.
We Dont Run
Sat Night
Who would you die for
Teardrop
Im your Man (not my fav by any means)

are wasted on a throw away album.

bonjovi90 10-26-2018 12:24 AM

Since someone had mentioned Shanks emulating Bobby's guitar style on Teardrop... I'm not too sure that it isn't actually Bobby playing on that track. Jon and he didn't fall out until early summer of 2015 and by then the track had most likely been recorded.

thesedays2014 10-28-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246139)
Since someone had mentioned Shanks emulating Bobby's guitar style on Teardrop... I'm not too sure that it isn't actually Bobby playing on that track. Jon and he didn't fall out until early summer of 2015 and by then the track had most likely been recorded.

I think teardrop has an amazing guitar solo and totally original. BB shows us that John can create some great guitar work in the studio, contrasting with his average at best live playing,...doubt it was Bobby

BJFan99 10-28-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1246171)
I think teardrop has an amazing guitar solo and totally original. BB shows us that John can create some great guitar work in the studio, contrasting with his average at best live playing,...doubt it was Bobby

Oh yeah, Shanks has definitely done at least one thing right.

https://youtu.be/2reavl_l9f0

rolo_tomachi 10-28-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246139)

Songs Credits

1- A Teardrop To The Sea

TITLE: A TEARDROP TO THE SEA
WRITER 1: Jon Bon Jovi
WRITER 2: Billy Falcon
PRODUCED BY: John Shanks & Jon Bon Jovi
LEAD VOCALS: Jon Bon Jovi
BACKGROUND VOCALS: Jon Bon Jovi
GUITAR: John Shanks
BASS: Hugh McDonald
KEYBOARDS: David Bryan
DRUMS: Tico Torres
PERCUSSION: Tico Torres
MIXED BY: Paul LaMalfa
RECORDED BY: Paul LaMalfa
TRACKING STUDIO: Avatar Studios, NYC / Henson Studios, LA
MIX STUDIO: Henson Studios, LA
MASTERED BY: Phil Nicolo
MASTERING ASST: Dan Tatarowicz
MASTERING STUDIO: STUDIO4, Philly

Eveline 10-28-2018 09:01 PM

wow Shanks is actually capable of doing something good! *clap clap*

kevinondemand 10-28-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1246209)
wow Shanks is actually capable of doing something good! *clap clap*

I personally love Shanks. I met him multiple times and he told me that Jon let him run with that song.

Thinny 10-28-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinondemand (Post 1246215)
I personally love Shanks. I met him multiple times and he told me that Jon let him run with that song.

You're definitely in the minority on here with that opinion...

But that's quite interesting, and pretty much confirms what some here have said, in that Shanks just does what Jon asks of him and can't be completely blamed for the sterile sound of the last few records. It sounds as if Jon doesn't let him run with it that often....and if he did we might get more gems like Teardrops...

It's almost as if Jon didn't give a shit about BB, as it was just so he could get out of the record contract and let Shanks loose a bit. And as a result we got of of the best BJ songs in the last 10 years at least...

kevinondemand 10-29-2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246216)
You're definitely in the minority on here with that opinion...

But that's quite interesting, and pretty much confirms what some here have said, in that Shanks just does what Jon asks of him and can't be completely blamed for the sterile sound of the last few records. It sounds as if Jon doesn't let him run with it that often....and if he did we might get more gems like Teardrops...

It's almost as if Jon didn't give a shit about BB, as it was just so he could get out of the record contract and let Shanks loose a bit. And as a result we got of of the best BJ songs in the last 10 years at least...

From the 10 minute conversation I had with him he seemed very proud of BB. It was before the IHeartradio theater show. I didn’t have a ticket but ended up getting in anyway thanks to the awesome crew.

I’m actually a fan of everything that shanks produced and funny enough I like the new Bon Jovi stuff over the old stuff.

Walleris 10-29-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinondemand (Post 1246219)
I’m actually a fan of everything that shanks produced and funny enough I like the new Bon Jovi stuff over the old stuff.

Matt Bongiovi burner account detected.